I've just completed an orthomosaic job with the drone.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope it processes great in dronedeploy.  I really want to do structures and products.  The easiest job.

I've done it with the Mavic 2 Zoom and they came out good but looking at the individual images, the quality is like Double that of the 2 Zoom.
2019-6-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats - can you post the image?
2019-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-3 05:44
Many congrats - can you post the image?

thx : )

The jobs are rolling in I think because of my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 images.  People get turned off when they know 12MP.  : (

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... nb_vTG9t7DCwRpMiWRo
2019-6-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-3 17:00
thx : )

The jobs are rolling in I think because of my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 images.  People get turned off when they know 12MP.  : (

Good work Ant
2019-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

thx    : )
2019-6-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It took only 13 minutes to fly it with DroneDeploy but 2 hours to get there and 2 hours back.
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:13
It took only 13 minutes to fly it with DroneDeploy but 2 hours to get there and 2 hours back.

Long trip then
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I had a 2:30 trip to and from with my Mavic 2 Zoom to orbit an AT&T building and take pictures of the outside and inside w/ my camera.
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:18
I had a 2:30 trip to and from with my Mavic 2 Zoom to orbit an AT&T building and take pictures of the outside and inside w/ my camera.

Good for you mate
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 01:19
Good for you mate

2 hour 30 minute*
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a long drive. I've sold the Inspire now Got a good price for it so just the M2P left and getting bored with that a tad. I may call it a day soon with so many restrictions being imposed here now. Registration, tests, £50 to fly in a park just to take pics of trees and clouds. Nah, it's getting boring.
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 01:26
Thats a long drive. I've sold the Inspire now  Got a good price for it so just the M2P left and getting bored with that a tad. I may call it a day soon with so many restrictions being imposed here now. Registration, tests, £50 to fly in a park just to take pics of trees and clouds. Nah, it's getting boring.

It's boring for me too but spicing up my portfolio, people seeing it, them selecting me to do the work is intriguing.  I don't even deplete Half of the P4P V2.0 or Mavic 2 Zoom battery when I go fly for fun.  Prob 20% used out of 100% and I leave.  Sometimes, I don't even break them out.  I use the Spark more often but the quality is just horrendous in comparison.  I might use it for indoor shots but if not it's kind of a waste to keep it.  I'm not risking the Mavic 2 or P4P V2.0 w/ indoor Active Track.  They are just too big plus the sensors will cause them to stop.
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:32
It's boring for me too but spicing up my portfolio, people seeing it, them selecting me to do the work is intriguing.

I guess the effort is worth it if $$$£££ are involved but I don't do it for cash. In fact, I may put my M2P on eBay now - get a nice new pair of shoes with the cash
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 01:33
I guess the effort is worth it if $$$£££ are involved but I don't do it for cash. In fact, I may put my M2P on eBay now - get a nice new pair of shoes with the cash

I would just keep it just in case anything pops up but if you grew out of it then probably sell it.  Did you sell all your drone collection but the M2P?

I was looking at the Inspire section and the problems they have are scary.  Seems like nothing really beats the P4P V2.0 in terms of overall versatility.
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:35
I would just keep it just in case anything pops up but if you grew out of it then probably sell it.  Did you sell all your drone collection but the M2P?

Yeah, sold up everything except the M2P but that's next.
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:35

I was looking at the Inspire section and the problems they have are scary.  Seems like nothing really beats the P4P V2.0 in terms of overall versatility.

I was lucky that mine was OK - and if it falls from the sky now it ain't my problem
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 01:39
I was lucky that mine was OK - and if it falls from the sky now it ain't my problem

What do you do now instead that is equivalent fun?
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:43
What do you do now instead that is equivalent fun?

Spend more time with my family and friends. I've wasted far too much time on what I believe is a hobby that will be banned here soon anyway. Constantly looking over my shoulder and walking through boring fields in the middle of nowhere to fly around for an hour taking my 2000th photograph of a tree, sunset, a building that I can actually walk in and properly appreciate or for the ultimate image, a cloud LMFAO
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 01:47
Spend more time with my family and friends. I've wasted far too much time on what I believe is a hobby that will be banned here soon anyway. Constantly looking over my shoulder and walking through boring fields in the middle of nowhere to fly around for an hour taking my 2000th photograph of a tree, sunset, a building that I can actually walk in and properly appreciate or for the ultimate image, a cloud LMFAO

I feel the same way about the parks.  I don't even bother using record mode.  I wouldn't even bother upgrading if it wasn't for the business but the business pretty much pays for everything.  Driving then flying to dozens of spots to take a shot and getting paid is the easiest job.
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:49
I feel the same way about the parks.  I don't even bother using record mode.  I wouldn't even bother upgrading if it wasn't for the business but the business pretty much pays for everything.

Agree - I have found myself not bothering to record and switching to Sport mode just to burn th battery quicker lol Yeah, it's time to sell up what's left and move on
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 01:52
Agree - I have found myself not bothering to record and switching to Sport mode just to burn th battery quicker lol Yeah, it's time to sell up what's left and move on

I just end up doing high flybys over areas in Sport too.  Did you ever get paid commercially before you quit?
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:54
I just end up doing high flybys over areas in Sport too.  Did you ever get paid commercially before you quit?

No - been offered but not qualified to charge and without being big headed I don't need the money. I only flew for myself.
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 01:56
No - been offered but not qualified to charge and without being big headed I don't need the money. I only flew for myself.

I passed the test w/ ease then it took a couple of months to get the actual license.
2019-6-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:57
I passed the test w/ ease then it took a couple of months to get the actual license.

You gotta write a manual here and they charge over a grand for it - I looked into the PfCO and it's a load of pretentious BS and really boring. Anyone would think it's designed for airplane pilots lol I can't be bothered with all that. easier ways of getting a free lunch The Part 107 seems far more straight forward.
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-4 02:01
You gotta write a manual here and they charge over a grand for it - I looked into the PfCO and it's a load of pretentious BS and really boring. Anyone would think it's designed for airplane pilots lol I can't be bothered with all that. easier ways of getting a free lunch  The Part 107 seems far more straight forward.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy.  I have to renew my Hazmat this year and have my DOT physical to keep my CDL-A.  I don't even truck drive anymore but I spend a couple thousand to get it.  I don't bother doing the licenses that require retest but w/ driving and drone it's ok.
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're glad to know about the drone project that you've done. May you please always have a safe flight. Cheers!
2019-6-6
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

He said the images are double that of the mavic 2 zoom I  wouldnt take it that far there now buddy....I have both and the zoom can hold it's own. Produces nice pics
2019-6-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 6-14 03:14
He said the images are double that of the mavic 2 zoom I  wouldnt take it that far there now buddy....I have both and the zoom can hold it's own. Produces nice pics

I was off by 4MP but not that off.  I've taken long range pix w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom and they were good enough too.
2019-6-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-6 15:12
Hi, we're glad to know about the drone project that you've done. May you please always have a safe flight. Cheers!

I had a lot more jobs after that one and have another today.  The reliability confidence is of utmost importance.  No hiccups is extremely important when doing commercial work.
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules