Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Jerky Waypoint footage? Fixed
1234Next >
4768 120 2019-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S t e f a n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3497726 ft
Germany

@hallmark007 Can you please remove your post? (Could you have and should have flown manually)  
This thread is about waypoints with POI, e.g. for such maneuvers. This is no longer possible with the M2P! Not with Litchi, not with DJI Go. It is simply not possible because of bugs in the M2P.
Time 2:33:

@Dude: So far not much comes from you either. Is that a DJI employee account for distraction?
Otherwise one cannot explain the behavior.
2019-7-16
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-16 13:43
All shot using M2P, some excellent footage using Litchi Waypoints.

https://youtu.be/D2HpUQn3SFw

False. This was not done with waypoints. At all. All manual control. Stop trying to make your fake excuses.
2019-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5942287 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

S t e f a n Posted at 7-16 21:31
@hallmark007 Can you please remove your post? (Could you have and should have flown manually)  
This thread is about waypoints with POI, e.g. for such maneuvers. This is no longer possible with the M2P! Not with Litchi, not with DJI Go. It is simply not possible because of bugs in the M2P.
Time 2:33:

Hey Stefan , it’s a great video, but 99.9% of this video can be flown with Active track POI and straight general flying . This video is way more about the scenery than any flying .
2019-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Smallmark007 Posted at 7-16 21:58
False. This was not done with waypoints. At all. All manual control. Stop trying to make your fake excuses.

How would you know Dave Bender you don’t own a drone .....
2019-7-16
Use props
S t e f a n
Second Officer
Germany

This topic is not about Active Track POI.

Active Track is not a replacement and too unreliable in recognition. In twilight or fog no Active Track works! Also you cannot enter defined values or repetitions.

Can we now please go back to the problem wp poi. Thanks
2019-7-17
Use props
Stryker03
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206345 ft

United States

Nice video  Stefan
2019-7-17
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-16 23:33
How would you know Dave Bender you don’t own a drone .....
Stop trying to hijack this thread with your irrelevant posts, David Walker. (Hallmark/HighKing/Celtic Warrior).
But yes, I do have a M2P. Now go back to your denialism in other threads, Shill.

Jerky waypoints is a flaw in the M2 series. Plain and simple. And DJI hasn’t fixed it in almost a year. Which is totally unacceptable.
2019-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Smallmark007 Posted at 7-17 04:11
Stop trying to hijack this thread with your irrelevant posts, David Walker. (Hallmark/HighKing/Celtic Warrior).
But yes, I do have a M2P. Now go back to your denialism in other threads, Shill.

You don’t have any dji drones, you don’t have any YT Chanel with 25,000 subs, you don’t have 30,000 miles of flight time, all above you told us you had , but your a fake with more than 25 accounts , your a nasty piece of rubbish and you add nothing around here only continually trying to cause trouble , you’ve been BANNED FOR LIFE more than 20 times , level 1 with 4 comments and you seem to know everything about everyone , your an idiot full stop .............
2019-7-17
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-17 06:31
You don’t have any dji drones, you don’t have any YT Chanel with 25,000 subs, you don’t have 30,000 miles of flight time, all above you told us you had , but your a fake with more than 25 accounts , your a nasty piece of rubbish and you add nothing around here only continually trying to cause trouble , you’ve been BANNED FOR LIFE more than 20 times , level 1 with 4 comments and you seem to know everything about everyone , your an idiot full stop .............
There the sh1tcu-nt buggers again! Spouting nonsense. Of course I have an M2P. Just because you hijack the thread under one of your multiple accounts and spout off nonsense doesn’t make it so.
You are a bigger Shill than humanly possible!

Again, not only is the video you posted irrelevant, it wasn’t even using Litchi or waypoints for that matter! That’s the real point here. You proved yourself for the millionth time to be posting irrelevant nonsense.

Go back to your failing tiny jewelry shop and leave this for the big boys who don’t claim that cellular towers broadcast GPS signals and other such nonsense you spout.
2019-7-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-17 06:31

The fellow was right. I contacted the person who posted that video- “DirtyBird”. He did not use Litchi or Waypoints at all. Your posts have nothing to do with the flaw which DJI isn’t fixing. DJI even acknowledged the problem through their spokesperson- they just aren’t fixing it- take your nonsense elsewhere and stop trying to cover up for the company otherwise you will get burned like that guy did to you above.
2019-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DuneBuggy Posted at 7-17 09:22
The fellow was right. I contacted the person who posted that video- “DirtyBird”. He did not use Litchi or Waypoints at all. Your posts have nothing to do with the flaw which DJI isn’t fixing. DJI even acknowledged the problem through their spokesperson- they just aren’t fixing it- take your nonsense elsewhere and stop trying to cover up for the company otherwise you will get burned like that guy did to you above.

For all who want to know Dunebuggy smallmark are the same person, he’s a stalker most hated idiot around here maybe he’ll now show us his YT account cmon Dave Bender .
I think it’s time I stopped feeding the troll LMAO . BENDER YOUR AN IDIOT .
2019-7-17
Use props
S t e f a n
Second Officer
Germany

@hallmark77 Are you on DJI's payroll?
Or why do you try to distract from your own problem?

@All
I have probably found a solution. The complete logic is calculated by the smartphone and constantly sent to the M2P as stick motion. No waypoint missions are loaded into the M2P anymore. For the drone it is like a manual flight.

But I can test it in 1 1/2 weeks.
I will report here!
2019-7-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

It isn’t just with POIs that waypoints are jerky. The turning isn’t smooth at all.

The fact that DJI has known about this issue and in almost a year, refuses to fix it is awfully inappropriate. It is really poor treatment of their customers.
2019-7-17
Use props
Dude
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI, can you please update us on any progress with this?
2019-7-18
Use props
S t e f a n
Second Officer
Germany

DJI does not know this thread or this bug.
Is completely unknown for DJI.
What do you think? Laugh.

"can contain irony'
2019-7-19
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

S t e f a n Posted at 7-19 08:48
DJI does not know this thread or this bug.
Is completely unknown for DJI.
What do you think? Laugh.

Maybe we should start a new thread everyday so the don't forget that they have a defective drone out that they haven't fixed.

Here is my start.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194045

2019-7-19
Use props
S t e f a n
Second Officer
Germany

That's a good idea.

I will also open a thread in a few days and repeat it regularly with new ones.
2019-7-19
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 7383379 ft
  • >>>
United States

George Miller Posted at 7-12 15:00
It’s disgusting. I confirmed the same with the Litchi developer.
I detect the scent of Shire.   Always reminds me of visiting the county fair...
2019-7-19
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I haven't done a lot of Litchi missions with my Mavic 2 Pro, being mostly just test missions.  People are commenting on waypoint footage being jerky so here is how mine performs during a waypoint flight.  Note that at the beginning of the mission I inadvertently had the EV cranked down until about 1:10.  I also bumped the EV at the high point.  I had RC contact throughout the entire mission & any vertical pans were manual.  It is slightly jerky at points, but the high climb & slow 180° rotation at around 4:00 is extremely smooth & precise.  It may be the longest, slowest, & smoothest 180° rotation you've ever seen!  Rotation seems smoother if you do it while changing altitude.

* Not an official video, I just tossed it into the editor & slapped on some music as I dislike silent video.

2019-7-19
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-19 18:52
I haven't done a lot of Litchi missions with my Mavic 2 Pro, being mostly just test missions.  People are commenting on waypoint footage being jerky so here is how mine performs during a waypoint flight.  Note that at the beginning of the mission I inadvertently had the EV cranked down until about 1:10.  I also bumped the EV at the high point.  I had RC contact throughout the entire mission & any vertical pans were manual.  It is slightly jerky at points, but the high climb & slow 180° rotation at around 4:00 is extremely smooth & precise.  It may be the longest, slowest, & smoothest 180° rotation you've ever seen!  Rotation seems smoother if you do it while changing altitude.

24-39 seconds clearly shows the jerkiness issue which DJI acknowledges.
2019-7-20
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DuneBuggy Posted at 7-20 16:37
Isn’t “George Miller” the person you killed?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1997-08-12-1997224077-story.html

All too easy...

I see your condition has deteriorated considerably since your last visit.  Thank you for the confirmation of your identity.

Be seeing ya, squirt!
2019-7-20
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

It would really be angering to be forced to be a delivery driver during hot summers.
2019-7-20
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Smallmark007 Posted at 7-20 17:02
It would really be angering to be forced to be a delivery driver during hot summers.
Obviously less angering than being an unlikable, mentally-ill, little fella, so desperate for human interaction that creating fake accounts & getting banned from websites dozens of times is all that's left to break up the solace of time spent fondling wee winky.

Sadly I understand even Mr. Winky has abandoned you...

Enjoy your brief respite from the cave.
2019-7-20
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

S t e f a n Posted at 7-17 10:46
@hallmark77 Are you on DJI's payroll?
Or why do you try to distract from your own problem?

Stefan, this is incorrect.  As with previous birds, the full mission is uploaded to the aircraft, to include waypoints, most waypoint actions, altitude, heading, & POIs.  The things not uploaded include speed changes between waypoint & changes to the camera's vertical position.  Once initiated you can literally turn the RC off & the Mavic 2 will execute the mission as programmed, sans any changes to speed or vertical camera positioning.
2019-7-20
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

Unfortunately this is a problem that has been acknowledged by DJI with no fix in sight.
2019-7-20
Use props
Dude
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Still no update from DJI. Can you please let us know that you're working on the issue?
2019-7-21
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

Dude Posted at 7-21 11:21
Still no update from DJI. Can you please let us know that you're working on the issue?

According to Litchi developer- DJI is NOT fixing the issue. Also, you can write the higher ups at DJI- the emails are in this thread. According to their spokesperson they are “focusing on other priorities”.  You can confirm both of these facts by writing them yourself.
This isn’t something that you can anticipate being fixed soon, if ever.
2019-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Dude Posted at 7-21 11:21
Still no update from DJI. Can you please let us know that you're working on the issue?

Reality is from experience dji will not give any indication or answer to your question.
First you were promised waypoints you got them, were you promised buttery smooth waypoints better than anything else out there on the market I don’t think so, but you can see from video shown , it’s quite workable, yes it’s not professional but there is nothing professional out there because professionals would be using it and they’re not .

What you will get is dji improving waypoints over a period of time, remember waypoints has been in dji craft for many many years and it has always been crap so if you set your expectations on this SW being better than anything else out there, you may have got it wrong.

I see a total of 3 people asking here for waypoints to be updated and improved, it’s not the biggest protest around here, in fact it’s minuscule.

I also see a huge lack of video evidence to show how really bad this is, I as one who uses Litchi am not seeing this, but if you could post how bad this is for you then this should help the case and I don’t mean showing videos which are great using other craft, they don’t and won’t help your case.

Actually it’s those having the least problems who are keeping this thread alive .
2019-7-21
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-21 13:07
Reality is from experience dji will not give any indication or answer to your question.
First you were promised waypoints you got them, were you promised buttery smooth waypoints better than anything else out there on the market I don’t think so, but you can see from video shown , it’s quite workable, yes it’s not professional but there is nothing professional out there because professionals would be using it and they’re not .

This is the only DJI craft with this defect, so yes the expectation was that the Mavic2 would be at least as good as the others.  It is not!

The defect exists as acknowledged by both Litchi and DJI.  Why shouldn't owners expect it to be fixed after almost a year.  

Show us a video taken with Waypoints in either Litchi or DJI GO4 that is not stabilized in post that has panning shots that does not exhibit this defect.

If this doesn't bother you why are reading or responding to this thread.  

Feel free to move on.
2019-7-21
Use props
Dude
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes my inspire 1 using litchi works perfect. I then bought the Mavic 2 Pro w/smart controller and both Litchi and DJI go4 waypoints are useless if the camera needs to pan at all. Not sure why anyone would defend this. I'll even take a response from them that they're not going to fix it and I'll move on.
2019-7-21
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DuneBuggy Posted at 7-20 16:43
24-39 seconds clearly shows the jerkiness issue which DJI acknowledges.

15 seconds...a single turn.  Yet it rotated quite nicely during the remaining 9 minutes 37 seconds of the flight.  No DJI consumer-level quad that I have owned (10) performs waypoint rotations flawlessly.  Like horizon issues, some missions turn out better than others.  An equation correction in the SDK can easily tighten things up.  At least the Mavic 2 seems to have finally gotten the horizon issue under control.
2019-7-21
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 7-21 17:25
This is the only DJI craft with this defect, so yes the expectation was that the Mavic2 would be at least as good as the others.  It is not!

The defect exists as acknowledged by both Litchi and DJI.  Why shouldn't owners expect it to be fixed after almost a year.  

Watch the video I posted earlier.  It exhibits the issue in the first turn, but flies the remaining 9:37 to near perfection, with two long, graceful, smooth rotations.  Probably something involved that we have yet to discover that can help alleviate the issue.  Flight speed, speed of the rotation requested, level flight or changing altitude, etc..
2019-7-21
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-21 19:18
15 seconds...a single turn.  Yet it rotated quite nicely during the remaining 9 minutes 37 seconds of the flight.  No DJI consumer-level quad that I have owned (10) performs waypoint rotations flawlessly.  Like horizon issues, some missions turn out better than others.  An equation correction in the SDK can easily tighten things up.  At least the Mavic 2 seems to have finally gotten the horizon issue under control.

Oh! A simple “equation correction” in the SDK! How quaint! So nice of you to know exactly what is going on.

I’ll just leave this here from over a month ago.
4AF36BA0-5B34-498C-85E7-8871BB1B4A33.jpeg
2019-7-21
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Life for a DJI Mod can be challenging...

You return Monday morning from a relaxing weekend only to discover the troll you've deleted two dozen times before has slunk back in & has been running wild all weekend.

Cleanup on aisle 3...

2019-7-21
Use props
Smallmark007
lvl.1
United States

Again- the M2 is nowhere as smooth as any other bird on waypoints. Period and end of story.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/can-someone-figure-out-why-mavic-2-waypoint-pans-are-aways-jerky.67536/
2019-7-21
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

Someone has a long day of delivering boxes tomorrow. Better get that rest rather than spout nonsense like “a simple equation change in the SDK”.
2019-7-21
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

Someone who would talk about this being an issue in a “Software Development Kit” doesn’t know what they are talking about. An SDK allows developers to interface their apps with the firmware already provided by DJI. This is an issue in the firmware and obviously has nothing to do with the SDK, (it is present in any waypoint mode even in GO) and someone who clearly doesn’t even know what the function of an SDK is or how it works is just talking out of their derrière.
2019-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

parkgt214 Posted at 7-21 17:25
This is the only DJI craft with this defect, so yes the expectation was that the Mavic2 would be at least as good as the others.  It is not!

I see you good supporters have no problems posting fake Litchi emails and trying to cause hysteria, below find email from Litchi stating Litchi is compatible with M2, and if the SW company are happy then so am I .

2019-7-21
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

Simply “tighten up an equation in the SDK”. BwaHAHAHAH! Good one Mike Lovelace. You are showing yourself to be about as smart as Hallmark O’Shillahan.
33C9616C-E3BC-44BD-8EEE-00E30AC8EBF2.jpeg
2019-7-22
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-22 05:24
Hey CLOWN show us the jerky footage and stop putting up fake litchi emails, compatible means exactly that COMPATIBLE !!!!
Your a Clown you’ve been clowning around here too long, DAVE BENDER BRAIN THE SIZE OF A PEA.

Nope. No issue at all. https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -aways-jerky.67536/
2019-7-22
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules