5727 15 2019-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mathiashoffner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 987336 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Just recieved my Osmo Action, and notice after first test that my front screen got some fug??

2019-5-31
Use props
mathiashoffner
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

[img][/img]
2019-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mathiashoffner, in some rare circumstances, condensation behind Osmo Action’s front screen may occur when the device starts to heat up during normal operation. This does not affect the product performance and the fog will disappear naturally without leaving any marks. To eliminate the fog quickly, you can place the product in a dry area. When using Osmo Action underwater, please make sure the battery cap is locked properly with dry hands.
2019-5-31
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grab a desiccant bag, usually, there is one in the Osmo Action box underneath the cardboard. If there isn't, find one from any other electronics packaging you might have. Put the disiccant pack and the Action in a small ziplock bag overnight and that should wick out any residual moisture and prevent this from happening in the future.
2019-5-31
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Someone else suggested removing the battery and plugging in a charger and running it for an hour at the top rated resolution and framerate which will generate heat and dry out the moisture.  It will run on a charger without battery.
2019-5-31
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought mine and tested for the spot with water and it showed up on mine. so I am trying the remove battery and plug it in and record method to remove it.
2019-6-2
Use props
mathiashoffner
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 09:05
I just bought mine and tested for the spot with water and it showed up on mine. so I am trying the remove battery and plug it in and record method to remove it.

Did that help?
2019-6-2
Use props
mathiashoffner
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 03:52
Hi mathiashoffner, in some rare circumstances, condensation behind Osmo Action’s front screen may occur when the device starts to heat up during normal operation. This does not affect the product performance and the fog will disappear naturally without leaving any marks. To eliminate the fog quickly, you can place the product in a dry area. When using Osmo Action underwater, please make sure the battery cap is locked properly with dry hands.

but but but.. the problem is that i need that front screen in action, so i dont have time to turn off the camera and wait for it to disapear. i need that front screen under the hole video.. and i think it is a bad exquse that this i naturall? that a big fail and problem for DJI .........
2019-6-2
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm testing it right now. Looks like it worked.. Knock on wood... I filmed at 4k/60 with rocksteady on.. filled a whole 64 Gb card. no battery just cable plugged in.. took about 70 Min.. One thing I noticed is how hot the camera got.. the body got very warm and inside the battery was also warm.. but the Metal lens ring got to  like 120+  and I could only touch it for like 1 sec before it felt like it would burn my finger.
2019-6-2
Use props
mathiashoffner
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 10:59
I'm testing it right now. Looks like it worked.. Knock on wood... I filmed at 4k/60 with rocksteady on.. filled a whole 64 Gb card. no battery just cable plugged in.. took about 70 Min.. One thing I noticed is how hot the camera got.. the body got very warm and inside the battery was also warm.. but the Metal lens ring got to  like 120+  and I could only touch it for like 1 sec before it felt like it would burn my finger.

Hmm... Looks like DJI got some issues with this product...
2019-6-2
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep I'm afraid so …..
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mathiashoffner Posted at 6-2 10:49
but but but.. the problem is that i need that front screen in action, so i dont have time to turn off the camera and wait for it to disapear. i need that front screen under the hole video.. and i think it is a bad exquse that this i naturall? that a big fail and problem for DJI .........

You can start recording, the fog will disappear gradually after a while without any mark left.
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 10:59
I'm testing it right now. Looks like it worked.. Knock on wood... I filmed at 4k/60 with rocksteady on.. filled a whole 64 Gb card. no battery just cable plugged in.. took about 70 Min.. One thing I noticed is how hot the camera got.. the body got very warm and inside the battery was also warm.. but the Metal lens ring got to  like 120+  and I could only touch it for like 1 sec before it felt like it would burn my finger.

Hi there, Osmo Action can shoot up to 4K, 60fps video at 100 Mbps. The amount of video file data generated in one minute can reach 700 MB. It is inevitable that the camera emits heat when dealing with such a large amount of data in a short time. So it is normal that the device emits heat. However, the Osmo Action pays special attention to this problem. The internal heat dissipation area, such as the heat sink and the lens cover removes heat from the device to ensure the normal operation of the camera, and it is repeatedly tested that the temperature is within a reasonable range.
2019-6-3
Use props
mathiashoffner
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-2 23:58
You can start recording, the fog will disappear gradually after a while without any mark left.

No, only dissapear when you turn the camera off
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_6cgMrMOMF6p1
New
Colombia

I have a similar issue with my osmo action, but it looks like black lines not fug... This morning it was perfect, but two hours later the black lines get to the front screen without any crash or even water, it has been in its case always, why does it happened and what can I do to avoid any other damage and if possible to repair it?
2021-2-27
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_6cgMrMOMF6p1 Posted at 2-27 14:32
I have a similar issue with my osmo action, but it looks like black lines not fug... This morning it was perfect, but two hours later the black lines get to the front screen without any crash or even water, it has been in its case always, why does it happened and what can I do to avoid any other damage and if possible to repair it?

I have this same issue. Personally, any type of electronic device that generates moisture can't be a good thing. Moisture and electronics are like oil and water. I will quote the response I got back from DJI, "In some rare circumstances, condensation behind the DJI Osmo Action’s front screen may occur." It can't be that rare DJI, look how many people are talking about it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230294
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules