Warning! Inspire 2 major pain true story Must Read!
1356 12 2019-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac9278ef
lvl.1
United States

updated:  June 6th Thursday.  11:55am I called and talked to a very nice DJI lady.  She looked up my email and assigned me a case #.  She told me to  wait for the UPS prepaid label in about 2 business days ouch and send back the batteries first before DJI can send me back the replacement batteries.  Well, I'll be leaving before the replacement come.  Sad very sad. No email followup reply or phone call from DJI.  I was just lucky to call today and got someone to help me. Imagine waiting for the email reply.   fingers crossed.

My first post and I would like to vent my frustration.   Let me make this quick and through as possible.  

I'm leaving for a drone business next week June 10th (my flight date changed).  I ordered an Inspire 2 from a reputatble merchant.  I recieved it on May 31th, opened the sealed box, and charged up the batteries and the whole world came down on my, the charging hub would not charge the batteries that came with the drone! DOA batteries!

-I spent the whole day calling DJI support, first I told the blinking green lights that go around in a circle was "normal", I waited over 90 minutes and the batteries were still not charged.  

-2nd call I was told to send back the drone to dealer.  

-3rd call I told to buy batteries from Best Buy and return the old ones (I might had misunderstood DJI support)???  

-Finally I called dealer, they said it was the last stock and that DJI should be the one to take care of me because it was "under warranty".  

-I called DJI back and I was told to send the drone back to dealer.  I called dealer and was told drones are non returnable.

-I called DJI back but I got cut off bad cellphone connection

after all of those back and forth calls to dealer and DJI, and waiting and waiting to talk.  Well, I finally broke down and cried!  I have never ever in my grown up life experince such a BAD and horrible PRODUCT AND SERVICE such as DJI.  Honestly and seriously I did cry my ass off.  It's one expensive drone without a camera!  (I ordered a camera and it's on its way)

-I emailed DJI customer support telling them what happened.  

-10pm on friday night I called the dealer and begged and on my knees and prayed to God for the dealer to take this horrible Inspire 2 drone back.  God answered and the dealer customer service rep told me to send it back under one condition I had to pay for shipping.  The funny thing is that he said he had never experienced such a horrible manufacture dealing with a consumer like me before.  100% agreed on this!

-Saturday morning I packed and shipped the damn drone back to the dealer paying $58 out from my own pocket.
-checked my email and there it was DJI customer support from "Alec" with "Your request(#2153947)has been updated, please reply the email below".  I didn't even care to read the email.  Out of my frustation I wrote back to Alec saying this, "I had sent back the drone to the merchant.  It costed me 58$ out from my  own pocket.  I called DJI customer support in US and was told to sent  back to the seller. I called seller and the seller said to send to you  DJI.  Spent 2 days calling seller and finally seller agreed to take back  drone.  I got frustrated and sent it back to the seller costing me  $58.  Now I have nothing.  I will never buy another DJI product again."

June 1st Saturday afternoon.  Life was good without that stupid drone around my neck.    drank 2 bottles of beer and looked at my emails.  I had this image of the Inspire 2 drone smiling at me and wanting me to take it back.  well, there it was Alec's email opened and I took the time to read the whole email.  He told me that he would send me replacement batteries and make sure someone was home to recieve them!  Too late!  I couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about the "Inspire 2".  

June 2nd Sunday the whole day was a mess.  I couldn't eat the whole day from thinking about my "beloved Inspire 2".   I wrote Alec back and told him I will give DJI another try and that Monday I would go and retrive the drone back from UPS.  I sent him the photos and serials and purchase invoice.

June 3rd it took me 4 calls to UPS and 3 calls and 2 visits to the UPS store trying to get the drone back.  I even drove to the UPS sorting facility!

June 4th Tuesday I got my Inspire 2 back.  I opened it up, took the drone out and gave it a big rub on the head and a hug, and one kiss on the nose!  Really I did.
Now I'm just waiting and waiting for Alec or whoever to responds.  I'm waiting for batteries to register and give it a name and make sure this thing flies properly.  When I get overseas I will buy more batteries.  What should I name it?  "Inspire me", "uninspire"  ?   LOL

inspire 2

inspire 2
2019-6-4
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Erm .... glad you're happy now ...

I know an I2 is s considerable investment. I too wouldnt have been happy if I had received a non-functioning unit but sometimes it's good to just take a step back and give People time to find a solution.

If I understand correctly it took 5 days to do so. That is not bad.

I hope you have many a happy flight. - Lovely drone.

Ps. Whilst 5 days is not a long time for a hobbyist if the drone is your business that could of course mean $1000's potentially lost if you have a job at that time. - A care plan offering an immediate replacement may be a good idea as are extra batteries and rotors which fall under 'wear & tear'. None of this would likely  have changed much in your case but worth considering in the future.

Just sayin'.
2019-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, your concern has been escalated to the higher-level team to better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you of the further resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-6-5
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Wow, I am thinking of investing in one but after your story man, I am holding off and see.
2019-6-5
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The whole story doesn't make much sense to me ... You opened the box, supposedly read the Get Started section of manual, attempt to charge batteries ... and it wasn't working ... You didn't call the dealer with obvious "WTF?" question and start crying hysterically instead ? You know that you can return this product within 7 days for whatever reason, right?
2019-6-5
Use props
Inspire2me
lvl.1
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-5 10:50
The whole story doesn't make much sense to me ... You opened the box, supposedly read the Get Started section of manual, attempt to charge batteries ... and it wasn't working ... You didn't call the dealer with obvious "WTF?" question and start crying hysterically instead ? You know that you can return this product within 7 days for whatever reason, right?

I apologiz if my story doesn't make since to you.  Maybe you haven't been through with what many of us hadbeen through.  You must be the luckiest Inspire 2 owner.  Congrats!
2019-6-5
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 6-5 07:47
Wow, I am thinking of investing in one but after your story man, I am holding off and see.

Because one out of several thousands has had a bad experience with this HQ drone it doesn't mean that you will have the same experince. Remember that most of the posts on forums like this one is about peaople having some kind of issue. Second to none posts is about if the first charge of batteries went well etc.
If You have decided to invest your hard earned money in a drone I can give You my warmest recommendations to the DJI Inspire 2. Thats for sure.
2019-6-5
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-5 04:43
Hi there, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, your concern has been escalated to the higher-level team to better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you of the further resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.

Why?

I agree with Farmer Mac's comment.
2019-6-5
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

FarmerMac Posted at 6-5 23:23
Because one out of several thousands has had a bad experience with this HQ drone it doesn't mean that you will have the same experince. Remember that most of the posts on forums like this one is about peaople having some kind of issue. Second to none posts is about if the first charge of batteries went well etc.
If You have decided to invest your hard earned money in a drone I can give You my warmest recommendations to the DJI Inspire 2. Thats for sure.

I know, I just like to weight the facts and I know some people exaggerate the issues too
2019-6-6
Use props
Inspire2me
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-5 04:43

Hi Mindy, I'm still waiting for a reply.  Today's Thursday.  Is there a way that I can message you so I can send you my serials of ac and batteries?  Otherwise I might have to drive out of state to get batteries and register my Inspire 2 because I have no choice.  Thankyou.
2019-6-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

What camera are you putting on the i2?
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad all ended well for you - that too would anger me to say the least but all is well that ends well.
2019-6-13
Use props
MattMo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1226608 ft
France

So let me get this straight, you land a big job and buy the drone 3 days before leaving for this job ? Is this the level of professionalism you are selling ? Because let me tell you right now that you might go very far in this business.
Showing up to a job with brand new equipment has me running for the woods, and that’s hoping you’ve flown an I2 before.
All your gear should be thoroughly tested before a job, flown and adjusted accordingly. Not purchased 3 days before. Unbelievable.
Your databases up to date, your SSD’s formatted, your batteries charged and checked, spare props, etc etc.
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules