664 3 2019-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I really like the Osmo Action and that the timelapse is not only restricted to 1080 but also offers 2.7k and 4k.
However, the fps is fixed at 30fps (just as on the Osmo Pocket or Mavic 2) which makes it hard to mix it with 25/50fps footage. I always shoot in 25/50fps for the higher bitrate per frame.

Please let us decide between 25 and 30fps for timelapse!

The Osmo Pocket can save jpgs (at least for 3s+ intervalls) as the Mavic 2 can do. But Osmo Action doesn't so I have to rely on the processed video.

Adding the option to save jpgs would be a big benefit!

2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SeenMavic. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. Let me please forward this information/thread to the designated DJI department. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.
2019-6-3
Use props
Fishfeet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

very VERY good point, SeenMavic!
2019-6-4
Use props
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ok it indeed can save the JPGs, just found out: in timelapse mode, swipe from the right side so the exposure options are shown (the "settings icon" on the right side is missing! in video mode, it is shown - that's why i didnt try to swipe). Then click on the video camera icon and find the "Format" option letting you choose between video only or video+jpeg. Wow hard to find!

My initial request regarding the fps being fixed to 30 stays the same. And maybe you can also add the "settings icon" to the right side just as on video mode - as there are settings hidden!
2019-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules