problem downloading map for offline
2561 5 2019-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
penc
lvl.2
United States

Hi, Im a relative newby, and Ive got a mavic pro 2 zoom, which Im taking trecking in Peru. Im trying to download the relevent map with no success.

Through the DJI GO app I navigate to offline map, then to the area in Peru, then dowload and name map, but only 0% of the map downloads, and it says 'paused'. Repeated clicking on the pasued button does nothing. Ive got a bogstandard android (Motorola) with 2 g available storage.  Can anyone assist? Also, any advice on flying in the Andes? Im hoping to use waypoints a lot. thanks!!

2019-6-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

So you do have wifi working?  Downloading to internal memory or an sd-card?

Is it possible there really is no map of that area?  

Ah, have you tried downloading another area as a test?  Something across your country or in the US?

And you are obviously much younger than I - taking the weight of a drone hiking and at those elevations (g)

2019-6-8
Use props
penc
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-8 06:23
So you do have wifi working?  Downloading to internal memory or an sd-card?

Thanks ff22, I found the solution- I had to turn off 'download maps' function on phone, then reboot, then turn download funtionality on again. Now working!!
2019-6-11
Use props
penc
lvl.2
United States

Also, does anyone have any advice on whether I should use Litchi or DJIGo for waypoints flight in a remote area?
2019-6-11
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

penc Posted at 6-11 18:12
Also, does anyone have any advice on whether I should use Litchi or DJIGo for waypoints flight in a remote area?

You might want to ask this in a specific thread.  But from what I've read (I have not done any missions), Litchi might be easier to use from your computer at home to plan missions and I think you can save them to their site.  If you have internet access where you go (wifi at a hotel or...) you can download them???
2019-6-11
Use props
penc
lvl.2
United States

Thanks- good point on hotel and wifi!! Ill ask in a new thread
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules