Osmo Action Lens Stuck right out of the box
2963 9 2019-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hollowman2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73773 ft
United States

HI everyone!! I am having trouble taking the Factory Lens off my Osmo Action Cam, it was stuck since day one I took it out of the box, am I correct that it's supposed to turn counter clockwise? I cant get it off.
any help would be appreciated

thanks!!
2019-5-31
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Yes the lens cover can be really really tight, and it have regular thread so you have to turn counterclockwise to get it off.
I was just able to get mine off with my hands, but i have seen people having to resort to pliers, which are also fine just don't clamp down hard with the pliers, and the design of the outside of the lens cover should also mean you don't need to do that.
Maybe put something in between the pliers and camera so you don't scratch the aluminum.
2019-5-31
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This is a very common issue. Five of us tried with mine and failed. We ended up wrapping thick rubber bands around the outside and then using pliars and then it suddenly "snapped" to a point where it was easy to unscrew it. In an attempt to keep the thing waterproof DJI seem to have tightened it WAY too tight.
2019-6-1
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

You could try finding something like the one in the middle:

https://www.amazon.com/MEYUEWAL- ... tiveASIN=B07G2WW21S

While I used a wide rubber band I had headed down to the kitchen to use a strap opener similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-St ... tiveASIN=B0002H338C
2019-6-1
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Mine appeared stuck out of the box but came out easily after some usage, probably due to some thermal changes.
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hollowman2. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action's filter cap can be removed by unscrew the clear lens counter clockwise that comes with the DJI Osmo Action and you can know attach one of your ND Filter lenses. You may also check this post for additional reference on how to remove the factory lens of the DJI Osmo Action ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=190425 ). If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-6-1
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

I used a rubber grip pad that you would use to take lids off jars... worked like a charm and I didn't have to run the risk of scuffing up the lens cap with a pair of pliers...
2019-6-2
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

At 3:00 ... Good luck
2019-6-2
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

The french globetrotter Posted at 6-2 07:09
At 3:00 ... Good luck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNf2qvNnu4c&t=51s

That opening shot of the video with the rubber gloves and vise pliers is TERRIFIC.  Later he ruptures his gut trying to remove the native filter!! (g)

I did manage with a wide rubber band but was heading down to the kitchen to use my jar opener device which has an adjustable rubber strap you tighten around the lid and then turn.  But first gave the wide rubber band a shot and it worked.
2019-6-2
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ff22 Posted at 6-2 07:59
That opening shot of the video with the rubber gloves and vise pliers is TERRIFIC.  Later he ruptures his gut trying to remove the native filter!! (g)

I did manage with a wide rubber band but was heading down to the kitchen to use my jar opener device which has an adjustable rubber strap you tighten around the lid and then turn.  But first gave the wide rubber band a shot and it worked.

I wait my action and I am ready to take off this lens
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules