5 AEB vs +1.3EV vs 0 Step
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've jacked the exposure to show the noise.  It seems like with AEB the noise is way high.  The ISOs were the same @ 640 and f/2.8.

Why even use AEB?  To prevent highlights from being unable to be recovered?  If you have no overexposure warning Zebras then AEB is a bad option?  I mean you could just not use the underexposed image though in the merge to fix when exposure jacking?  Also, the 0 Step EV looks worse than EV increased at the camera when increasing EV in Lightroom.

With these findings wouldn't it make sense to custom set your brackets lower limit and upper?  DJI, can you work on making this possible on the P4P V2.0?  Maybe the real idea is to set as much EV as possible just before creating 1 Zebra?  I mean, that can be set by changing where the EV step is before AEB even begins so if you are starting at +1.0 it will bracket from that as the middle.  Maybe the real idea is to set the EV right before the Zebra then AEB from that?

The reality is.. the actual room brightness is equivalent a bit closer to +0.3 EV from 0.0 EV with my eyes (I can't see what anyone else sees through their own human eyes).  The light in the room is minimal but as a stress test, these findings matter?

ISO-640 for every picture in this post.  Seems like the difference between the photos is the shutter duration open time.

HDR merge

HDR merge

+1.3EV

+1.3EV

0 step

0 step
2019-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why even use AEB?
You've assumed that AEB is only for blending multiple images in HDR.
But there are other uses for AEB that don't involve HDR.
Like having a few exposure options to choose from in tricky lighting situations.

With these findings wouldn't it make sense to custom set your brackets lower limit and upper?  DJI, can you work on making this possible on the P4P V2.0?
DJI won't do anything about it, but if you think that's helpful you can easily DIY with exposure compensation.

Maybe the real idea is to set as much EV as possible just before creating 1 Zebra?
I wonder what that meant before you put it through Google Translate ???
2019-6-8
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good comparison
2019-6-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-8 02:20
Why even use AEB?
You've assumed that AEB is only for blending multiple images in HDR.
But there are other uses for AEB that don't involve HDR.

You don't need to quote every single thing I wrote.  I cannot seem to understand your take.  I did not use Google translate either.

Can you explain the pros and cons of AEB w/o copying and pasting anything I've said?
2019-6-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-8 03:09
You don't need to quote every single thing I wrote.  I cannot seem to understand your take.  I did not use Google translate either.

Can you explain the pros and cons of AEB w/o copying and pasting anything I've said?

I cannot seem to understand your take.
... or much else it seems
2019-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules