1565 17 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Skyreat Filters for Osmo Action for some reason I couldn’t get text and photos to load in this opening window, maybe someone from dji will fix .

See below for Review .....

2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skyreat Filters for Osmo Action

I was asked to do a small review of the new Skyreat Filters , I’m not getting paid for this review, so will try to give my 2 pence if it helps some decide or some to go elsewhere, then that’s good with me.

I also have a set of the magnetic Polar Pro Filters , so have something to compare with.

Packaging:
The set I got come in a great hardcase , with foam inserts to stop filters moving about, nice size cleaning cloth . Very similar to PP box and outside packaging .

The Build : I can only say Build is excellent both ND and CPL , they are aluminum strong build very similar to build of dji cover, CPL ring moves pretty freely and they are well marked.
Polarized filters are a lot more helpful for hand held cameras , I have found them impossible to get right with drones.
My only problem here is again no marking to show where polarizer kicks in , it would be nice to have some marking you could use to make things happen quicker.
I do like the colour of Skyreat Filters .
Below what goes into making Skyreat Filter .

Performance :
I can only say they preformed really well, lens flare was handled very well in sunny conditions, with polarizing filters greens and blues are a bit more saturated, recording in normal mode you will notice this while viewing back on OA,
I dunked both CPL and ND and there is good waterproofing so no problems there.
In the quick test I done in comparison with PP I found there was a slightly blue tint or maybe PP was slightly warmer, but the were very close in every way.
I have done some video comparison and will post later, it’s just I wanted to post review before I head off on a short holiday.

Value For Money:
This part is quite amazing , they are clearly so well designed and built and comparison needs to be made with leading brand polar pro.
Now I’m a fan of polar pro company and have and do use their filters for both cameras and drones and there build and quality are second to none, with great performance from all their filters.

Polar pro magnetic system designed to cut down on price using only 1 full twist on cap and filter attached magnetically, it is a good hold very strong but not fully waterproof, I’ve used in the rain with no problem , But dunking test showed water getting through lens cover.
Price for set of 5 filters all ND €129.00

Skyreat 3x ND 3x CPL 4/8/16 €69

One thing I can say PP offer custom package €24 for one filter, so for a little extra you can purchase filters you are going to use most.
I don’t see this option with Skyreat and it would be nice, they have plenty of different options for you to choose.

Overall for me and I’m no expert Skyreat do a really good job they are well styled and really well built, and a great price to match,and I will be using mine all of the time.

I will when I get a chance post some comparison video.
Hope this helps some.
Thank you.
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for sharing these ND filter review you have created. Great review and thank you for your support.
2019-6-2
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like the look and price of the Skyreat  Filters.
2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 10:02
I like the look and price of the Skyreat  Filters.

They’re really well built and the price is exceptional .
2019-6-2
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are the nd/pl waterproof to go 10M underwater??
2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 10:21
Are the nd/pl waterproof to go 10M underwater??

I’m not exactly sure if they will be waterproof to 10 metres as I haven’t tested, but they are waterproof so I expect they can .
2019-6-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice review Hallmark. Thanks for this.
2019-6-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent review HM007
2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 6-2 19:50
Nice review Hallmark. Thanks for this.

No problem, I’m really impressed with the quality of these filters.
2019-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 6-2 22:57
Excellent review HM007

Thank you ....
2019-6-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome - I just got a PM asking me to review their filters on the Action - shame I don't have one!
2019-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 07:38
Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for sharing these ND filter review you have created. Great review and thank you for your support.

Thank you dji Stephen .
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hallmark007 Posted at 6-4 02:39
Thank you dji Stephen .

You are very much welcome hallmark007. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-6-4
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

removed and moved
2019-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

David_Harry Posted at 6-4 23:06
Hi.

Were you asked to buy these filters and then be refunded after making a review or were you sent them for free?

I was sent them, initially when I first did review over two years ago I for filters for Mavic Pro , I went down that route through Amazon and got refunded straight away, if it’s a guy Deric your dealing with he’s sound and you will have no problems .
2019-6-4
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

removed and moved.
2019-6-5
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 11:45
I’m not exactly sure if they will be waterproof to 10 metres as I haven’t tested, but they are waterproof so I expect they can .

Don’t submerge any PL filter! You will get water inside the camera, the ring isn’t weather sealed!
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules