3969 4 2019-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dougjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 581073 ft
Canada

Hi

I am new to the world of UAVs. As a leader in the industry of course I am considering buying a DJI as my first real commercial drone. I was excited to see the recent announcement that all DJI drones built in 2020 would ciome equipped with Air Sense. My question is about timing. If I buy a Spark or Mavic Air today what is DJI's policy about fitting these with Air Sense? Will it be possible to return the drone for upgrade to include this feature? If so is there pricing for this upgrade?

Thank,
Doug

2019-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Doug, we're going to add AirSense ADS-B receivers to new models only at the moment, starting with models released after Jan 1, 2020. We will not retrofit earlier models like Phantoms, Mavic Pro/Air/2, Spark, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-6-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That's what I thought, it needs hardware!
2019-6-12
Use props
dougjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 581073 ft
Canada

@DJI Mindy - thanks for the clarification. I have just ordered a Spark based on this answer. I would have preferred to purchased a Mavic, but will wait until next year to get this feature.

@S-e-ven - I was aware that an ADS-B receiver would need to be added. I was asking if there was a plan to retrofit these to existing DJI products and if so how much would they cost. Not seeing an future upgrade path I chose to purchase the least expensive system available.
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dougjeff Posted at 6-12 06:08
@DJI Mindy - thanks for the clarification. I have just ordered a Spark based on this answer. I would have preferred to purchased a Mavic, but will wait until next year to get this feature.

@S-e-ven - I was aware that an ADS-B receiver would need to be added. I was asking if there was a plan to retrofit these to existing DJI products and if so how much would they cost. Not seeing an future upgrade path I chose to purchase the least expensive system available.

Thanks for your support to DJI, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website.
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules