Activate -> Activate -> Activate -> Activate -> Activate
674 6 2019-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Sheesh... This was easier a year ago with Sylvester.

Spark is turned on.

Remote is turned on.

Android (that I used a year ago) is connected to "Spark-RC-6b0d5c."

Go4 kindly tells me, "It's been less than 48 hours since you first activated SPARK. You can still purchase DJI Care Refresh now!... (I already did)

Click Activate.

Click Next.

Check the box and click Agree.

Give it a name.

Continue.

Pick a stick mode.

Choose your measurements (I use nanolightseconds).

Pick Beginner Mode because it didn't work the other way either.

Enable advanced gesture mode just because it wouldn't work without gesture mode.
Well, if I try to enable palm control, it just turns it back off, so we'll leave that off.

Now disconnect wifi from Spark Remote and reconnect wifi.

Try web to see that wifi is working.

Confirm my account information.

Activation failed. Server error 1002.

For a while, it would go back to the first screen and show activate again.

Go4 did successfully check the firmware versions and said they were up-to-date.

What? You want me to buy Autel instead? Is this drone Phoebe or Lucy Van Pelt?

C'mon guys. I work in software. If I'd released this kind of mess to customers, the boss, not to mention the customers, would have bit my head off.

Activate

Activate
2019-5-31
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I have seen a couple others post about the activation failed with the same server error.  Admins have simply said to contact DJI Support.
I am sure you will get that same template reply shortly
2019-5-31
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

In situations like this, I always activate android setting about wifi and mobiledata simultaneously used.
I think this is always enabled on an IOS device, but not on Android.

Just a thought..
2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It shows your profile having the drone.  I think just uninstall the DJI Go4 App and install it again.
2019-6-1
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

I found an old one I downloaded last July in my downloads folder. It got connected. I'll try the newer one again.
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend connecting your phone directly to the aircraft via wi-fi to see if there will be changes. May we know what mobile device are you using? If the problem persists, you may uninstall and re-install the application, however, you could consider using a different mobile device to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-3
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

Curiously, my phone can't find the aircraft's wifi. I saw this mentioned in another thread, but haven't tried it yet.

Once I got it set up with a very old copy of GO4, like I had to do last summer with Sylvester, the blue spark, it was pretty buggy and behaved strangely, so I let GO4 update to the latest, and seems to have settled out, except for it doesn't remember it is in FCC land and keeps  changing wan settings, taking sometimes a couple minutes to get reconnected.

I don't have another device, but I'm thinking about replacing this one after the next paycheck.
2019-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules