EIS VS ROCK STEADY INDICATOR ON OSMO ACTION.
7192 20 2019-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9c92099a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246165 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not have a ROCK STEADY indicator on my Osmo Action camera. Instead I have a EIS indicator that is highlighted in blue when turned on. I assume it does same thing as ROCK STEADY just a different name.   Has anyone else noticed the change?
2019-6-3
Use props
Vaporay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 870673 ft

If you have the latest firmware, it should display RockSteady.
2019-6-3
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yup the first update changes that.
2019-6-3
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

What the guys say, you are on the birth firmware, but a new firmware have been out since the 16 of last month.
And really with all things you should keep them updated, not only from a feature and function perspective, also security are a big issue, so keep your hardware & software updated.

Since you have not noticed this you are probably not using the camera with a phone and the mimo APP, so to update you can DL the new firmware from the product home page at sji, then unzip the file and take the "firmare".bin file and put it on a empty memory card formatted in the camera, then turn the camera on and it should automatic update to the new firmware.

https://www.dji.com/dk/osmo-action/info#downloads

2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Can you please try to update the firmware of the DJI Osmo Action for you to be able to see the Rocksteady indicator on the said action camera. Thank you.
2019-6-3
Use props
fans9c92099a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246165 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-3 12:33
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Can you please try to update the firmware of the DJI Osmo Action for you to be able to see the Rocksteady indicator on the said action camera. Thank you.

Thanks all! I thought I did the firmware update. I now have the latest firmware and I see Rock Steady.
2019-6-3
Use props
Vaporay
lvl.4

fans9c92099a Posted at 6-3 14:19
Thanks all! I thought I did the firmware update. I now have the latest firmware and I see Rock Steady.

Now walk/run around with it with RockSteady enabled on 4K 30/60 and see if you have the side to side wobble on playback.
2019-6-3
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe that is from the beta test firmware.  Did you ever update you Osmo Action?  You should be on version  01.20.00.10
2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans9c92099a Posted at 6-3 14:19

You are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concern with your DJI Osmo Pocket or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-6-4
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355482 ft
Argentina

Vaporay Posted at 6-3 16:17
Now walk/run around with it with RockSteady enabled on 4K 30/60 and see if you have the side to side wobble on playback.

Hello Vaporay

What do you mean with that.

I have just updated and now the stabilization is terrible, and also there is a delay in the image.
What should I do?
Is it a known bug?
Thank you.
Regards.
2019-6-4
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Borg Posted at 6-4 17:28
Hello Vaporay

What do you mean with that.

I don't know if the older version is different than Rocksteady but there is a delay in the screen.  Others have commented on the delay.
2019-6-4
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Argentina

ff22 Posted at 6-4 17:53
I don't know if the older version is different than Rocksteady but there is a delay in the screen.  Others have commented on the delay.

Yes, I have noticed more delay that when it was working ok.
Now the stabilization is very very poor, and have the delay.
Regards
2019-6-5
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Argentina

Vaporay Posted at 6-3 16:17
Now walk/run around with it with RockSteady enabled on 4K 30/60 and see if you have the side to side wobble on playback.

Hello Vaporay

I have noticed in another thread, that you had the same problem and they change you the cammera for a new one that works ok.

Can you describe your process for the change?

Do you think it is a hardware failure?

Thank you.

Regards.
2019-6-5
Use props
Vaporay
lvl.4
United States

Borg Posted at 6-5 07:30
Hello Vaporay

I have noticed in another thread, that you had the same problem and they change you the cammera for a new one that works ok.

I'm still in process of waiting for a shipping label from DJI for the return. I requested an exchange since others have got a newer one and didn't have the RockSteady wobble issue. It is possible an early batch may have production issues since I ordered mine on release day.
2019-6-5
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Argentina

Vaporay Posted at 6-5 17:38
I'm still in process of waiting for a shipping label from DJI for the return. I requested an exchange since others have got a newer one and didn't have the RockSteady wobble issue. It is possible an early batch may have production issues since I ordered mine on release day.

Ok, please keep us updated on that.

What do you think about this comparation?

https://youtu.be/vXj9aqsQ_2I

The EIS video is the one I shoot the first day with the stock firmware, the Rocksteady video is after upgrading the firmware.

Please, I would very apreciate your comments.

Regards.
2019-6-5
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Borg Posted at 6-5 17:54
Ok, please keep us updated on that.

I think that they are both very comparable.  I really don't see any difference.  But shooting at night probably makes it hard to judge.  

Let's hear what others think.
2019-6-5
Use props
Vaporay
lvl.4
United States

Borg Posted at 6-5 17:54
Ok, please keep us updated on that.

Looks about the same and you don't seem to have the RockSteady defect on mine which produces a wobbling effect. DJI even claims RockSteady may not work well with low light in that other thread.
2019-6-5
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Argentina

Vaporay Posted at 6-5 22:01
Looks about the same and you don't seem to have the RockSteady defect on mine which produces a wobbling effect. DJI even claims RockSteady may not work well with low light in that other thread.

But, then Rocksteady is not only a change of name, is another technollogy?  I mean, it was working great with EIS at night, and now it doesn't. Something more than the name has changed...
2019-6-6
Use props
guindoglin
New
Flight distance : 121184 ft
United States

I had the same problem right after the firmware update. Rocksteady was obviously NOT working even thought the icon was blue. Called DJI and they walked me thru downloading  the firmware again on a NEW sd card and it works awesome now.

I just got an email from DJI and they said a NEW firmware update is coming. Finally it's a know issue.
2019-6-6
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Argentina

guindoglin Posted at 6-6 08:47
I had the same problem right after the firmware update. Rocksteady was obviously NOT working even thought the icon was blue. Called DJI and they walked me thru downloading  the firmware again on a NEW sd card and it works awesome now.

I just got an email from DJI and they said a NEW firmware update is coming. Finally it's a know issue.

Wow, really good news.

Can you tell us here what was the procedure for re installing the firmware?

Thank you.
2019-6-6
Use props
Voltaire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15646 ft
Philippines

Hi,

I saw a vlog about Osmo Action and in one of his settings showed Hyperlapse. is there rally hyperlapse in the osmo action because I can only see timelapse
2019-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules