Nikon problems...still...
846 4 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,
I'm a new Ronin-S user and have just had a serious issue with the kit and my Nikon D5. I wonder if anyone has had the same please?  Essentially, I have just done a Ronin firmware update on my new gimbal to try and get the much discussed focus and record functionality using the MCC-B cable. It was successful in some respects - I could focus and intermittently get it to record from the Ronin's grip. Live view fluctuated between working and not working and I had no control over shutter or aperture with the camera connected via MCC-B. I decided to break it down and re-rig in hope of getting full functionality...BUT IT HAS CAUSED AN 'Err' (error) message on my D5. Camera won't function at all apart from accessing menus. It not the lenses (changed across my full bag), nor the lens contacts, memory card or battery. All changed. It appears to have fried my D5. Has anyone else had this? Utterly dismayed - it's my main body for stills work. I don't even shoot much video...but now I can't even shoot stills. DJI appear to be utterly useless and don't even have a UK contact for that specific product. Any help or advise appreciated. I bought it from Wex and they've been good, offering to get it sorted and covering with a hire body...but I'm gutted, and feel especially dismayed with DJI's general level of service and information for specific camera users. The whole Nikon compatibility appears to be a shi**torm anyway...and now this?!? Anyone?
Thanks in advance.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi JP, I am sorry for your trouble. When connecting the Ronin-S and Nikon D5 with the MCC-B cable, please kindly check the note below. For your camera issue, if it is convenient, please provide a video of your case for further checking. nikon D5.png
2019-6-8
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,
I have managed to restore my D5 and it is now working again...thankfully.

However, I have come to re-try setting up the D5 and the Ronin-S again. Despite having the latest firmware updates on both devices the camera will still only work in PC Mode. So I have no control over the shutter,  aperture or ISO whilst shooting. ARE YOU SAYING THAT NIKON'S FLAGSHIP CAMERA WILL ONLY WORK IN PC MODE WHEN CONNECTED TO A RONIN-S...YES or NO??
2019-6-10
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 6-8 00:52
Hi JP, I am sorry for your trouble. When connecting the Ronin-S and Nikon D5 with the MCC-B cable, please kindly check the note below. For your camera issue, if it is convenient, please provide a video of your case for further checking. [view_image]

Hi,

Is there any chance that you could please reply to my questions? Is there no one at DJI who can take responsibility for answering this?
2019-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JP LEE Posted at 6-11 06:30
Hi,

Is there any chance that you could please reply to my questions? Is there no one at DJI who can take responsibility for answering this?

I am terribly sorry for the delay. The camera doesn't need to be in PC mode when connecting the Ronin-S.
Please ensure live view on camera stays on when connecting Ronin-S. If the issue persists, please kindly provide a video of this case. If you would love to, you can send the video to support@dji.com directly. We would love to check further.
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules