850 27 2019-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started a thread on the OP forum with videos from the month long travel in Asia between Xmas and New Year. I recently picked up a Osmo Action as both my OP was on loan (Graduation season) and I need something for a trip to Las Vegas. I'll be posting my OA videos here but you can also see my OP vidoes on this thread, all videos are raw unedited:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=177399&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D593%26typeid%3D593
2019-6-6
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

First video is a night time HDR shot of the water fountain show at the Bellagio. It seems the F2.8 aperture is not as bad as I thought it would be.

2019-6-6
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here's a Time-Lapse shot of the Grand Canyon

2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there Wiz. We really appreciate you for sharing your video here. Well done and Thank you for your continued support.
2019-6-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice videos Grand Canyon time lapse is super cool
2019-6-6
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I received it yesterday and I can’t wait for start my trip and use it
2019-6-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-6 06:56
First video is a night time HDR shot of the water fountain show at the Bellagio. It seems the F2.8 aperture is not as bad as I thought it would be.

https://youtu.be/RG-RjObIhBo

Maybe instead of leaving immediately for Zion National Park I should spend some time in Vegas!

But as I noted in an eleven year old video from my slides and being somewhat prescient:

2019-6-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-6 06:57
Here's a Time-Lapse shot of the Grand Canyon

https://youtu.be/rtWvPlGkkqw

Terrific.

How long in real time?
2019-6-6
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

1080@240 Close up slow mo

2019-6-6
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-6 09:26
Terrific.

How long in real time?

Set at one frame every 1/2 sec so total time about 7 minutes.
2019-6-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-6 12:52
1080@120 Close up slow mo

https://youtu.be/tOZkF5drcNU

Bravo!  Really neat video.

I would not have ventured that close to those bees!
2019-6-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work!
2019-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Night time time-lapse on the Vegas strip

2019-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nicely done, great job
2019-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Unable to have both HDR and Rocksteady in 4K kinda make HDR pointless except for stationary shots:

2019-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hand held time lapse riding on the Vegas Strip in a Taxi at night.

2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-10 07:56
Hand held time lapse riding on the Vegas Strip in a Taxi at night.

https://youtu.be/pa3wguWRsP0

Won't let me post just the word FUN.

FUN!!!!
2019-6-10
Use props
Mr Monio
lvl.4

Ireland

Thanks for posting these.
How does OA fare against OP in your opinion? Which would be your primary choice if you had to pick one? I own OP, but I'm really tempted by the practicality of OA, both in terms of assumed ruggedness and the infinite zoom to avoid the dreaded OP out of focus takes. That being said, pocketability is essential for me, so I'd use OA mainly without grip - would that produce satisfactory results for travel and shooting casual family videos? Practically all OA reviewers on YT used some sort of a grip or mount.
2019-6-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mr Monio Posted at 6-10 11:32
How does OA fare against OP in your opinion? Which would be your primary choice if you had to pick one? I own OP, but I'm really tempted by the practicality of OA, both in terms of assumed ruggedness and the infinite zoom to avoid the dreaded OP out of focus takes. That being said, pocketability is essential for me, so I'd use OA mainly without grip - would that produce satisfactory results for travel and shooting casual family videos? Practically all OA reviewers on YT used some sort of a grip or mount.

I'm just a casual user. To me, I'm going to stick with the OP most of the time. I like the options you have with a gimbal vs EIS/Rocksteady. I also find the OA harder to hold well without a grip. I'll only use the OA for fast moving shots (from a car, bike or running) or where I would expect to get wet (outdoor shot during rain season).
2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Mr Monio Posted at 6-10 11:32

It really would have been nice if it had a tripod mounting hole or, at least, a place to attach a lanyard.  The camera is really very small and there's no gimbal mechanism to worry about.  So it can easily be tossed into a pocket, purse or pack.

I have both walked with it and hiked with it, only using what I'd call its tripod accessory piece.  It provides a good grip.  I distinguish walking - fairly level terrain with some irregularities and hiking where the terrain was much more rugged and irregular.  I did have a lanyard attached when doing these activities in case I tripped or dropped the camera.  This arrangement allowed me to weave my fingers between the camera and the round tripod piece.

2019-6-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-10 13:21
It really would have been nice if it had a tripod mounting hole or, at least, a place to attach a lanyard.  The camera is really very small and there's no gimbal mechanism to worry about.  So it can easily be tossed into a pocket, purse or pack.

I have both walked with it and hiked with it, only using what I'd call its tripod accessory piece.  It provides a good grip.  I distinguish walking - fairly level terrain with some irregularities and hiking where the terrain was much more rugged and irregular.  I did have a lanyard attached when doing these activities in case I tripped or dropped the camera.  This arrangement allowed me to weave my fingers between the camera and the round tripod piece.

Nice lens cap! What was it, I need something till the DJI lens cap is available. I wish it would ship with one.
2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-10 17:13
Nice lens cap! What was it, I need something till the DJI lens cap is available. I wish it would ship with one.

I, too, found it surprising that a $350 dollar camera did not ship with a $2 lens cap.  Pretty stingy move!

I hope to have a bit stiffer one from Skyreat this week.  Also available from Amazon.

The red one is quite soft and while it does protect the lens, I think it could get pushed in against the lens.

But it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 8_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it arrived very quickly actually.
2019-6-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

More time-lapse at the Grand Canyon

2019-6-11
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-11 06:42
More time-lapse at the Grand Canyon

NIcely done.  I keep dragging mine for walks but there are never any interesting clouds!

Is that the GLASS overlook off to the left?  
2019-6-11
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Duplicate post (is there a way to delete?)
2019-6-11
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-11 08:50
NIcely done.  I keep dragging mine for walks but there are never any interesting clouds!

Is that the GLASS overlook off to the left?

Yea but too many ppl walking and the glass are dirty ;-( so went off to the side.
2019-6-11
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

More clouds on time-lapse, this time during the evening when we got the lodge in Grand Canyon.

2019-6-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A handheld HDR shot on the bus, guess it would look OK if stablized in post.

2019-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules