Spark Battery BEST practice?
784 8 2019-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juan_Cho
lvl.1

Colombia

What would you guys recommend for the SPARK Batteries? After flight should they be recharged and put away? or left at 20% - 30% and put away? I have been using lipo batteries for a few years in my RC hobby carreer, and have learned that "lipos" should be set to "storage" mode (3.76V per cel) when not in use, and fully cycled once every month, among other recommendations... So I would say, leave it at around 30% when not in use, and charge pre-flight would be that "BEST" practie, correct? (Q1) I´m someone who likes to be scouty ("be prepared!")  and have been charging them after every flight thus being always ready to fly, as they are "intelligent" batteries and will discharge after a few days of being idle.. am I doing wrong? (Q2) and lastly, how can I cylce the batteries? (charge, discharge, storage), should I get a cable for my lipo charger and use it, instead of the 3 battery charger that comes with my spark!? (which only charges but not cycles...)  Thanx again!! and Buen Viento!
2019-6-4
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Well, I don't leave them unused very long.
2019-6-4
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

My practice is to charge them fully after use.  They will auto discharge to the best storage level after 10 days (about 55%), if you do not push the test button (which reset the 10 day timer).  If I don't fly for 30 days then I recharge them and the cycle starts over.
This thread may also be useful: https://forum.dji.com/thread-177796-1-1.html

2019-6-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I re-charge, after flying, up to 50-70%.
(2 steady, one blinking LED)
And refill just before I wanna fly for sure.
2019-6-4
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi Juan,

Seven had already the correct procedure. They are LiPo batteries, so discharging them before recharging is only going to hurt them.
After flight, let the batteries cool down, then charge them in the charging station. Should you not use a battery in 10 days, it will begin to reduce its charge to 50% automatically.
Make sure to top off the batteries before going out to fly.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-6-5
Use props
Juan_Cho
lvl.1

Colombia

MccloudSpark Posted at 6-4 16:24
My practice is to charge them fully after use.  They will auto discharge to the best storage level after 10 days (about 55%), if you do not push the test button (which reset the 10 day timer).  If I don't fly for 30 days then I recharge them and the cycle starts over.
This thread may also be useful: https://forum.dji.com/thread-177796-1-1.html

Awesome, thanks!
2019-6-5
Use props
Juan_Cho
lvl.1

Colombia

Thank you guys for all the help! these forums are really insightful!! will keep on sparking!! (if that's even a verb!) lol
2019-6-5
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recharge to 50% then put them away unless I intend to fly within the next few days then I'll fully recharge them to 100% (after they've cooled down)
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Juan_Cho. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I will be posting a link where in you can check recommendations and best practices on how to take good care of your DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum
2019-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules