12Next >
29430 46 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56496 ft
United States

Just used the Osmo Action for the first time in water and it stooped working aftet that. Opened up battery and it was wet as well as the charger port. Wtf..... Anyone have this issue or know why this happened?
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mahcky Mahc. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue had happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for your DJI Osmo Action at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.
2019-6-7
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only reason would be that the side port wasn't closed properly or the battery compartment latches weren't closed all the way.
2019-6-7
Use props
djiuser_TFg4nfIoV7jT
New
United States

Same thing happened to me today when I tested my new Osmo action at a local pool (11 ft max depth)
2019-7-10
Use props
djiuser_TFg4nfIoV7jT
New
United States

Same thing happened to me today when I tested my new Osmo action at a local pool (11 ft max depth).
It worked for like 5 minutes and went out.
Now I can't even turn it on.
When I got home, i checked both the battery panel and the side xd card panel abmnd they both had water even though they were both clicked on before my pool test.
I bought so many accessories for this and hope i don't have to return everything...
2019-7-10
Use props
djiuser_TFg4nfIoV7jT
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 11:31
Hello and good day Mahcky Mahc. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue had happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for your DJI Osmo Action at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.

So what ended up happening to your osmo action?
2019-7-10
Use props
USA_Johnny5
New
United States

The same thing happened to me this week. I went to Aruba and after taking it for a jet ski trip, it stopped turning on. Found water in the battery area. I couldn't use it all the trip. So frustrated, I should have taken my GoPro. Never experiences any water damage issue with my GoPro as I have used during a shark dive last year in Hawaii. I am going to open a ticket with DJI support. But cannot believe they put a product out without doing any intensive research.
2019-8-1
Use props
fans86f1c675
lvl.1
United States

I think there is a design flaw in the Action.  I had the same issue.  My Action died on the first day out in less than 4 feet of water.  It had water ingress on both the Battery and SD Slot.  I think DJI might be aware that there water seal is not up to par compared to GoPro because if you read the small print regarding the Action's water resistance it has notes like to make sure you never jump into  the water with the camera.  I have had two other friends have the same issue.  The best option is to post a video and pictures of the failure to Youtube and DJI will contact you about a replacement.  If you contact them without a video on youtube, they tend to deny your replacement claim.  Good luck!  
2019-8-9
Use props
USA_Johnny5
New
United States

USA_Johnny5 Posted at 8-1 18:50
The same thing happened to me this week. I went to Aruba and after taking it for a jet ski trip, it stopped turning on. Found water in the battery area. I couldn't use it all the trip. So frustrated, I should have taken my GoPro. Never experiences any water damage issue with my GoPro as I have used during a shark dive last year in Hawaii. I am going to open a ticket with DJI support. But cannot believe they put a product out without doing any intensive research.

DJI Support said it's my fault. They found water damage in the battery area. Thank God, I had DJI Care., Now they want me to pay $29 for a replacement. I have 2 GoPro's and was going to buy GoPro Black Hero 7, but I said let me try DJI OSMO Action as LOTs of pro youtubers, i.e. Peter McKinnon had good things to say on it. My Advice, buy a WaterProof Housing for OSMO and then use it in water, otherwise, there is a flaw in design as it is not properly sealed as GoPros devices. Or wait for GoPro 8.....
2019-8-12
Use props
fans86f1c675
lvl.1
United States

After 10 days of pinging DJI for status of on my defective unit, which I returned as it got water damage in only 4 feet of water, they told me that they couldn't replace my unit because it had water damage.....

I tried to explain that I knew that and that is why I returned it.  That I was aware of the water damage seemed to be a surprise to them which was disconcerting.  I had hoped that the information I had provided about the failure mode had been considered when evaluating the unit, but that doesn't seem to have been the case.   I was informed that if I wanted to talk about the water damage and how\why it occurred in shallow water, it would have to be a second escalation.

So far between online chats and phone calls to request status, I have spend over 4 hours and 27 minutes communicating with DJI to come to the conclusion that the camera has water damage.  I am hoping after this second escalation, we can move past that and on to replacement.

If you have a DJI Action I highly recommend avoiding water unless you have purchased the water housing.  If you plan to use the camera in a lot of wet environments, I highly suggest the GoPro instead at least until DJI Action 2 is released.  If you do have a failure, make sure you post the video publicly before contacting DJI.
2019-8-14
Use props
mcfilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29472 ft
Romania

fans86f1c675 Posted at 8-14 09:46
After 10 days of pinging DJI for status of on my defective unit, which I returned as it got water damage in only 4 feet of water, they told me that they couldn't replace my unit because it had water damage.....

I tried to explain that I knew that and that is why I returned it.  That I was aware of the water damage seemed to be a surprise to them which was disconcerting.  I had hoped that the information I had provided about the failure mode had been considered when evaluating the unit, but that doesn't seem to have been the case.   I was informed that if I wanted to talk about the water damage and how\why it occurred in shallow water, it would have to be a second escalation.

i also have this problem,  do you resolve it? they replace our osmo if was water in it, and i also have no dji care ..  In the chat they told me the dji doesn t cover guaranty for water damaged, but was NOT my fault, because i check the dors of battery every time..
2019-8-23
Use props
Jimmy Singh
lvl.3
United States

Wow.. simply amazing...

Also i feel like lot of us who are currently waiting for 3.5mm to USB Adapter, are going to get screwed.. should have bought GP7Pro
2019-8-23
Use props
fans86f1c675
lvl.1
United States

So my case has been open with DJI for 33 days now.  They almost never contact me, I have to constantly ping them to stay in the queue.  I have clocked over 6 hours contacting them myself

They initially told me it was my fault and I had to pay more than the cost of a new unit to repair the water damaged unit OR I could pay them $150 for their time "investigating" it.  I am still arguing with them as it seems silly to me that the Action died after only 6 days and in less then 4 feet of water.  

I had bought this as I was getting frustrated with the GoPro 7's software bugs, but that was a huge mistake.  GoPro has replaced my 7 two times now with no questions asked after there were issues with the firmware.  I had a replacement camera in 5 days.  I am going on 33 days with DJI and there is still no solution.

In talking to the support people, they have admitted that early units has seal issues but they are trying to limit the amount of ones in the field they have to replace.  They also admitted that they do replace cameras fast for people that post footage of their failure.  Multiple DJI reps have asked me not to post my failure footage and I have tried to be respectful, but at this point it is getting ridiculous.

So in summary, they know its an issue but will do anything to avoid replacing it.  I suggest not giving up, keep escalating.  If you footage make sure to post it to youtube and link in you repair case.  A company shouldn't be able to claim their camera is waterproof and then avoid responsibility when the cameras get water damage especially in mass.
2019-8-26
Use props
fans86f1c675
lvl.1
United States

Community Service Message to any who has water damage:

When you send your camera in for evaluation, return on all your accessories.  If you don't, DJI could draw out the repair investigation so long that by the time they tell you they won't replace the camera, your stuck with all the accessories for that broken camera.  

My camera broke within 6 days of receiving it.  DJI then took 21 days to give me a response.  By that time, they said I had gone outside the return window so now I am stuck with batteries for a defective camera.  So I am now out $450 for experimenting with DJI action.  
2019-8-26
Use props
fans86f1c675
lvl.1
United States

mcfilms Posted at 8-23 02:03
i also have this problem,  do you resolve it? they replace our osmo if was water in it, and i also have no dji care ..  In the chat they told me the dji doesn t cover guaranty for water damaged, but was NOT my fault, because i check the dors of battery every time..

In speaking with the reps, they seem to know there is an issue but don't seem to care about the customer experience.  

If you read the small print their waterproof note says its only good for 30 minutes and with no jumping in the water.  Personally that seems water resistant not water proof.
2019-8-26
Use props
fans1490790c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96463 ft
United States

Same thing has happened to me twice. The first camera was replaced by B&H Photo under their 40-day warranty. Second camera failed after a couple of successful snorkeling outings and is currently on the way to DJI for evaluation.

I agree that this appears to be a design flaw. I checked the battery, powered it on, and used it to format the SD card before entering the water.
2019-9-1
Use props
fans1490790c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96463 ft

The same thing has happened to me. First camera was replaced by B&H Photo under the 40-day return window.  The replacement failed just outside of this window.  Even after explaining that this was water damage, DJI asked me to send it in and now wants to charge me $379 for a replacement.  A new Osmo Action can be purchased for $299.  This is asinine and their support is deplorable.
2019-9-10
Use props
jerryat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6762 ft

Well, the same thing just happened to me - I took my Osmo Action out into the surf.  After about 15 minutes or so I went to check to see if it was still recording but the light on the front was out.  I tried to turn the camera on but nothing happened.  Initially I thought the battery had just run flat in 15 minutes which annoyed me because it was fully charged.  When I got to my car though I went to check to see if it had recorded anything at all so I went to change the battery over and noticed that the battery had a little (not much moisture on it).  I left the camera alone and didn't put the spare in until I got home a few hours later.  The light on the front of the camera flickered on but no startup sound happened and the screen didn't come on.  The buttons didn't work so I guess it is pretty stuffed.  From the comments above it seems like it is not even worth contacting DJI.  Annoying really as it is only the second time I have used the camera.  Should have got a GoPro.  I guess the GoPro 8 is coming out soon so I think I will just wait for that.
2019-9-15
Use props
jerryat
lvl.2

jerryat Posted at 9-15 00:07
Well, the same thing just happened to me - I took my Osmo Action out into the surf.  After about 15 minutes or so I went to check to see if it was still recording but the light on the front was out.  I tried to turn the camera on but nothing happened.  Initially I thought the battery had just run flat in 15 minutes which annoyed me because it was fully charged.  When I got to my car though I went to check to see if it had recorded anything at all so I went to change the battery over and noticed that the battery had a little (not much moisture on it).  I left the camera alone and didn't put the spare in until I got home a few hours later.  The light on the front of the camera flickered on but no startup sound happened and the screen didn't come on.  The buttons didn't work so I guess it is pretty stuffed.  From the comments above it seems like it is not even worth contacting DJI.  Annoying really as it is only the second time I have used the camera.  Should have got a GoPro.  I guess the GoPro 8 is coming out soon so I think I will just wait for that.

So my first contact with 'Support' didn't go all that well.  Given the comments above I thought I would check on the costs and yes, they would not rule out a substantial fee to inspect and quote to repair the camera or indeed that the cost to repair it would be more expensive than buying a new one.  
So, given that, it seems like I just have to write the camera off as a poor purchasing decision.  It is strike three for me with this camera.  Firstly, the field of view is not really wide enough for sports like surfing, then I have a big question mark on whether it is really waterproof (I am sure I secured the battery properly as I am quite experienced in using action cams in the water).  Lastly, I don't think the support model is customer focussed at all, especially given experiences I have had with other companies who really do seem to care about their customers.  I won't be recommending the Osmo Action as an action camera at all and unfortunately can seem myself starting to drift away from DJI products.  I still have a few and liked the consistency across devices and apps but this experience puts an end to that for me.
Cheers,
2019-9-17
Use props
hanba
lvl.2

same here. see my post.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-195635-1-1.html
2019-9-23
Use props
dalel
lvl.1

Same problem. Just used Osmo action first time today , checked battery cover and card cover and both secure and was only on top of water snorkelling and stopped working. Did not jump in. Spent $500 to buy a waterproof camera. It is simply NOT waterproof. Bad purchasing decision and very unhappy with the well known photographers on you tube who gave good reviews. the photo. will never buy DJI product again.
2019-9-30
Use props
jerryat
lvl.2

I know how you feel.  DJI need to take their customers more seriously.  It's obviously flawed in some way as far as waterproofing is concerned.  They could generate a lot more positive noise by helping us out here instead of ignoring us.
2019-10-3
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

I think I'll get the waterproof case for mine.
2019-10-4
Use props
fansb9e8e220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42880046 ft
Dominican Republic

Ooops, mine died too from using it timelapse on a heavy rain...
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_cVbHK8i6Dcx4
New

Dominican Republic

Same thing with mine Osmo, first contact in water and new camera is a trash now :| wtf?
2020-1-30
Use props
djiuser_7xO3Nm1090tH
New
Singapore

I got my DJI Osmo Action as a present and when I used it first time at the swimming pool, same thing happened to me. It just died down after few minutes of using.

Sent it to HK for repair and they asked me to buy a new one at a discount. Imagine, I never paid a single cent and I am asked to pay for something that was given to me? Really makes me regret switching to DJI after many years of using GoPro.

I hope there is still a way to resolve this issue.
2020-2-8
Use props
Bruno_Soto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116854 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_7xO3Nm1090tH Posted at 2-8 05:05
I got my DJI Osmo Action as a present and when I used it first time at the swimming pool, same thing happened to me. It just died down after few minutes of using.

Sent it to HK for repair and they asked me to buy a new one at a discount. Imagine, I never paid a single cent and I am asked to pay for something that was given to me? Really makes me regret switching to DJI after many years of using GoPro.

HI H

Did you actually got the repair or a new one free of charge?
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_IPUkjL9lSr1Z
New

Taiwan

Same stupid mistake here. Learned my lesson. But even if this is the user's (my) fault (not closing the device properly), it's also a design flaw, I think. If, for example the battery is not properly locked, you should not be able to power on the device. Same goes for the card department. And the camera should be waterproof without the lens cover on. Going to buy another one, but will keep in mind that this is not a perfect product.
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_SzUbStiKamUE
New
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-6-7 11:31

My Osmo Action just died after under 3 days of use. I always love maximising the use of it straight away to test the robustness. Unfortunately mine died after being submerged to water. I agree that it is a design flaw. I got an Osmo refresh, and hopefully it can be replaced under that.
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_SzUbStiKamUE
New
Australia

My Osmo Action just died after under 3 days of use. I always love maximising the use of it straight away to test the robustness. Unfortunately mine died after being submerged to water. I agree that it is a design flaw. I got an Osmo refresh, and hopefully it can be replaced under that.
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_SzUbStiKamUE Posted at 6-19 20:53

Hello there. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Osmo Action and it is good to know that you are already in contact with our DJI support team. Kindly please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-22
Use props
tom0002
New
Belgium

Hello, same here. Used my osmo action while kayaking on the sea and it died after a few minutes.
When I came home the inside of the camera was all wet.
Reading all of the above, I wonder if it's worth sending it to DJI.
Might just end up paying the cost for sending and investigation without a replacement .
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_UYBxp393EFgw
New
Italy

I'm experiencing the same issue. Has anyone received some answer about this issue by DJI? Is it worth it to send it to the reparation center? Thank you.
2020-8-23
Use props
ViewFAbove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8051 ft

Greece

Dji FU you have the best drones in the market but your action camera is trash...same problem with water drain and no cover!!! Never again!
2020-9-18
Use props
djiuser_ErbIOX1TPlcO
New

Maldives

I too saw my Osmo action rendered inoperable due to first use water ingress. The design is defective hence the exceedingly high failure rate. The reluctance of the company to make good on warranty is I believe due to the almost universal failure rate of the product. Ask blackberry what happens when such an attitude to a defective design is met with denial and avoidance.
2020-9-27
Use props
fans847ed987
New

Philippines

Same here - despite after years of using GoPro I decided to give an OSMO to my daughter for Xmas. One main aspect was that it is supposed to be waterproof without a housing. Was working fine outside until we used it today in the pool. Of course checked that all compartments were closed and no orange sign. Worked for 2 minutes under water. Then “SD Card Failure” and then off. Took it out immediately, fired it outside and then opened the compartment. Found both SD Card and Battery with some water. Will bring it to DJI Shop soon.
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_XO3oXtWWrNed
New
India

Totally Bad Experience with your Action Cameras, Disappointed what a fake advertising that it is waterproof upto 11m but not All Customers had same experience even i also my brother scolds me ita my fault but the actual fault is from your Advertising Side, We shall file complaints against Dji company with solid evidence that you cheated customers like this, You should explain to the customers, we can see in the Court
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

same happened to me. it was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

same happened to me. it was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov
2021-7-12
Use props
Patrick Maiden
New

Australia

Purchased online 2 months ago and gave to daughter for Christmas gift today. Best present ever. She downloaded and printed out the user manual, so she knew how to use it and to keep it safe.  Then she tried it in the swimming pool, and received the error message ‘SD card error’. We took it out, and rthe screen was still working,  took out the SD card and it was wet. Then took out the battery and it also was wet.
Left it to dry, and reinserted battery and now the camera does not turn on at all.  

This has turned the best Christmas present to the the worst Christmas. My daughter is devastated and crying.  

Christmas night now, and looking for what to do, only to find this problem has been encountered by multiple other purchasers, and yet the device is advertised as waterproof to 11m.
If the device is supposed to be waterproof, and water damage resulted from correct usage, our consumer law thankfully protects the consumer and defines the product as faulty.
It seems that perhaps this fault is more widespread than just an occasional error,  and perhaps a design or manufacture flaw. At least frequent enough that the device should not be sold as waterproof.
2021-12-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules