Kitty Hawk Traffic
1562 9 2019-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houdini
lvl.4

United States

Just tried out the Kitty Hawk App and noticed this neat feature. It shows drone traffic in realtime ..
Shows my location in Arizona and the DJI drones flying in other states.

Has any one used the APP?

2019-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day houdini. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. I hop that you will get the best information for our valued DJI co pilots on there experience who uses the said application. Just a friendly reminder . Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party application for  your DJI Drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Actually, there is a  possibility that this application will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said application when in use while operating or flying the said drone. In addition using 3rd party applications might cause damage or harm on your DJI Drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2019-6-3
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

It works in USA only?
2019-6-3
Use props
houdini
lvl.4

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-3 12:08
Hello and good day houdini. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. I hop that you will get the best information for our valued DJI co pilots on there experience who uses the said application. Just a friendly reminder . Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party application for  your DJI Drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Actually, there is a  possibility that this application will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said application when in use while operating or flying the said drone. In addition using 3rd party applications might cause damage or harm on your DJI Drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.

Thanks Stephen for your reply.
I actually don't use any other APP other then DJI GO4 for flying my MP.  Just thought it was a neat feature used by Kittyhawk to track locations of drones.

Have a nice day.
2019-6-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool, thanks for sharing
2019-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see.
Nope. Never used it.
2019-6-4
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one mate
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

houdini Posted at 6-3 12:20
Thanks Stephen for your reply.
I actually don't use any other APP other then DJI GO4 for flying my MP.  Just thought it was a neat feature used by Kittyhawk to track locations of drones.

You are very much welcome houdini. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-4
Use props
James 0522
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191493 ft
United States

I use Kittyhawk before every flight. You can check for any airspace restrictions where you are flying, and you can even request LAANC clearance. The app gives you the weather at your location and even gives yo wind speed by height up to 3000 ft. Very handy.
2019-8-18
Use props
Dietmar Neidhardt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80610 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-4 11:36
You are very much welcome houdini. Have a safe and happy flying always.

HI DJI STEPHEN, it is about time that DJI gets their act together. It is ridiculous to get LAANC / FAA approval for your flight via KittyHawk, and then having to go to DJI's Unlocking/Self-Unlocking website to be able to fly in that very restricted zone, for which you have already FAA clearance. And all that while being connected to KittyHawk, via the DJI Status "Running", syncing flight. Is the FAA clearance not good enough for you? In todays world it should be a straight forward linking to accept the FAA approval via KettyHawk and clearing the drone for take off. In my opinion it is even safer as KH keeps a flight record of all data.
BTW, same applies to AIRMAP. I have tried both systems w/o success.
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules