123Next >
10163 101 2019-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Dear DJI please address this issue.  You know it is there but have yet to fix it in close to a year.  Many would like to use Waypoint missions for video but the resulting footage with curve turns is next to unusable.

How come no other DJI drone has this issue yet one of your newest and most advanced does?

Do you care?

What are you doing to fix it?

Can it be fixed or are we stuck with a lemon?

2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey guys, thank you for your attention and discussion about the waypoint. It will be optimized in the next firmware.
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask if you only experience the Jerky issue when using Waypoints? or even a normal flight? Also, can you please send us a short video showing the error for us to further help you with this concern. You may consider trying to sync all your flight records then uninstall and reinstall the app to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.
2019-6-6
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ya, the waypoint turns are not smooth, it stops then turns.  It shouldn't ever stop.  At each waypoint the ac refocuses on the poi, then continues.  It should never need to do that and it causes some bumpy video.  Litchi does this much better.
2019-6-6
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

The issue has alread been analyzed and documented here in detail weeks ago.

In polyline mode the drone make a full stop at each WP, but unfortunately arc mode ist about the same. I did show this aleady even with flight logs.
So no one should wonder if there is a problem. Check out for the post on this - easy to find in this forum - need a link?
2019-6-6
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-6 08:54
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask if you only experience the Jerky issue when using Waypoints? or even a normal flight? Also, can you please send us a short video showing the error for us to further help you with this concern. You may consider trying to sync all your flight records then uninstall and reinstall the app to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.

Gamora,

Not going to waste my time on showing an issue DJI is well aware of.  Litchi even paid DJI to look into fixing this so that their customers would quit complaining.  

How about answering the questions instead of try to weasel out!
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

parkgt214 Posted at 6-6 17:15
Gamora,

Not going to waste my time on showing an issue DJI is well aware of.  Litchi even paid DJI to look into fixing this so that their customers would quit complaining.  

Hi and good day Parkgt214, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that it caused. I understand your frustration and this is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Our aim and only goal here is to make sure we can provide you the best available resolution for your concern. What I can do for you, is forward this thread directly to our related team to check options for this specific issue. Also, I'm still hoping that  you can still provide the  firmware, android/ios, app version, type of mobile device and short sample footage of the issue so that it will be easier for our designated team to investigate the main problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.
2019-6-7
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-7 11:22
Hi and good day Parkgt214, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that it caused. I understand your frustration and this is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Our aim and only goal here is to make sure we can provide you the best available resolution for your concern. What I can do for you, is forward this thread directly to our related team to check options for this specific issue. Also, I'm still hoping that  you can still provide the  firmware, android/ios, app version, type of mobile device and short sample footage of the issue so that it will be easier for our designated team to investigate the main problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.

Paladin,

Thanks for the reply, but as stated above I am not going to waste my time showing an issue that DJI is already well aware of.

Even flying with DJI's own Waypoint mode this is very obvious and across both Android and and iOS.

Why is that the Mavic 2 seems to be the only DJI model with this defect?

Can DJI not fix it?

Or does DJI just not care enough to deploy the resources to make this fly correctly?

What is Pro about jerky footage?
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

parkgt214 Posted at 6-9 05:57
Paladin,

Thanks for the reply, but as stated above I am not going to waste my time showing an issue that DJI is already well aware of.

Sorry for the late response. This thread has already been forwarded to our designated team and I will give you feedback as soon as I receive an update from them. May I know if you tried Have you tried to decrease the speed of your aircraft and set POI in curve? Thank you.
2019-6-10
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2376352 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 08:41
Sorry for the late response. This thread has already been forwarded to our designated team and I will give you feedback as soon as I receive an update from them. May I know if you tried Have you tried to decrease the speed of your aircraft and set POI in curve? Thank you.

Hi There Please see My Post on MavicPilots Forums-
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -aways-jerky.67536/
Here is a Repeat of that Thread Header...
Can Someone Figure out Why Mavic 2 'Waypoint' PANS are AWAYS JERKY???
This happens in Litchi and Waypoints 2.0.
> This Jerky Unnatural Panning Behavior - ...
… and it ONLY seems like it happens on MAVIC 2.  (Pro and Zoom)

The footage Unusable - It seems like its Panning in steps !

The same plan (Session) with Litchi Works fine on M1P (in fact Beautifully)
… DJIgo4 shows a smilar issue - … when Panning whilst moving - or interpolating from one heading to another (in Waypoints)

Anyone have a Clue ?

See my Latest Nightflight Vid of Today (Would be awesome except for the Pans)
See YOUTUBE LINK  

Please PLEASE sort this out- also follow the comments of experienced Pilots - who have been disappointed in this FLAW.

Note Waypoints 2.0 and LITCHI - React the same Way - for Interpolation of the Camera View in the PAN - … YET in Manual Mode - there is no such Problem.

Regards
Rob
======================

(OH - and whats with the 'LVL 2' Standing on my Name - when Iv flown Well Over a Million feet (including Litchi) - whereas a THREE 2nd Officer's   - and the Super Moderator  have flown less than HALF of what  I have ?????
Maybe you can make some sense to yr (levels of Hierarchy?)

2019-6-12
Use props
Stryker03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206345 ft

United States

I  also noticed this, after a year you do think that DJI would have addressed this
2019-6-13
Use props
NGaDronePilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607815 ft
United States

This is undoubtedly a flaw in the Mavic 2 firmware. How do I know this? One, it exists in both LITCHI and Waypoints 2.0. Two, it did not exist with the original Mavic Pro using LITCHI.

DJI, please pay attention to this issue. If you're using Waypoints 2.0 and panning the camera between waypoints -- IT IS NOT SMOOTH. The result is unprofessional, choppy, very amateurish looking video that is unbecoming of a drone of this quality.

Why is it taking so long to resolve the issue?
2019-6-17
Use props
NGaDronePilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607815 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 08:41

DJI Paladin,

Please understand that this is not an issue with Waypoints 2.0. Rather, it's an issue with the Mavic 2 firmware. Neither Waypoints 2.0 nor LITCHI are able to smoothly pan the camera from waypoint to waypoint. Rather, the camera moves in very noticeable, choppy steps. This issue is very well documented on Youtube and various drone pilot forums. Also, it was introduced with Mavic 2. The original Mavic Pro did not have this problem in Waypoint mode in LITCHI.
2019-6-17
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

I heard back from an e-mail to a wheel at US DJI:

His response was:

"I’m sorry it’s been such a hard time to get your message heard. I’ve confirmed that this issue has in fact been reported, and it’s in development for a fix. I can’t tell you when that will happen, but it’s in process. So hang in there. Thank you for your patience."

I will take that at face value for now and hope.
2019-6-17
Use props
fansb3675e68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1256864 ft
United States

I just got a Mavic 2 Pro  with smart controller and tried the waypoints.  The video seems to be jerky even when the bird is not making a turn.   Not sure if there are any settings that help or make the video smoother.  Trying to figure this out while I still have time to return it.
2019-6-21
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

If you need smooth video using waypoints the M2 is not the right bird.  DJI released a defective product that they have not fixed in ten months and might not ever fix.
2019-6-22
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

DJI customer support is next to useless much of the time.  They keep writing me asking for images of what "version" I am running.  Since this defect has existed since day one, the version I am running will not help them solve the issue.

Rather than working to solve it they try putting more burden on the customer.

Shame on you DJI!
2019-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 6-23 11:42
DJI customer support is next to useless much of the time.  They keep writing me asking for images of what "version" I am running.  Since this defect has existed since day one, the version I am running will not help them solve the issue.

Rather than working to solve it they try putting more burden on the customer.

I’m not sure that’s the case, it’s pretty normal when users are having problems with something , they post some of this footage so others can compare so moderators can pass on the footage to dji engineers.

It’s like saying to the doctor you have a pain , but your not going to tell him where it is.
If the footage is as bad as you say for you, post it and let others compare and also post their footage even to see if there is a consistency and a clear pattern .

I don’t think they’re putting the burden on you, I for one would like to see your footage particularly using Litchi , I have been having some problems using Litchi , but the problems are slight and not there all the time, I have been in touch with Litchi who tell me they’re continually improving their system. I have also asked the question of Litchi is it safe to fly Litchi with Mavic 2 , and they have assured me its-quite safe .

I also believe that many members here would also like to see examples of what you call completely unusable, just so they can compare, you are clearly driving this and your quite right to do so, so maybe example you post some footage here .
2019-6-23
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Hallmark,

Your analogy with the doctor is not valid.  The doctor cannot recreate my pain for himself to see or feel the effect.   DJI can easily recreate this problem on any firmware version they want.  If they cared they would.  

It would be nice if Litchi could solve this problem  but I don't think they can eliminate it.  I was in contact with them early on before Waypoints 2.0 came out and they blamed DJI, and said they even paid a fee to have DJI address the issue.  They were proved to be correct when DJI released WP 2.0.

Anything less than smooth panning while flying WPs is not acceptable from technology at this "Pro" level.   

In case you haven't seen a smooth waypoint flight with transitions in yaw and pitch in 3 dimensions here is a three and a half year old flight that demonstrates what is possible in WP missions.

2019-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 6-23 14:41
Hallmark,

Your analogy with the doctor is not valid.  The doctor cannot recreate my pain for himself to see or feel the effect.   DJI can easily recreate this problem on any firmware version they want.  If they cared they would.  

Again your missing the point , this is not about whatever program was there 3 years ago or about someone who can program a waypoint flight to show how good HE is a programming a waypoint flight.

I have other craft that I fly using Litchi and I can tell you without any exaggeration that since I first flew Litchi missions I have learned so much of how to use Litchi correctly and the improvements that with some refinement and thought have greatly improved these flights. So comparing a flight from a different program not knowing the level of experience of the user is no way to make a comparison.
It would be just as easy to see a badly waypoint flight from 3 years ago.

To try to get dji to improve their waypoints , then simply showing the faults of their waypoints system is a much better and telling way to show the system up for what you believe it to be, I’m not sure why you would go to the bother of showing others videos but won’t show your own, there is something ironic about that.

I have only tried dji waypoints twice once a short Test which looked fine, then a more complex flight where I could see some jerky footage, it wasn’t a complete disaster , but I could see for some it may not be ideal.
I always use Litchi and will continue to, and I have to say it’s quite useable with mavic2 , Litchi is not perfect by any means with all dji craft and they are continually pushing updates with bug fixes, so when you see buttery smooth footage from old or new Litchi flights, give some credence to the pilots who program and fly these missions, because for everyone you see with good or great footage there are 10 with useless footage .

If I get a chance over the next 10 days or so I will program a mission with dji WP and post it .
2019-6-23
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Please show me a M2 WP mission with multiple transitions in pitch and yaw unstabilized that looks as good as the one I posted from any skill level with Litchi or WP 2.0 that is as smooth.  I have been planning and flying WP missions for five years on with multiple programs and apps on several platforms; so I am not a rookie in knowing how to set up missions and in knowing what a well flown one looks like.

When reviewing my M2P footage I found that I have never saved a WP mission after seeing how bad it was.  When my hands are steady I have gotten some nice footage from M2P and really like it.  Just wish DJI would finish their job.
2019-6-23
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467946 ft
Austria

I think I know the setup to get the worst results using Litchi:
simple „railcam“ setup using 2 Waypoints, heading: manual and cruising speed a 0.
Start the Mission and try to yaw while pushing the other stick to move. It‘s like you have the exp settings set to 1. and I think that this is the reason why it gets jerky in complete autonomous flights.
2019-6-24
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

Again- back on topic:

No one in their right mind would proclaim that 9 months of a significant bug that affects their best selling product is an acceptable situation. The bug affects waypoints not just in GO4 but also in Litchi- it is a DJI issue.
The Litchi developer even paid DJI money to get them to prioritize fixing the bug, and DJI spurned him after he paid hem the money.
2019-6-25
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

4 firmware updates and 9 months later the problem is still there. That’s totally ridiculous.
2019-6-25
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

DJI any update on when this defect will be corrected?
2019-7-1
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

I think the Mavic 2 has 2 issues regarding the Waypoint function.

1. The App itself is buggy, regarding the drone movement. Comparing it with Litchi, Waypoint 2.0 is simply not working
2. The API function controlling the gimbal has bugs, affecting both WP2.0 and Litchi

sorry, but how can I get rid of this attachement below??
dji_codec.JPG
2019-7-2
Use props
BobDoLe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 763094 ft
United States

oh man this still isnt fixed???is there a way to avoid this issue or at least minimize it during waypoint missions?
2019-7-6
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

BobDoLe Posted at 7-6 18:45
oh man this still isnt fixed???is there a way to avoid this issue or at least minimize it during waypoint missions?

No DJI still hasn't fixed their defective M2.  Seems it is the only DJI bird with the problem.

Avoiding panning shots seems to be the only way not to see it.  Some use stabilizers in post to iron out some of the jerkiness.  We should not have to do that.  Other birds like the P4P offer very smooth footage.
2019-7-6
Use props
S t e f a n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

How nice DJI keeps silent for months and plays stupid. They can do it in perfection.

Anyway, I am very disappointed and find the behaviour unprofessional.
Maybe there is no solution? But showing decency and informing the customers would be the least.

My money had no bugs and was 100% in order with the payment.
How would DJI have reacted if it was only 80% flawless?
2019-7-11
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

S t e f a n Posted at 7-11 08:21
How nice DJI keeps silent for months and plays stupid. They can do it in perfection.

Anyway, I am very disappointed and find the behaviour unprofessional.

My experience with DJI support so far has been terrible.

The pretend they don't know about it.  Say they can't reproduce the defect. Want you to sent video, when they already have been sent plenty.

DJI either doesn't care that the M2 is defective or they can not or will not fix it.

2019-7-12
Use props
George Miller
New

United States

Smallmark007 Posted at 7-12 14:57
Hopefully this can answer your issue:

(1) The Litchi developer has been told the problem can’t be fixed

It’s disgusting. I confirmed the same with the Litchi developer.
2019-7-12
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

Smallmark007 Posted at 7-12 14:57
Hopefully this can answer your issue:

(1) The Litchi developer has been told the problem can’t be fixed

Interesting, Adam's reply to me on 6/17/19 was different;  "I’ve confirmed that this issue has in fact been reported, and it’s in development for a fix. I can’t tell you when that will happen, but it’s in process. So hang in there. Thank you for your patience."

So either things have changed or he too is blowing smoke.
2019-7-12
Use props
S t e f a n
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

What's the next step here?
Do I have to buy an old P4P again?
Will the support ever wake up from a deep sleep? Otherwise the management could cancel the support and themselves and save the money.
It's so completely pointless.
2019-7-14
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Those DJI Staff standard answers are ridiculous... anyone believe their "designated team is going to  investigate the problem"??
2019-7-15
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks like I'm going to have to dig out my Inspire 1. DJI, please give us an update on this.
2019-7-15
Use props
S t e f a n
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI When is plain text spoken and openly communicated? Why do you ignore your customers?

I want to be able to look in the mirror early in the morning!
Can you say that about yourself?

In Germany this is called asocial.
2019-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

S t e f a n Posted at 7-16 13:01
@DJI When is plain text spoken and openly communicated? Why do you ignore your customers?

I want to be able to look in the mirror early in the morning!

All shot using M2P, some excellent footage using Litchi
2019-7-16
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wow, great use of waypoints!!!
2019-7-16
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-16 13:43
All shot using M2P, some excellent footage using Litchi Waypoints.

https://youtu.be/D2HpUQn3SFw

Nice footage, how does this relate to the Jerky panning motion?
2019-7-16
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-16 13:43
All shot using M2P, some excellent footage using Litchi Waypoints.

https://youtu.be/D2HpUQn3SFw

Nice footage, how does this relate to the Jerky panning motion?
2019-7-16
Use props
S t e f a n
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

@hallmark007 Can you please remove your post? (Could you have and should have flown manually)  
This thread is about waypoints with POI, e.g. for such maneuvers. This is no longer possible with the M2P! Not with Litchi, not with DJI Go. It is simply not possible because of bugs in the M2P.
Time 2:33:

@Dude: So far not much comes from you either. Is that a DJI employee account for distraction?
Otherwise one cannot explain the behavior.
2019-7-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules