3577 13 2019-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55738 ft
Argentina

Hi all,

A month ago I went to the mountains to celebrate my mother's birthday. It was a great party!
I had been preparing this trip for a year and I wanted to make a film, but my MA does not work.
Before going to the mountains, I checked the status of my MA and everything was fine.
Something happened when I started the drone there, the DJI application showed me an update (I do not know if that is related to the main problem).

My drone has never be crashed and I flew it rarely.
The application shows that the problem is the main controller. I can not perform any IMU or Compass calibration.

Main Controller Error

Main Controller Error

Screenshot_20190602-181802.jpg
The IMU calibration not progress from the first step.

Obviously I don't have any flight log because never tooks off
Somebody experienced the same situation? I don't have any idea why this is happening.

Please HHHHHEEEELLLPPPP!
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cineasta83. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. I would recommend you restore the settings to factory defaults and flash the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the latest software here: https://www.dji.com/it-en/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Please let me know if the issue persists for us to be able to help you further. Thanks for your support.

2019-6-2
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 14:43
Hello and good day Cineasta83. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. I would recommend you restore the settings to factory defaults and flash the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the latest software here: https://www.dji.com/it-en/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Please let me know if the issue persists for us to be able to help you further. Thanks for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for your reply. I'm already did that a couple of times for the bird and controller too. Also, I made a downgrade of the DJI app and then proceeded to upgrade again but without any change. My Mavic still not working. I'm worried
2019-6-11
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

This sounds like a horrible issue man! Sorry to hear it.. Be warned, DJI will do anything to blame you for this. Whatever you do...
2019-6-20
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Argentina

SupCarlos Posted at 6-20 18:26
This sounds like a horrible issue man! Sorry to hear it.. Be warned, DJI will do anything to blame you for this. Whatever you do...

Yes, it is sad. But I don't know why this is happen. I'm so cerful with my drone, then sometimes I prefere not fly until I get the perfect weather conditions. This is my main consern, practically my drone remains like when i bought it. I never crashed it. I hope someone in this forum (if DJI doesn't) who can help me, before I send my bird aparently for a repair. But anyway if i do... my issue can back again
2019-6-21
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Send me a private message
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cineasta83 Posted at 6-21 12:03
Yes, it is sad. But I don't know why this is happen. I'm so cerful with my drone, then sometimes I prefere not fly until I get the perfect weather conditions. This is my main consern, practically my drone remains like when i bought it. I never crashed it. I hope someone in this forum (if DJI doesn't) who can help me, before I send my bird aparently for a repair. But anyway if i do... my issue can back again

Sorry for the late response. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support We'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment.
2019-6-22
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Susan Posted at 6-22 00:33
Sorry for the late response. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support We'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment.

Hi Susan,
You mean I need to send my drone to you for a diagnosis?
I live in Argentina. It's really expensive for me to send my drone to you.
Don't be worrie. When I can afford it I will try to send my drone for a repair here. DJI doesn't have any official technical service here, but I will try with a partnership located in Roosevelt 5596, Capital Federal.
I'm exposed in pay for somethig who then can be broken again without any explanation.
Maybe my error was not to used it too much because I'm scared to crash it. But you see, now my drone doesn't work anyway.
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cineasta83 Posted at 7-16 16:01
Hi Susan,
You mean I need to send my drone to you for a diagnosis?
I live in Argentina. It's really expensive for me to send my drone to you.

Thanks for your understanding. If there is any else we can help, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll keep following up.
2019-7-17
Use props
mickyrobo
New
United Kingdom

hi cineasta83 i am having the exact same problem can you tell me if you were able to get it working again i hear so many with this issue it would appear DJI is not a reliable make
2020-6-2
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Argentina

mickyrobo Posted at 6-2 09:54
hi cineasta83 i am having the exact same problem can you tell me if you were able to get it working again i hear so many with this issue it would appear DJI is not a reliable make

I had to take it to a technician and paid a fortune for the repair. He told me it was a factory problem. DJI doesn't see any viable solution. He asked me to send him the equipment. Since I live in Argentina, it was more expensive to send them the product than to buy a new one
2020-6-2
Use props
liquidsteel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-7-17 19:21
Thanks for your understanding. If there is any else we can help, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll keep following up.

Security analysts reverse-engineered a Chinese-made DJI drone app and found the ability to spy on users
https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/07/24/security-analysts-reverse-engineered-chinese-made-dji-drone-app-found-ability-spy-users/

DJI Android GO 4 application security analysis
https://www.synacktiv.com/en/publications/dji-android-go-4-application-security-analysis.html
2020-8-1
Use props
Arne230
New

Norway

That is so strange. I did the exact same thing. Took the drone to the montains and the IMU just died. Accelerometers and gyros show "disconnected". No calibration is possible obviously. Drone travelled safely in bag, no damages whatsoever. Just died from altitude (or coincidence). Reset the firmware without any improvement. Have to deliver it for repairs.
2021-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Arne230 Posted at 9-14 12:40
That is so strange. I did the exact same thing. Took the drone to the montains and the IMU just died. Accelerometers and gyros show "disconnected". No calibration is possible obviously. Drone travelled safely in bag, no damages whatsoever. Just died from altitude (or coincidence). Reset the firmware without any improvement. Have to deliver it for repairs.

Hi,vArne230.  Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check the things below first?
1. Check whether the surrounding temperature was high? More than 30℃.
2. Whether the aircraft has been turned on and waited for a long time.
3. Please check whether there is a big temperature gap before using and at the time you used it? For example,  the drone is taken out from outside into a room in Winter or taken out from a cooler room to outside in Summer.  
2021-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules