Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to remove USB cover on Osmo Action ?
5937 5 2019-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Does anybody know how to remove the USB cover on the Osmo Action.  I want to do this so that I can either charge the Action whilst in its case and/or power the camera from another source.   The manual says '...to remove pull the USB cover towards the Quick Switch button until it detaches. '  The USB cover and its mechanism appears a bit fragile, and I am concerned that a bit of force wrongly applied would break it :-(    Could do with a diagram or video here DJI   

2019-5-31
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

While pushing in on the button, push the cover down. It is very tight when brand new and can be a little difficult until its been used quite a bit.
2019-5-31
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just noticed that the USB cover can be purchased separately for £19.  Looks like DJI are expecting a few of these broke ?
2019-5-31
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KerryG Posted at 5-31 10:45
While pushing in on the button, push the cover down. It is very tight when brand new and can be a little difficult until its been used quite a bit.

Thanks for that KerryG, you say push it down whilst DJI say push it towards QS switch UP ?   Got it to move slightly but still afraid to apply more force lest it breaks.
2019-5-31
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

FredAstra Posted at 5-31 11:06
Just noticed that the USB cover can be purchased separately for £19.  Looks like DJI are expecting a few of these broke ?

Actually, the door is designed to be removable.  But press in on the latch-button and slide it down somewhat and then it flips up.  Once up, it can be pulled away.  A very thin 'axle or hinge' pin is gripped by the hinge.  I had not tried removing it till now.

The idea is that the door can be removed and the frame placed back on and you can charge it.  The camera can be used without the battery if connected to a charger or battery bank.
2019-5-31
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

2019-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules