Shaky footage with RoninS and Sony a6300 with 16-50 lenses
1453 7 2019-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lifeinmotion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15220 ft
North Macedonia

Hi, I just bought a Sony A6300 with 16-50 and Ronin S.
I balanced the gimbal, the 3 axes are excellent balanced( according to the DJI Mobile App ) and the video is still shaking.

What could be the problem?

2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Calam
lvl.1

Philippines

Did you balance it correctly? I'm pretty sure with the setup you're using specially your lens everything will be wobbly and shaky because it is so lightweight.

Have you tried using heavier lens? and btw when does the shaking occur? underslung mode? flashlight mode?
2019-6-3
Use props
lifeinmotion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15220 ft
North Macedonia

DJI Calam Posted at 6-3 06:22
Did you balance it correctly? I'm pretty sure with the setup you're using specially your lens everything will be wobbly and shaky because it is so lightweight.

Have you tried using heavier lens? and btw when does the shaking occur? underslung mode? flashlight mode?

Yes. According to the DJI guide for balancing, and according to the DJI Mobile application for ronin, it is balanced correctly. I tried to put some weight, but still the same problem.

Q: Have you tried using a heavier lens?
- No
Q: When does the shaking occur?
- Every time when I move, especially when I am moving left/right
2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Calam
lvl.1

Philippines

lifeinmotion Posted at 6-3 06:43
Yes. According to the DJI guide for balancing, and according to the DJI Mobile application for ronin, it is balanced correctly. I tried to put some weight, but still the same problem.

Meh. I really don't know if you say that it is balanced correctly then what could go wrong.

Have you tried auto-tuning it on low - med - high?
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Calam
lvl.1

Philippines

lifeinmotion Posted at 6-3 06:43

Meh. I really don't know if you say that it is balanced correctly then what could go wrong.

Have you tried auto-tuning it on low - med - high?
2019-6-4
Use props
user5890a177cd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 776588 ft
United States

Have you resolved this issue?
2019-6-12
Use props
user5890a177cd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 776588 ft
United States

I Too am having this issue.  Since I purchased my Ronin the video has never been stable its shaky as if I was shooting handheld.  I have done all the calibrations, and tips I could find and nothing is helping. I am also using the focus wheel cord. I no longer have warrenty as I purchased used.  I wish someone with the same problem that has resolved the issue could help.  I don't want to go back and forth with someone that has never ran into this issue.  Using Sony S7iii with 55mm 1.8 lens
2019-6-12
Use props
fans767caf35
lvl.1
Spain

I've found the problem related to y Axis. You need to add more weigh on the z axis. So add more weight on baseplate(if u were holding bigger lens for example)
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules