Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why a Phantom 5 will never come out.
123Next >
4564 81 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they release a P5 it will kill the Inspire X5R that is $2.3k for the camera alone lmao. No one would really buy the Inspire 2 anymore unless they make an Inspire 3 but then they need to release an X8 but then the whole flagship line-up would be messed up because then why get a Matrice M600 if you can get a full-frame on an X8.
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a lot of overlap between models now. That said, the camera is just one (albeit very important) element of the overall drone.
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-7 04:37
There is a lot of overlap between models now. That said, the camera is just one (albeit very important) element of the overall drone.

Yeah, there could still be upgrades going on but there would be no way to properly milk the system if they release anything better of what they have now.
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 04:43
Yeah, there could still be upgrades going on but there would be no way to properly milk the system if they release anything better of what they have now.

Thats the consequence of limited competition
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-7 05:32
Thats the consequence of limited competition

More like, zero competition lol
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 05:36
More like, zero competition lol

You did say the Parrot was better
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-7 05:37
You did say the Parrot was better

Someone else did.  
2019-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sometimes you hope another competitor will come and disrupt the market.
Would be great for 'us'.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI
Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations

Thank you for your support.
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 06:49
Sometimes you hope another competitor will come and disrupt the market.
Would be great for 'us'.

Yeah but the problem is if things are rushed and not done right.  I joined DJI way after everything has been matured that I use which is pretty much how to do it.  There are still people in the world who would never trust DJI but I tell them how it's matured now like Laser eye surgery was before.  Some people have become blind forever and committed suicide because of it.  I did PRK when it was 3rd gen.  It's 4th now and probably 5th so it's well more matured and safe.  I assume this is how it is w/ the medical cancer system.  It "used" to be bad but it doesn't really mean it's bad now.  Like how it was with Russia but some people still see them as an enemy and will not change. etc. lol
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hahahahaha - usually the way
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-7 08:06
Hahahahaha - usually the way

Someone suggested it on Youtube so I searched.  The images look HD and it uses FLIR.  I thought the frame rate is higher but it's not.  I trust only DJIs in the air.
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 08:10
Someone suggested it on Youtube so I searched.  The images look HD and it uses FLIR.  I thought the frame rate is higher but it's not.  I trust only DJIs in the air.

Same here mate
2019-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 08:04
Yeah but the problem is if things are rushed and not done right.  I joined DJI way after everything has been matured that I use which is pretty much how to do it.  There are still people in the world who would never trust DJI but I tell them how it's matured now like Laser eye surgery was before.  Some people have become blind forever and committed suicide because of it.  I did PRK when it was 3rd gen.  It's 4th now and probably 5th so it's well more matured and safe.  I assume this is how it is w/ the medical cancer system.  It "used" to be bad but it doesn't really mean it's bad now.  Like how it was with Russia but some people still see them as an enemy and will not change. etc. lol

I guess that is how it goes.
2019-6-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I doubt the inspire 2 have any bearing on there being a P5, 1st off, they only need to up the max speed  a little and wed be still happy, the inspire has battery redundancy, p5 wont have, the inspire has separate camera operator, unlikely for the P5, thats  as far as my inspire knowledge goes but just those alone are enough to keep the gap between the 2 products, i think so anyway
2019-6-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 12:24
I guess that is how it goes.

Technology is a revolving door by the time one company releases something they have to be two steeps ahead to catch the competitor  
2019-6-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 6-8 04:02
Technology is a revolving door by the time one company releases something they have to be two steeps ahead to catch the competitor

Very true
2019-6-8
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

thats why DJI has the market, just wish they able to have beta testers on their software
2019-6-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 6-8 06:17
thats why DJI has the market, just wish they able to have beta testers on their software

That would be great indeed.
2019-6-8
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Just a hunch, but perhaps all drone development is on hold while companies like DJI see how the political fallout and regulation settles.
It would not make sense to invest money in R&D for a product that could well suddenly have no market.
2019-6-8
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-8 08:48
Just a hunch, but perhaps all drone development is on hold while companies like DJI see how the political fallout and regulation settles.
It would not make sense to invest money in R&D for a product that could well suddenly have no market.

It is a global market and I'm sure DJI are making their next drone models as I write this. Whilst some countries have increasingly strict drone laws there are still many counties that do not. Don't forget that the Mavic 2 series was only released at the end of last year.
2019-6-8
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

The number of countries that have little to no drone restrictions is shrinking as news travels around the world.
I'm worried that my next Japan trip in 2021 may be at a time when drones are banned in either the US or Japan.
2019-6-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-15 10:46
The number of countries that have little to no drone restrictions is shrinking as news travels around the world.
I'm worried that my next Japan trip in 2021 may be at a time when drones are banned in either the US or Japan.

Have you bought a Chicken Little suit?
2019-6-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The "wheel" is also very dangerous.  They roll.  Sometimes they roll fast.  They even gain speed if they happen to roll down hill, creating havoc, public panic, potential destruction  and the possibility of multiple injuries.   They are a nuisance.  I think 2021 may be a time when wheels are banned in either the US or Japan.

2019-6-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did I see you on an episode of Doomsday Preppers?
Your constant theme of drones being banned is totally illogical.
The idea  a country like yours, with very little regulation of firearm ownership, is going to ban drones makes no sense at all.
What possible reason would they have to ban drones?
2019-6-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I do drone jobs all the time now.  If they are banned, it would have to be recreationally.
2019-6-15
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-15 17:42
I do drone jobs all the time now.  If they are banned, it would have to be recreationally.

Well if they are banned you better get a paper round.

2019-6-17
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-15 17:03

Yes, regulation is getting incrementally, and soon, exponentially, more encompassing.
And yes, guns are practically regulated out of existence now in many states, and in most cities, you cannot own a firearm at all, despite a 2nd Amendment that reads. "shall not be infringed". I know I cannot even buy ammo in my state. Even online. They won't sell it to me because of my state of residence.

Drones will eventually be regulated to the point where almost no one will bother with the jumping through the hoops to get licensed. This happened over 100 years ago with radio broadcasting--it soon became the domain of rich and powerful corporations and a few pirates.

As for one good theory why we're being regulated out of existence? See this:

2019-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-17 13:22
Yes, regulation is getting incrementally, and soon, exponentially, more encompassing.
And yes, guns are practically regulated out of existence now in many states, and in most cities, you cannot own a firearm at all, despite a 2nd Amendment that reads. "shall not be infringed". I know I cannot even buy ammo in my state. Even online. They won't sell it to me because of my state of residence.

As for one good theory why we're being regulated out of existence? See this:

Despite your fears and perceptions, you aren't being regulated out of existence.
The guy in your video has a skewed perception like you.
You need to get out more and get some other viewpoints rather than immersing yourself in paranoia.

2019-6-17
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-17 16:15
As for one good theory why we're being regulated out of existence? See this:

Despite your fears and perceptions, you aren't being regulated out of existence.

All I can judge by is the changes to the rules that the FAA notifies me about. And it isn't getting better. It's getting worse.
2019-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-19 08:47
All I can judge by is the changes to the rules that the FAA notifies me about. And it isn't getting better. It's getting worse.

Perhaps you're seeing something I haven't.
What's getting worse?
They are still happy to let you fly.
I haven't seen any changes or new rules that indicate a threat to continued use of recreational drones.
2019-6-19
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

The threat of coming licensing requirements to fly a plastic toy around, the costs associated with that licensing, the 2 year frequency at which the testing much be repeated, and this is only  the beginning. Like what's happening to gun owners, the government gradually makes so many laws as to make it impossible to shoot/fly. The hoops you'll have to jump through are going to be enormous.

DJI and other companies have shelved plans to release new drones. You don't think that's due to a sudden loss of creative engineers, do you?
2019-6-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"DJI and other companies have shelved plans to release new drones. You don't think that's due to a sudden loss of creative engineers, do you?"

Could this be why ?

https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... new-consumer-drones
2019-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-22 13:20
The threat of coming licensing requirements to fly a plastic toy around, the costs associated with that licensing, the 2 year frequency at which the testing much be repeated, and this is only  the beginning. Like what's happening to gun owners, the government gradually makes so many laws as to make it impossible to shoot/fly. The hoops you'll have to jump through are going to be enormous.

DJI and other companies have shelved plans to release new drones. You don't think that's due to a sudden loss of creative engineers, do you?

You mention a few things that might (or might not) happen and amount to nothing more than a minor inconvenience.
None are going to prevent you flying your drone.
You are letting your pessimism run away.
I try to stay well informed on drone matters but I'm unaware of any report of DJI or other companies shelving plans for releasing new drones.
Can you point to something to back up this claim?
2019-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New laws for the UK towards the end of the year, test and license fee or £16.50 per person per YEAR, absolute joke, then theres the part about being under 16 i think it is (could be 18) where they have to have an adult take responsibility for the drone itself as the owner and the kid will be the pilot, i think the owner registers for the license and the pilot takes the test, sommat to that effect, im still reeling about it, these are a few reasons alone to reduce the sale of drones in the UK. Next it will be height reduction to say 200 or 150ft all because the likes of amazon need the priority airspace, so they will get the 400ft with enough separation for non shopping SUAV's.

I doubt that will dent DJI's sales to much compared to the rest of the world and just because they are not releasing (although they recently did the MP2 anyway) does not mean they are not developing
2019-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-22 18:49
New laws for the UK towards the end of the year, test and license fee or £16.50 per person per YEAR, absolute joke, then theres the part about being under 16 i think it is (could be 18) where they have to have an adult take responsibility for the drone itself as the owner and the kid will be the pilot, i think the owner registers for the license and the pilot takes the test, sommat to that effect, im still reeling about it, these are a few reasons alone to reduce the sale of drones in the UK. Next it will be height reduction to say 200 or 150ft all because the likes of amazon need the priority airspace, so they will get the 400ft with enough separation for non shopping SUAV's.

I doubt that will dent DJI's sales to much compared to the rest of the world and just because they are not releasing (although they recently did the MP2 anyway) does not mean they are not developing

Next it will be height reduction to say 200 or 150ft all because the likes of amazon need the priority airspace, so they will get the 400ft with enough separation for non shopping SUAV's.
Where did you get this idea?
There's never been anything from any believable source to suggest that would happen.

Did you just make it up or are you repeating what someone else suggested?
Just because people who don't know, say it doesn't mean it will happen.
2019-6-23
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-23 00:13
Next it will be height reduction to say 200 or 150ft all because the likes of amazon need the priority airspace, so they will get the 400ft with enough separation for non shopping SUAV's.
Where did you get this idea?
There's never been anything from any believable source to suggest that would happen.

If the replacement battery situation doesn't get sorted it will all be irrelevant as far as the P4 is concerned ?
2019-6-23
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-22 16:59
You mention a few things that might (or might not) happen and amount to nothing more than a minor inconvenience.
None are going to prevent you flying your drone.
You are letting your pessimism run away.

This long cessation of production of drones, while the company is branching out to make robotic toys is a good indication that they 'see the writing on the wall'. Remember, companies like DJI are privy to information that's not yet available to the general public.
None are going to prevent someone from flying their drone (illegally). But the future of existing drone owners may hinge on how strictly coming laws are enforced.
Interestingly, the lack of batteries will soon ground the existing fleet of drones.
And don't discount the real danger that the world's most powerful company--Amazon--gets legislation passed to glom all the airspace for their delivery drones.
Remember, prior to 1913, the airwaves were free to use by anyone. Then came licensing. Then came the broadcast cartels.
2019-6-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-23 13:37
This long cessation of production of drones, while the company is branching out to make robotic toys is a good indication that they 'see the writing on the wall'. Remember, companies like DJI are privy to information that's not yet available to the general public.
None are going to prevent someone from flying their drone (illegally). But the future of existing drone owners may hinge on how strictly coming laws are enforced.
Interestingly, the lack of batteries will soon ground the existing fleet of drones.

" Remember, companies like DJI are privy to information that's not yet available to the general public."

So they should be way ahead of all the other drone manufacturers? Good for trading on the Stock Exchange....

"And don't discount the real danger that the world's most powerful company--Amazon--gets legislation passed to glom all the airspace for their delivery drones."

Sure, despite the fact that Amazon has, as yet, been unable to demonstrate a viable, safe air delivery system. Those of us who actually put some thought into this sort of idea already know it is pie in the sky.

"Remember, prior to 1913, the airwaves were free to use by anyone. Then came licensing. Then came the broadcast cartels."

More paranoid rubbish. These days more minority access groups are getting on radio and TV than ever before. As someone famous once said "Best to keep your mouth shut and let people only suspect you are a fool, rather than speak and remove all doubt"
2019-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 6-23 13:37
This long cessation of production of drones, while the company is branching out to make robotic toys is a good indication that they 'see the writing on the wall'. Remember, companies like DJI are privy to information that's not yet available to the general public.
None are going to prevent someone from flying their drone (illegally). But the future of existing drone owners may hinge on how strictly coming laws are enforced.

"And don't discount the real danger that the world's most powerful company--Amazon--."

You're not even close there, they're sitting at No 28 in the World:-

https://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/#tabverall

"Amazon--gets legislation passed to glom all the airspace for their delivery drones."

Looks like they'll be a while yet:-

https://www.streetwisereports.co ... ing-deliveries.html

"Remember, prior to 1913, the airwaves were free to use by anyone. Then came licensing. Then came the broadcast cartels."

And now people can broadcast to the world over the internet, never before has it been easier.

2019-6-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules