DJI Pilot App on Smart Controller
14534 36 2019-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Just upgraded my aircraft from a Phantom 3 Pro to a Mavic 2 Pro w/ Smart Controller.

I'm trying to work out a way to fly app-controlled photogrametry mapping missions. I realize MapsMadeEasy only does iOS. Apparently Drone Deploy hasn't released a version of their app for the Smart Controller, but I'm astounded that DJI has yet to release a version of the DJI Pilot App that works on their own flagship controller!

Am I understanding this correctly, and if so, any suggestions how I might avoid flying manual missions (circa 2014)?
2019-6-6
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I've read DJI Pilot is installed on the Smart Controller. But it will only load when the controller is paired with a Enterprise model drone. I'm sure others will be able to shed some light on this. I also wanted to use DJI Pilot with my Mavic 2 Zoom but so far no go.

TK
2019-6-6
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

Trailkill Posted at 6-6 05:23
From what I've read DJI Pilot is installed on the Smart Controller. But it will only load when the controller is paired with a Enterprise model drone. I'm sure others will be able to shed some light on this. I also wanted to use DJI Pilot with my Mavic 2 Zoom but so far no go.

TK

Nope, the DJI Pilot App doesn't appear on my Smart Controller.
2019-6-6
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pics2Flicks Posted at 6-6 05:40
Nope, the DJI Pilot App doesn't appear on my Smart Controller.

I know you won't see  the app unless you pair it with a Mavic 2 Enterprise then it will automatically load. This is what DJI has told me and others.

TK
2019-6-6
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

Trailkill Posted at 6-6 05:48
I know you won't see  the app unless you pair it with a Mavic 2 Enterprise then it will automatically load. This is what DJI has told me and others.

TK

Gotcha. That's odd. So, is DJI intentionally cripping my M2P, and not allowing what I think is essentially an identical drone, to use the Pilot App, as a way of driving me to purchase the M2E?
2019-6-6
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pics2Flicks Posted at 6-6 06:32
Gotcha. That's odd. So, is DJI intentionally cripping my M2P, and not allowing what I think is essentially an identical drone, to use the Pilot App, as a way of driving me to purchase the M2E?

I agree there is no reason we can't use the Pilot app with our Mavic 2 pro/zoom. I hope they make it available for us all.

TK
2019-6-6
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I have the Playstore on the SC.  DJI Pilot does not even show up in the store.

Then I just tried using the Playstore on computer to load Pilot.  No go.  It says not compatible with the SC.  Hard to read the grayed-out text:

2019-6-6
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I even tried to install dji pilot via apk file - latest from DJI, it asked If I would like to install it over already installed - built in app selected yes didn't helped, it not shows anywhere in controller. Enterprise drone is really needed to have it working.
2019-6-6
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

This is outrageous. I bought, and paid a premium for, what I thought was the top of the line Mavic 2 prosumer drone. It was reasonable to assume it would have all the capabilities of less expensive models and configurations. I can somewhat understand how third party apps might not be available yet, but for DJI to hamstring their own app on their own hardware, for what appears to be no other reason than "they can", is unsatisfactory.
2019-6-7
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2019-6-7
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

In a Enterprise thread LabneskyJ said this-----

"I can attest that once you link the smart controller to the M2ED, it will update, restart and the pilot app will be there. "

TK
2019-6-7
Use props
fans3fb32a8d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3612943 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have M2P, Zoom & Dual. When I added the dual the SC rebooted and opened the pilot app. My issue is I have no idea how to get out of the pilot app when I turn on my M2P.  It doesn't show up in inventory because it's on Pilot. I don't know how to get back to go 4 app. It's a completely different interface when you pair the dual. Just like when I am on go 4 app I see my inventory of M2P and zoom but I don't see dual. So the only way I can run the dual as far as I know is I have to repair it to get back into the pilot interface. Crazy. There must be a way to seemlesly go from pilot to go4.
2019-7-11
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

fans3fb32a8d Posted at 7-11 14:49
I have M2P, Zoom & Dual. When I added the dual the SC rebooted and opened the pilot app. My issue is I have no idea how to get out of the pilot app when I turn on my M2P.  It doesn't show up in inventory because it's on Pilot. I don't know how to get back to go 4 app. It's a completely different interface when you pair the dual. Just like when I am on go 4 app I see my inventory of M2P and zoom but I don't see dual. So the only way I can run the dual as far as I know is I have to repair it to get back into the pilot interface. Crazy. There must be a way to seemlesly go from pilot to go4.

You can try a few things.  You can press the Back Button (left of left stick) and while pressing it push the 5-way button to the left and it shows RECENTS.  You can touch and slide the Pilot (or other app) UP and off the screen to close it.  Or while holding the Back Button, push the 5-way to the right and it opens apps and you should be able to then open DJI-go.
2019-7-11
Use props
Lalele
New

Canada

Is DJI even attempting to solve this issue? Are there any moderators out there that can shed some light on why DJI Pilot doesn't work with the MP2 w/ Smart Controller but works with MP2E? This sounds fraudulent...
2019-8-26
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Pilot App only appears when it’s paired with an Enterprise aircraft, it will revert back to Go4 when paired with the Pro or the Zoom.

In the latest version of firmware which allows you to switch aircraft it will restart when going from Enterprise to Pro/Zoom or the the other way.

2019-8-26
Use props
George Evans
New

United Kingdom

I would like to ask what are your impressions about your new device?
2019-8-28
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4

This is almost criminal, the omission of a function that's available on a lower-priced configuration of the Mavic 2, but not on the Mavic 2 with DJI's Smart Controller. I have grown weary of waiting for DJI, or Pix4D, or Drone Deploy, to add SC functionality to the M2 generation of aircraft. This one omission is keeping me from performing critical mapping missions for my employer.
2019-9-3
Use props
fans1b77b71d
lvl.2

Sweden

It's possible. Check under Developer Settings, the first option in Chinese forces either enterprise (toggled) or consumer (off) mode; this means either Pilot or Go 4.
2019-11-13
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

fans1b77b71d Posted at 11-13 11:48
It's possible. Check under Developer Settings, the first option in Chinese forces either enterprise (toggled) or consumer (off) mode; this means either Pilot or Go 4.

Thank you so much!!!!
2019-11-14
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

thank you for this useful information
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

One more here, saying thank you for this bit of info!!!
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

Pics2Flicks Posted at 9-3 04:36
This is almost criminal, the omission of a function that's available on a lower-priced configuration of the Mavic 2, but not on the Mavic 2 with DJI's Smart Controller. I have grown weary of waiting for DJI, or Pix4D, or Drone Deploy, to add SC functionality to the M2 generation of aircraft. This one omission is keeping me from performing critical mapping missions for my employer.

I felt your frustration as well.

Now that we have DJI Pilot access, I want to let everyone know that there is a method for installing GooglePlay (and it actually allowing login, download and use of ALL the apps we've been trying to sideload but wont work).

Heres the link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.certifiedaerials.com/info/how-to-install-google-play-store-on-dji-smart-controller&ved=2ahUKEwjw_bnVvJXmAhXWrZ4KHapXDmIQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1fgGxUciZ0oBq5EH6RIFw_

Massive thanks to Certified Aerials!

I can personally attest that Litchi works on SRC. I havnt tried any of the others such as DroneDeply, Pix4D, etc.

Note, the SRC has a modified android 7 OS which has the DJI Pilot app hidden but installed, so I wouldnt attempt updating the Pilot app via the googleplay store. It might brick it?
Also unfortunately, the SRC is a few years behind re device specs/pwr so dont go install happy as the system will overload quickly.

Hope this helps someone
2019-12-1
Use props
lal242
lvl.2

Sweden

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 12-1 14:28
I felt your frustration as well.

Now that we have DJI Pilot access, I want to let everyone know that there is a method for installing GooglePlay (and it actually allowing login, download and use of ALL the apps we've been trying to sideload but wont work).

Thanks a ton; this might finally get my UGCS working on CrystalSky. Been trying to run MicroG to circumvent the services but no joy
2019-12-9
Use props
Thremal drone
lvl.2
Ukraine

Sorry for stupid question, this is my first M2P, normally I fly M210. Where to find developer settings?
2019-12-17
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Thremal drone Posted at 2019-12-17 07:38
Sorry for stupid question, this is my first M2P, normally I fly M210. Where to find developer settings?

Here you are: https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options
2020-1-28
Use props
fans5c5a4281
lvl.1

United States

So has anyone flown the Mavic 2 Pro (Non Enterprise) with DJI Pilot on Smart Controller?? Is mapping available?? I don't know what to buy.
2020-5-16
Use props
scoble08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5c5a4281 Posted at 5-16 09:02
So has anyone flown the Mavic 2 Pro (Non Enterprise) with DJI Pilot on Smart Controller?? Is mapping available?? I don't know what to buy.

2020-5-16
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem with the video tutorial (really it’s the app) is it doesn’t provide what setting to use as a custom camera to actually get the Mavic 2 pro to correctly take the photos.  If you put the true sensor numbers in the software tells you it will take 2,000+ photos to complete.  Anyone know the solution?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-215213-1-1.html

2020-5-16
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

you can try this. I have it installed on SC but I haven't tried how it works yet.   https://www.dji.com/hr/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot-pe
2020-5-16
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Has anyone tried DJI Pilot PE on the SmartController? The one found here.... https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot-pe I found this on youtube...  

2020-5-17
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

djl61 Posted at 5-17 14:42
Has anyone tried DJI Pilot PE on the SmartController? The one found here.... https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot-pe I found this on youtube...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPZ63kVl8_A

This is the best news I've had in some time. Hope it works. Will try it shortly.

THANKS!
2020-5-18
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

Pics2Flicks Posted at 5-18 03:55
This is the best news I've had in some time. Hope it works. Will try it shortly.

THANKS!

Where can I find any instructions, videos, manual, etc., on the DJI Pilot app, especially as it relates to photogrammetry? Google is worthless, as it comes up with every app EXCEPT the DJI Pilot app.

Thanks in advance.
2020-5-18
Use props
fans5c5a4281
lvl.1

United States

This looks promising if you can translate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RAr76gTdo&t=148s
2020-5-18
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

fans5c5a4281 Posted at 5-18 18:21
This looks promising if you can translate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RAr76gTdo&t=148s

Thanks! My Portuguese is a bit rusty ( ) but the graphics are universal.
2020-5-19
Use props
David0439
lvl.2
Spain

fans5c5a4281 Posted at 5-16 09:02
So has anyone flown the Mavic 2 Pro (Non Enterprise) with DJI Pilot on Smart Controller?? Is mapping available?? I don't know what to buy.

2020-5-25
Use props
RLP_DK
New
Denmark

DJI Pilot PE works with Mavic 2 Pro
2020-9-17
Use props
tmwsiy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RLP_DK Posted at 9-17 02:03
DJI Pilot PE works with Mavic 2 Pro

it works but it SUCKS.

You can't adjust camera angle and very limited in options.
DJI should have a robust mapping app for the smart controller.
Totally ridiculous.
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules