590 8 2019-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liketofly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315561 ft
Austria

Hi,

I might need to store my M2P for a while, and would like to know whats the best way to keep the batteries from dying and for how long you can store them without battery degredation?
2019-6-4
Use props
parzemis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256332 ft
United Kingdom

The best way to store them is discharged but you need not really worry about it as after 10 days of not being used they will automatically discharge. As far as how long you should store them without using them I am not really sure but I have read the most ideal is to cycle them at least once a month if possible
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day liketofly. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I will be posting a link where in you can find ways on how to store and how to maintain your DJI drones. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum
2019-6-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I think the rule of thumb is to not store them fully charged and if not going to be used for longer then 3 months to take them out around month 2 charge up a little and put away again
2019-6-4
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just send it to me, I'll take really good care of it and will fly it regularly to keep it in tune.
2019-6-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 6-4 17:09
Just send it to me, I'll take really good care of it and will fly it regularly to keep it in tune.

I was thinking the same thing
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-4 09:19
I think the rule of thumb is to not store them fully charged and if not going to be used for longer then 3 months to take them out around month 2 charge up a little and put away again

yeah, but it's not like the endurance matters when you lose your drone well before that ever becomes an issue like you have
2019-6-4
Use props
liketofly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315561 ft
Austria

Thanks for the tips and links,

@FatherXmas & @Woe

If you get to Vienna/Austria, pre-announced - and I can make room in my overcrowded schedule we can go out for a maintenance flight

regards
Liketofly
2019-6-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They have a built in discharge function, so I actually don't worry about the batteries.
The only thing I do make sure is they won't get too cold or hot
2019-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules