Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4608726e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110443 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I built a 5" quadcopter with DJI Ocusync Air System and using it with my DJI Goggles RE.  Everything works fine except when I start to record it only records on my goggles sd card and not on my Air System unit SD card.  What format does the Air System unit expect the sd card to be in?  I've tried Fat32 and ExFat both still have no recordings.  Please help.

I am on latest firmware version 1.00.700 for both Air System and Goggles RE.
2019-6-7
Use props
fans4608726e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110443 ft
  • >>>
United States

No response at all, DJI?? Looks like the market for ocusync air system is totally dead.
2019-6-30
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

fans4608726e Posted at 6-30 10:09
No response at all, DJI?? Looks like the market for ocusync air system is totally dead.

I just unboxed my AIR system, what a mess. The good: I found the SMOOTH mode. As far as the AIR system recording? Without a card Goggles tell me and show no SD card, with a SD card I still have nothing, no menu items or means to enable AIR recording, just screen to local Goggles. I did find that the Screen capture in analog mode require enabling the screen capture which also triggered the record mode! Two finger tap does nothing you must go to the enable screen capture menu to start or stop screen capture!
I'll setup a analog camera to play with but the lack of documentation on the Air System is stunting to say the least.
2019-7-5
Use props
Picofly
lvl.4
Finland

You should use 'fn' button on the bottom of the goggles to start and stop recording on the Ocusync Air Unit. I have found that Air Unit doesn't recognize sd-cards with greater capasity than 16GB. If it doesn't recognize your card it is better to try with another, lower capasity card.

The video will be stored to DICM/record/ folder. You should note that Air Unit uses a some sort of less common video codec which is not included to Windows 10, for expample. In my case I use Mercalli V4.0 to convert the videos for a format that is playable on Windows Media Player. Resolution of the video is same as on the display, frame rate is 50fps.

2019-7-10
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

Picofly Posted at 7-10 08:34
You should use 'fn' button on the bottom of the goggles to start and stop recording on the Ocusync Air Unit. I have found that Air Unit doesn't recognize sd-cards with greater capasity than 16GB. If it doesn't recognize your card it is better to try with another, lower capasity card.

The video will be stored to DICM/record/ folder. You should note that Air Unit uses a some sort of less common video codec which is not included to Windows 10, for expample. In my case I use Mercalli V4.0 to convert the videos for a format that is playable on Windows Media Player. Resolution of the video is same as on the display, frame rate is 50fps.

@Picofly  Thank you, I can't remember a company still in business when they do not finish the product before selling it, the saying was: "The job is not done until you finish the paper work" really applies to technical products and bathrooms.  
2019-7-11
Use props
WAVER_FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173120 ft

Jordan

I am using Dji fpv for the first time on my Mark4 HD5, air unit stopped recording and freezing after 1-2 minutes but on the goggle is recording normally.. any idea?
2019-12-23
Use props
HALLAMNET
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1909085 ft
United Kingdom

I have had my air Unit for about 3 years and never used it. Just used the Goggles it with my Mavic. I would use it with my Obsidian pro but the goggles do not support it properly. It a massive joke really as they did not advise people of this when it first came out. Finally got it out of the box to rig up to my Tamiya Heavy Dump Truck and after finally getting it activated (4 attempts just closing and re opening the assistant 2 app hoping for the connection to be made and it finally did the 4th time!) and the firmware updated (after a lock up @ 95% and had to pull the plug and hope for the best but all worked out ok) I now have some good clear video and records to the goggle ok but just can't get it to record to my SD card. After reading this post, found my 128MB card is to lard and i need 16GB card.

Berfore the DJI update but just so you cn see what it looks like

Massive joke that NONE of this is in the manual for a product that cost £500 and just could not be arsed to write a manual or record a tutorial video to show people how to use ALL features of the googles and ocusync air unit.

Come on DJI, Pull your act together and don't half arse your products.
Update: - 32GB and 64GB card formatted as fat32 works fine!
2020-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules