Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Beyond Disappointed with Customer Support
1035 4 2019-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_KC
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry that my first forum post is a complaint, but my experience with DJI support this week has left me both surprised and frustrated.  I'm a long-time DJI customer and own both drones (an Inspire, P4, P3, and Spark) and gimbals (Ronin and Osmo), and reached out to support for what I thought would be a simple troubleshooting conversation on how to get a bricked TB47 Inspire battery to respond.

Instead, I got a bunch of canned "I understand your situation" auto-responses from online support, then a link to a nonsense article on battery storage.  I'm just outside the six-month mark on a battery that has only been cycled a few times, and DJI is refusing to provide any useful troubleshooting, replacement, or repair service.  I finally requested an escalation and provided a callback number and available times, but heard nothing.

I suppose that I expected to be treated as a professional user, as I was requesting troubleshooting information on a professional product (Inspire).  I'm putting this out there in the hopes that either someone from DJI might see it and follow-up to discuss my options or that someone from the forum might be able to advise on troubleshooting steps that I have not already tried to get my battery to respond.

The situation:
Inspire 1 v2.0 kit purchased directly from DJI in October 2018.  
Also purchased spare TB47 battery.

• Both batteries fully charged upon receipt in mid-October 2018.
  • Both batteries fully drained on job: Oct 28, 2018.
  • Batteries recharged and one used for another job on Nov 4, 2018.
  • Both batteries were then held at 2-lights and stored in the studio (as per DJI manual recommendation).
  • Both batteries recharged and discharged in mid January and again in March (as per DJI recommendation)

In late May; batteries were plugged in to charge for a job - One battery charged as expected; Second battery began by flashing light 1 only (farthest from the button) for about 10 seconds, then light 4 (closest to the button; apologies if I have the numbers backwards) would flash intermittently and the battery would not charge.  Tried disconnecting and reconnecting a few times with the same result.  About an hour later, I tried the process again and now the battery is unresponsive.  Plugged in or not, the button provides no response and no lights will illuminate when connected.

I tested the charger on the other battery and it behaved as expected.  I ensured the charging ports were clear and the contacts appeared good.

Are there other troubleshooting steps that I could take?  I just can't accept that DJI will not provide any service to a battery with only a few cycles on it, regardless of whether it's 4-months or 8-months old, especially on an "intelligent" battery that costs $160/ea.
2019-6-6
Use props
fans21618e60
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4341640 ft
United States

Complaint case: CAS-2981572-X6G3P7:
Someone from customer service department called me yesterday, June 5, 2019, regarding a complaint I have in regard to an incorrect data analysis. The gentleman on the phone was very insistent that I take an offer that I disagree with. He implied that your company could force me to take the offer, which is ridiculous in the USA. Evidently DJI has no regard for Mianzi in your business practices. I am very dishonored and offended over the total lack of respect I have received and would like to talk to someone in customer or public relations, not customer service.
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I sent you a PM. Please check later. Thank you.
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans21618e60 Posted at 6-6 09:58
Complaint case: CAS-2981572-X6G3P7:
Someone from customer service department called me yesterday, June 5, 2019, regarding a complaint I have in regard to an incorrect data analysis. The gentleman on the phone was very insistent that I take an offer that I disagree with. He implied that your company could force me to take the offer, which is ridiculous in the USA. Evidently DJI has no regard for Mianzi in your business practices. I am very dishonored and offended over the total lack of respect I have received and would like to talk to someone in customer or public relations, not customer service.

Hi, I do apologize for what happened and for the whole situation. I am afraid to tell you that the solution to your case remains the same. Please do understand that we consider your satisfaction and to provide the support as far as possible, however, please do understand that we still have policies to abide. If any questions, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-6-6
Use props
xxemericaxx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 6-6 12:58
Hi, I do apologize for what happened and for the whole situation. I am afraid to tell you that the solution to your case remains the same. Please do understand that we consider your satisfaction and to provide the support as far as possible, however, please do understand that we still have policies to abide. If any questions, please let us know. Thank you.

How is he supposed to understand when you literally can’t do anything to help him? A few kind words here and there don’t do anything to help him with his battery.

Just more proof about how you don’t care about customers.

How about you just admit it.
2019-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules