Tips for indoor/warehouse/factory flying?
2264 12 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lalegator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3459731 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

I was filming warehouses and factory facilities, and after 4 of them filmed, my mavic 2 pro suddenlly freaked out of control and crashed. i have turned off obstacle avoidance, and it was in tripod mode when crashed. All the same things that i did before in warehouses and it flew perfectly in tripod and p mode. The warehouse where m2p crashed was ”black and white”, it was full of tires and a lights from an upper small windows, so maybe it had something to do with him going crazy, as opposed of other factory facilities where i filmed before.

Any tips on settings to avoid future crashes, and maybe some toughts why he just suddenly freaked out?

2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In order to have successful indoor flight you need to be in opti mode or gps , you are also fine going between opti and gps, problems will occur going between opti and Atti mode, usually caused by 1/ Bad lighting 2/ lack of texture on floors compounded by bad lighting.

I believe your flights will be successful if you have both these things right .
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day lalegator. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and thank you for reaching out. We're sorry but we don't recommend flying the drones indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. We suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. In addition since there was a crash that happened on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-6-2
Use props
lalegator
lvl.3
  • >>>
Serbia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 10:22
In order to have successful indoor flight you need to be in opti mode or gps , you are also fine going between opti and gps, problems will occur going between opti and Atti mode, usually caused by 1/ Bad lighting 2/ lack of texture on floors compounded by bad lighting.

I believe your flights will be successful if you have both these things right .

tnx, but how to put on atti mode on mavic 2 pro
2019-6-2
Use props
lalegator
lvl.3
  • >>>
Serbia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 10:23
Hello and good day lalegator. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and thank you for reaching out. We're sorry but we don't recommend flying the drones indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. We suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. In addition since there was a crash that happened on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.

thank you, will do. Thakfully my drone  flew more mission after that (outdoors), just changed proppellers
2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lalegator Posted at 6-2 12:14
tnx, but how to put on atti mode on mavic 2 pro

It’s Atti you should be trying to avoid,  Atti is automatic on M2 .

Your Mavic works automatically through available modes.

If gps is available your craft will stay in gps mode.
If gps is not available craft will go to next available mode Opti.
If Opti is not available it will drop to Atti
2019-6-2
Use props
lalegator
lvl.3
  • >>>
Serbia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 12:40
It’s Atti you should be trying to avoid,  Atti is automatic on M2 .

Your Mavic works automatically through available modes.

aha, tnks. he was in opti mode when i lifted him.  could this switch between gps and opti cause him to go wild?
2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lalegator Posted at 6-2 12:46
aha, tnks. he was in opti mode when i lifted him.  could this switch between gps and opti cause him to go wild?

No it was more like Opti to Atti that caused it .
2019-6-2
Use props
lalegator
lvl.3
  • >>>
Serbia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 12:49
No it was more like Opti to Atti that caused it .

ok, and there is no way to disable atti mode, or just keep it on one mode for inside flying? thank you for answers, i have to fly more in the similar situations so would like to see best practices for avoiding such things
edit: unfortunately there is no way. so flying indoors will always be a risky thing with mavic 2 pro.
2019-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lalegator Posted at 6-2 13:30
ok, and there is no way to disable atti mode, or just keep it on one mode for inside flying? thank you for answers, i have to fly more in the similar situations so would like to see best practices for avoiding such things
edit: unfortunately there is no way. so flying indoors will always be a risky thing with mavic 2 pro.

No you can’t cancel it, but if you have conditions right your craft won’t go into Atti mode.
2019-6-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe because you have UUID on.  I think it opens a channel for people to log onto it.  I've disabled that on both my drones that have that feature.  Probably like how the MH370 flight got logged onto and flown somewhere with those top engineers who were going to China to give their inventions.

Maybe you flew too close to something and it went down or something like the plastic wraps flew into the props and it crashed.

Upload the flight log so we can see.
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

lalegator Posted at 6-2 12:15
thank you, will do. Thakfully my drone  flew more mission after that (outdoors), just changed proppellers

You are very much welcome lalegator. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-6-3
Use props
fansbc1cceec
New

United States

I am using a DJI Mavic pro 2. I want to take pictures inside a cathedral to take photos of their 217 stained glass windows. I want to take photographs not video. I have to go vertical at least 80 plus feet. GPS does not work. I am using the tripod setting for safety and caution. The drone refuses to higher than 20 feet or 10 meters. What type of settings are needed to go much higher in vertical?
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules