Ways to improve hd video signal from drone to controller?
760 2 2019-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shitstick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130889 ft
United States

Any way to do this? I mostly do low altitude long range flying and my video reception is always whats struggling.  I already have the dishes that slip over the antennas but i dont know if thoes help the signl get back from the drone.  I dont have any problems at all with the signal from the controller to the drone....phantom 4 advanced.
2019-6-1
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure what you mean by 'low altitude' but therein possibly lies the problem. You need to have enough height to clear obstructions to get the best possible reception.

I dont think these little dishes you attach do much. Booster kits are reputedly good or, better, you can put your remote into FCC mode if it isn't already.

Important to bear in mind that depending where you are located, many countries stipulate that you fly within line of sight, making 'long distance' flights unlawful.
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend flying the drone in an open area without any interferences for you to avoid losing signal or even image transmission. Kindly ensure that the firmware is up to date, calibrate the IMU, as well as the compass, and the GPS signal should be strong. You may refer to our video tutorial for placing the antenna correctly. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for continued support.

2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules