Can swapping out ND filters harm M2P gimbal motors
896 11 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parzemis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256332 ft
United Kingdom

Possibly a bit of a silly question but it would be good to put my mind at ease. When swapping out ND filters (drone off of course) I am always worried that the pressure I am putting on the gimbal is going to damage it somehow, I do hold the camera with my other hand, but it does just feel odd putting presssure on the camera like that even thought the gimbal motors are off. Would be good if anyone knows whether it is possible to damage the gimbal while swapping filters around with the drone off! Thanks in advance
2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It shouldn’t as long as you don’t put excess pressure on the gimbal, it would do no harm to do a gimbal calibration if you feel it might help .
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day parzemis. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information from the experience from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. In changing ND Filters hallmark007 is correct on applying the exact amount of pressure when replacing the ND filter of the drone so that the gimbal of the said drone won't be damaged. In addition I would recommend using the suggested ND filters for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters Set. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... t-v2&position=1

2019-6-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the drone off and applying light pressure there should be no issues at all.
2019-6-2
Use props
parzemis
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-2 10:38
With the drone off and applying light pressure there should be no issues at all.

Okay, thanks AJ I am applying as little pressure as I can, it just feels a little scary!
2019-6-3
Use props
parzemis
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 08:26
It shouldn’t as long as you don’t put excess pressure on the gimbal, it would do no harm to do a gimbal calibration if you feel it might help .

Thank you, I do use as little pressure as possible so that's good to know. Might run a gimbal calibration before I fly next time just to be sure
2019-6-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

parzemis Posted at 6-3 00:05
Okay, thanks AJ I am applying as little pressure as I can, it just feels a little scary!

I know what you mean but it's fine as long as you take your time
2019-6-3
Use props
parzemis
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 08:37
Hello and good day parzemis. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information from the experience from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. In changing ND Filters hallmark007 is correct on applying the exact amount of pressure when replacing the ND filter of the drone so that the gimbal of the said drone won't be damaged. In addition I would recommend using the suggested ND filters for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters Set. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-pro-nd-filters-set?from=search-result-v2&position=1

Thanks DJI Stephen
2019-6-3
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

parzemis Posted at 6-3 00:06
Thank you, I do use as little pressure as possible so that's good to know. Might run a gimbal calibration before I fly next time just to be sure

https://youtu.be/B8-jZNqHSPU

5:44 great technique for me!  Watch it
2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

parzemis Posted at 6-3 00:06
Thanks DJI Stephen

You are very much welcome parzemis. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-6-3
Use props
The Wiggidy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38461 ft
United States

I was afraid of the same thing. So much so that I chickened out when I went to do it.
2019-6-3
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The gimbal is fragile. Always, I turn off the drone if I need to change the filter
2019-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules