Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel - Speed?
2468 7 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust the speed of the wheel? Is it proportional (small scroll = slower motion)?

Thanks

2019-6-2
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Yes; It responds in proportion to how far you scroll it.
2019-6-2
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

In tilt mode ( as also without the wheel ) you do get a very nice visual indication of the 'proportional' amount you are tilting.

Unfortunately ( even with wheel ) in pan mode you get no indication at all. ( Yes I am dropping another hint DJI this would be a nice firmware addition ..... ).
2019-6-2
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks both.

I think it was a great idea for them to put a scroll wheel, as opposed to a joystick found on most gimbals, as people are realistically only going to pan or tilt in one direction, and it's very hard to do with a joystick.

Does that mean the pan speed is also proportional, even if there is no indicator on screen?
2019-6-2
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans273d858a Posted at 6-2 06:28
Thanks both.

I think it was a great idea for them to put a scroll wheel, as opposed to a joystick found on most gimbals, as people are realistically only going to pan or tilt in one direction, and it's very hard to do with a joystick.

yes it is also proportional by the same amount on the pan axis that you rotate the wheel.  Its most strange there is no visual indication though !    (  Maybe the employee that was assigned the pan visuals has been on vacation )

I find the other side benefit of the wheel is it makes the OP easier to hold.
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MKosmo Posted at 6-2 05:58
In tilt mode ( as also without the wheel ) you do get a very nice visual indication of the 'proportional' amount you are tilting.

Unfortunately ( even with wheel ) in pan mode you get no indication at all. ( Yes I am dropping another hint DJI this would be a nice firmware addition .....  ).

Hello and good day MKosmo. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. Let me please forward this information/thread to the designated DJI department. Thank you for your valued support.

2019-6-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

As many people don't know it's there, I will again mention here that the right button on the controller wheel performs a gimbal lock function while you hold it down.  This function is not available in the app and can be quite useful if you want to change the angle of the handle in any direction including pan, without the head moving.
2019-6-2
Use props
atort13mac.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-6-2 09:11
Hello and good day MKosmo. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. Let me please forward this information/thread to the designated DJI department. Thank you for your valued support.

How DJI doesn't have a way to slow down the joystick speed is beyond me.  How can such simple things be overlooked?!  That joystick is not easy to use and get smooth movements to me at all.
2021-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules