Anyone shoot with Burst instead of Single?
1087 25 2019-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm thinking about doing a 3-burst every shot instead of Single to pick the best one out of the 3.  Is this more ideal than just 1-shot?  I know it does 14 but the time it takes to reshoot is a while as the buffer has to clear and I have a fast Samsung EVO 64GB memory card with up to 100MB/s read and 60MB/s write.
2019-6-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ant,

Go for it and let us know how it goes.  I wish I had more time to try some of those settings.  But, you are right, the read and write speeds of your card makes all the difference in the world.  

My friend was talking about trying timed intervals, and did, but forgot about it the next time he flew.  He was not happy about it because he missed a good shot because of the wrong setting.  So remember to set the camera back to where you usually fly to avoid having missed opportunities!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-6-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 6-7 23:06
Aloha Ant,

Go for it and let us know how it goes.  I wish I had more time to try some of those settings.  But, you are right, the read and write speeds of your card makes all the difference in the world.  

Yeah, there is no way to actually reshoot fast follow-ups in single until it finishes processing but you can burst at 14fps which is interesting.  This is the same issue w/ the A7 III unless you are in Hi+ mode.  It makes no sense to me.  At least have the ability to shoot 5 times fast at least instead of waiting to shoot another one until the buffer completely clears.
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will on occasions
2019-6-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you want the very best shot, then you need to stack them multiple pics, in post...

RedHotPoker
2019-6-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 6-8 15:01
If you want the very best shot, then you need to stack them multiple pics, in post...

yeah, I forgot focus stacking exist
2019-6-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 6-8 21:41
yeah, I forgot focus stacking exist

Sorry, I Thought you were a photographer first, and a drone pilot second... duuuuh me. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2019-6-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 6-9 00:14
Sorry, I Thought you were a photographer first, and a drone pilot second... duuuuh me. Hahaha

I never started focus stacking yet.  Microsoft Image Composition Editor makes it where you can focus stack.  Someone showed a vid that was mega good.
2019-6-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Certainly something for you to look into.

Share the show...

RedHotPoker
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback in regards to your query. Should you have further concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-10
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Damn something else to play with. Seems I’m due to spend more time with the manual than flying.
2019-6-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-7 23:09
Yeah, there is no way to actually reshoot fast follow-ups in single until it finishes processing but you can burst at 14fps which is interesting.  This is the same issue w/ the A7 III unless you are in Hi+ mode.  It makes no sense to me.  At least have the ability to shoot 5 times fast at least instead of waiting to shoot another one until the buffer completely clears.

The camera on the Phantom does not have a buffer, this is why it is vital to have a fast enough CS card.
2019-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That’s another thing I love about the Nikon D800...

Among many... hehe

RedHotPoker
2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, the other concern is the shutter shake on the 2nd+ shots versus the first could be a problem?  Does the mechanical shutter even make that much "seismo"?  I know you can shoot on e-shutter but that should only be good if you are shooting above 1/2000.  This can do 1/8000 but I never tried going that high.  Maybe that an f/2.8 with focus stack in a very bright day would have a super sharp image?

Does AEB/burst use E-shutter instead of mechanical?
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-10 16:28
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback in regards to your query. Should you have further concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support.

Does AEB/burst use E-shutter instead of mechanical?  DJI can you give input?
2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-11 00:46
Does AEB/burst use E-shutter instead of mechanical?  DJI can you give input?

DJI don't give any tech input here.
It seems that the moderators know very little and probably don't even fly.

If you are wanting to know, it should be very easy to find out with a little easy testing (like so many of your incessant questions).
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-11 03:26
DJI don't give any tech input here.
It seems that the moderators know very little and probably don't even fly.

But they can ask the engineers and see what they say.  Rather than assume they don't know we should ask.
2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-11 03:31
But they can ask the engineers and see what they say.  Rather than assume they don't know we should ask.

Perhaps in your fantasy world, but not here.
Here's an idea for you to consider:
Maybe, just maybe, members that have been here for several years actually know a thing or two and perhaps you could learn something by listening to what they have to say.

I know ... not a chance of you learning something but I can dream can't I?
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-11 06:46
Perhaps in your fantasy world, but not here.
Here's an idea for you to consider:

What do you think then?

"Maybe, just maybe, members that have been here for several years actually know a thing or two and perhaps you could learn something by listening to what they have to say."
Does it use e-curtain shutter or mechanical when doing AEB/Burst?  If it uses mechanical when mechanical is selected, will the 2nd shot shake enough to cause the 2nd picture on to be blurry?
2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-11 07:04
What do you think then?

"Maybe, just maybe, members that have been here for several years actually know a thing or two and perhaps you could learn something by listening to what they have to say."

What do you think then?
It's nothing I've ever had to use or think about.
I think I saw one of the wiser forum members earlier say something that could be helpful though:
If you are wanting to know, it should be very easy to find out with a little easy testing (like so many of your incessant questions).Italic
I think thats what I'd do if I was interested.

2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-11 07:20
What do you think then?
It's nothing I've ever had to use or think about.
I think I saw one of the wiser forum members earlier say something that could be helpful though:

"It's nothing I've ever had to use or think about."

If you don't know the answer why even respond?

I don't mind you responding.  I will respond to anything you put.
2019-6-11
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burst shots are great for manually creating HDR photography
2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-11 07:29
"It's nothing I've ever had to use or think about."

If you'd read my responses, it would have been obvious to you (if your reading comprehension was anywhere near average).

I don't mind you responding.  I will respond to anything you put.
Please don't.
How about trying something new and only posting when you actually have something to say?
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-11 15:23
If you'd read my responses, it would have been obvious to you (if your reading comprehension was anywhere near average).

"Please don't.
How about trying something new and only posting when you actually have something to say?"

So it's ok for you to respond even if you don't have any correct answer but it's not ok for me to respond to that?
2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-11 15:45
"Please don't.
How about trying something new and only posting when you actually have something to say?"
So it's ok for you to respond even if you don't have any correct answer but it's not ok for me to respond to that?

Sorry but you can't understand basic English and have no idea what you are doing here and are just making noise.
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-11 15:59
Sorry but you can't understand basic English and have no idea what you are doing here and are just making noise.

What basic English am I missing?
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules