564 7 2019-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, I've discovered a way to work around the lack of retention of the Dewarp setting in 4K60P after shutting down the camera, and turning it on again.

If you're like me, the ONLY reason I have the Osmo Action is because it does something the GoPro Hero 7 CAN'T do: Provide 4K60P footage without the "fisheye" effect.

So, here's what you do:

First, after powering on, go to Video, and select 1080P 120 fps, and turn Dewarp on.

Second, select that setting as your "Custom 1" profile.

Select "Custom 1", as if you're going to use it.

Now, select "Video" again, and select 4K60P.

Now, turn Dewarp on.

Now, go to Settings, and set "SnapShot" to "Video"

Ok...are you with me so far? Good.

Now, you must select "Custom 1" as your mode to shoot in BEFORE you shut down the camera.

After you shut down the camera, you can then start recording immediately in 4K60P with Dewarp retained, just by pressing the Record button.

Remember, however, that in order to repeat this, and have Dewarp retained when you shut down the camera, you MUST remember to select the "Custom 1" profile BEFORE you shut down the camera.

This should tide those of us who find shooting in 4K60P with dewarp on our primary method of shooting over, until the DJI engineers can finally provide a firmware update that fixes this vexing and peculiar issue.

Hope this helps.
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing these information and thank you for your support.
2019-6-1
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 08:20
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing these information and thank you for your support.

You're quite welcome.

I have confidence your engineers will get this working shortly with a firmware update.

Thank you.
2019-6-1
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Thank you for sharing.
2019-6-1
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Smart trick
2019-6-1
Use props
JP92
New

France

Thank you for the trick
2019-6-1
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JP92 Posted at 6-1 12:01
Thank you for the trick

You're welcome. I had a feeling I wasn't the only one who wanted "Rocksteady", and a linear result in 4K60P as my primary way of filming...I mean, that was reason number one to get this camera in the first place, because the distortion, even with stablization on the Hero 7 in 4K60P was and still is, unwatchable for many people, myself included.

I just kept fiddling with the settings, and voila, came up with what I hope is a very temporary solution to the inevitable firmware update that makes Dewarp with Rocksteady retainable on the Action in 4K60P after powering down, and powering on again.

Cheers.
2019-6-1
Use props
CRAIGMART75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info, I hope they fix this in the next update !!
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules