Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

970-439.jpg
“A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.”
-unknown

Dear DJI Forum users,

It’s hard to measure just how important a dad can be. They guide us through any challenge, teach us so much of what we know, and proudly tell us the worst jokes, all while being the man we look up to the most. For this Father’s Day, we want you to tell us about your dad!

Reply to this post with a story about your father, from the heartwarming to the hilarious – it’s totally up to you! Participants will have a chance to win prizes that can be used to purchase DJI products. Don’t forget to take advantage of our special Summer Sale, because he probably deserves something cool this year, right? We are offering DJI’s special and exclusive offers with you. Click Here to the Summer Sale page, find the best gift for your father!

Rules:
1.        Users must reply to the event thread for an entry to be valid, share a story about your father, including photos or videos captured using DJI products.
2.        Replies should be at least 100 words and must include one or more photos or videos (or both) shot using DJI products.
3.        We will pick the ten best entries based on quality and upvotes and display them on the Forum landing page. If your work is chosen, you will be rewarded with DJI Prizes.
4.        Users can submit different products in separate entries for a greater chance to win;
5.        This event begins from the time of this post to finishes on June 17th.

Event Period:
June 7 - June 17, 2019 (UTC+8).

Prizes:
•        $10 in DJI Credit and 600 Forum Points (10 winners)
•        Exclusive DJI T-shirt & DJI bag(2 winners)

Additional Guidelines:
1. Contestants must guarantee the authenticity and originality of all submissions. Watermarks can be added, but this may decrease the submission's chance of winning. Any submissions containing counterfeit or pirated content will result in the immediate disqualification of the contestant, and they will be held liable for any consequences that result from their submission.
2. Contestants are welcome to make submissions featuring a variety of content. Submitted works must not contain obscene or violent content or content that violates any local laws and regulations.
3. Contestants capturing content with UAV-based aerial photography platforms should fly their aircraft safely and in accordance with all relevant local laws and regulations.
4. DJI has right of use for works submitted to this contest. The works can be used on DJI’s media channels, including but not limited to the DJI official website, DJI store, DJI Forum, etc.

2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Winner announcement!!

@Lysak2003
@Bing Err
@LorMa
@Mavic 2017
@maddox

Pilots above will receive $10 in DJI Credits and 600 Forum points as giveaways.
And two Pilots below will receive a DJI Exclusive T-shirts as giveaways.

@LorMa
@RJB1

Thank you for sharing your story of your father, or story of you and your children, and your support of the DJI Forum.
Congratulations! We will accept your suggestions and try to find out more interesting events in the future!
Happy Father's Day to all fathers in the Forum.

2019-6-26
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

My beloved father is a real example of the man who never stops with what he got. Through whole his life he had many different passion: cycling, language learning, analog photography, 8mm videography (do you remember those analog cameras  without soundrecoder from early 80th that demanded special projector to project an image on the white wall?), fishing, underwater hunting, programming...   In all these hobbies he achieved quite good result, but never found satisfaction and always moved farther. This thirst for impressions is the most valuable thing  that I love in him. And he always tries to transmit his passion to those who around him, so this way he became a real teacher. Even now, as he is a pensioner, he continue to teach English in the public school in Transnistria, small unrecognized state that appeared on debris of former USSR. He is the first person in his country who provided System of Distance Education in public schools.In his mid-sixtieth he decided to teach his grandson (my son) rollerblading and started to rollerblade himself. For the first glimpse it looked completely insane, but we never doubted about him.
With DJI Spark I filmed my dad rollerbladed in his favourite skatepark in the center of Tiraspol, the capital of Transnistria. You can see it in the video bellow. Hope you enjoy and please click this Upvote button!

P.S. On his recent birthday I gave him DJI OSMO Mobile 2, so now he along with his friends (as old as he is) record their own extrim videos. Suggest he'll started to download them here soon. I think over buying an addition DJI OSMO Action Camera as a present for his next birthday
2019-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lysak2003 Posted at 6-9 03:38
My beloved father is a real example of the man who never stops with what he got. Through whole his life he had many different passion: cycling, language learning, analog photography, 8mm videography (who does remember those analog cameras  fwithout soundrecoder from early 80th that demanded special projector to project an image on the white wall?), fishing, underwater hunting, programming...   In all these hobbies he achieved good result but never found satisfaction and always moved farther. This thirst for impressions is the most valuable thing  that I love in him. And he always tries to transmit his passion to those who around him, so this way he became a real teacher. Now even he is a pensioner, he continue to teach English in the public school in  Transnistria, small unrecognized state that appeared on debris of former USSR. In his mid-sixtieth he decided to teach his grandson (my son) rollerblading and started to rollerblade himself. For the first glimpse it looked completely insane but we never doubted about him. With DJI Spark I filmed my dad rollerbladed in his favourite skatepark in the center of Tiraspol. You can see it in the video bellow. Hope you enjoy!
https://youtu.be/XIzKgD_OsuA
P.S. On his recent birthday I gave him DJI OSMO Mobile 2 as a birthday present, so now he along with his friends (as old as he is) record their own extrim videos. I think over buying an addition DJI Action Camera as a present for his next birthday

Very cool!
2019-6-9
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like a lovely family man - thanks for sharing
2019-6-9
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

My beloved father is a real example of the man who never stops with what he got. Through whole his life he had many different passion: cycling, language learning, analog photography, 8mm videography (who does remember those analog cameras  fwithout soundrecoder from early 80th that demanded special projector to project an image on the white wall?), fishing, underwater hunting, programming...   In all these hobbies he achieved good result but never found satisfaction and always moved farther. This thirst for impressions is the most valuable thing  that I love in him. And he always tries to transmit his passion to those who around him, so this way he became a real teacher. Now even he is a pensioner, he continue to teach English in the public school in  Transnistria, small unrecognized state that appeared on debris of former USSR. In his mid-sixtieth he decided to teach his grandson (my son) rollerblading and started to rollerblade himself. For the first glimpse it looked completely insane but we never doubted about him. With DJI Spark I filmed my dad rollerbladed in his favourite skatepark in the center of Tiraspol. You can see it in the video bellow. Hope you enjoy!
P.S. On his recent birthday I gave him DJI OSMO Mobile 2 as a birthday present, so now he along with his friends (as old as he is) record their own extrim videos. I think over buying an addition DJI Action Camera as a present for his next birthday

Very nice story, reminds me of myself....
2019-6-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Thank you, I appreciate it!
2019-6-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

AJC-W Posted at 6-9 11:06
Sounds like a lovely family man - thanks for sharing

Love him so much! Thanks a lot.
2019-6-9
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 6-9 12:25
Love him so much! Thanks a lot.

You're very welcome
2019-6-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Toedles Posted at 6-9 12:08
Very nice story, reminds me of myself....

Thank you very much! Hope to see your story there.
2019-6-9
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Lysak2003 Posted at 6-9 12:29
Thank you very much! Hope to see your story there.

You are welcome sir.
2019-6-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lysak2003 Posted at 6-9 12:24
Thank you, I appreciate it!

You're welcome!
2019-6-10
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

great contest
2019-6-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Dad taught me at a very young age “If you want it done right, you’d better do it yourself.” We lived on a farm and raised cattle, put up hay, cut wood, harvested corn, butchered chicken and much more. But his main source of income has always been carpentry. Working with him for over a decade I’ve seen he has an extremely creative mind, and can solve almost any problem he’s encountered. He has taught me to build everything from shelves to houses, so I think he was initially disappointed when I left the family business to be a nurse. However, my medical career has allowed me to afford drones, cameras and take exciting vacations which I love to document in video, and my father has witnessed my progression of filming and editing over the last 2 years. He has also shown much interest in my drones and loves when I take pictures and video of the farm, and has even asked me to bring the cows in with my Mavic Pro Platinum. He recently got his first tablet and started to really use the internet for the first time in his life, so I think pretty soon he’ll be ready to inherit my Spark and take his own pictures. Recently I asked him to help me cut down a tree and before he even started the chainsaw he said “Aren’t you going to film this with your drone?” I said “Sure Dad.”

dad.jpg
2019-6-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Moldova

Bing Err Posted at 6-11 00:34
My Dad taught me at a very young age “If you want it done right, you’d better do it yourself.” We lived on a farm and raised cattle, put up hay, cut wood, harvested corn, butchered chicken and much more. But his main source of income has always been carpentry. Working with him for over a decade I’ve seen he has an extremely creative mind, and can solve almost any problem he’s encountered. He has taught me to build everything from shelves to houses, so I think he was initially disappointed when I left the family business to be a nurse. However, my medical career has allowed me to afford drones, cameras and take exciting vacations which I love to document in video, and my father has witnessed my progression of filming and editing over the last 2 years. He has also shown much interest in my drones and loves when I take pictures and video of the farm, and has even asked me to bring the cows in with my Mavic Pro Platinum. He recently got his first tablet and started to really use the internet for the first time in his life, so I think pretty soon he’ll be ready to inherit my Spark and take his own pictures. Recently I asked him to help me cut down a tree and before he even started the chainsaw he said “Aren’t you going to film this with your drone?” I said “Sure Dad.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpNnTCd3OX8[Image]

Great story and interesting video. Well done!
2019-6-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

My Dad taught me at a very young age “If you want it done right, you’d better do it yourself.” We lived on a farm and raised cattle, put up hay, cut wood, harvested corn, butchered chicken and much more. But his main source of income has always been carpentry. Working with him for over a decade I’ve seen he has an extremely creative mind, and can solve almost any problem he’s encountered. He has taught me to build everything from shelves to houses, so I think he was initially disappointed when I left the family business to be a nurse. However, my medical career has allowed me to afford drones, cameras and take exciting vacations which I love to document in video, and my father has witnessed my progression of filming and editing over the last 2 years. He has also shown much interest in my drones and loves when I take pictures and video of the farm, and has even asked me to bring the cows in with my Mavic Pro Platinum. He recently got his first tablet and started to really use the internet for the first time in his life, so I think pretty soon he’ll be ready to inherit my Spark and take his own pictures. Recently I asked him to help me cut down a tree and before he even started the chainsaw he said “Aren’t you going to film this with your drone?” I said “Sure Dad.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpNnTCd3OX8

Very cool pics and story!
2019-6-11
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Dad taught me at a very young age “If you want it done right, you’d better do it yourself.” We lived on a farm and raised cattle, put up hay, cut wood, harvested corn, butchered chicken and much more. But his main source of income has always been carpentry. Working with him for over a decade I’ve seen he has an extremely creative mind, and can solve almost any problem he’s encountered. He has taught me to build everything from shelves to houses, so I think he was initially disappointed when I left the family business to be a nurse. However, my medical career has allowed me to afford drones, cameras and take exciting vacations which I love to document in video, and my father has witnessed my progression of filming and editing over the last 2 years. He has also shown much interest in my drones and loves when I take pictures and video of the farm, and has even asked me to bring the cows in with my Mavic Pro Platinum. He recently got his first tablet and started to really use the internet for the first time in his life, so I think pretty soon he’ll be ready to inherit my Spark and take his own pictures. Recently I asked him to help me cut down a tree and before he even started the chainsaw he said “Aren’t you going to film this with your drone?” I said “Sure Dad.”

Excellent entry Bing
2019-6-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I really like that!
2019-6-11
Use props
TJOcraft8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113547 ft
United States

Hi my name is TJ and I am 11 years old. One time me and my dad were going whale watching. I had brought my dji spark
2019-6-11
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

TJOcraft8 Posted at 6-11 15:56
Hi my name is TJ and I am 11 years old. One time me and my dad were going whale watching. I had brought my dji spark

your cat has teeths ?
2019-6-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

TJOcraft8 Posted at 6-11 15:56
Hi my name is TJ and I am 11 years old. One time me and my dad were going whale watching. I had brought my dji spark

Just can't wait for continue of the story
2019-6-11
Use props
ihachem
lvl.2
United States

I just want to take advantage of this thread and tell my dad that I am really sorry. He always thought I was talented photographer but I failed him. I did not make him proud. I focused more on a job that i thought will bring food to the table and never risked doing what i love. I owe my dad an apology.
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

My beloved father is a real example of the man who never stops with what he got. Through whole his life he had many different passion: cycling, language learning, analog photography, 8mm videography (do you remember those analog cameras  without soundrecoder from early 80th that demanded special projector to project an image on the white wall?), fishing, underwater hunting, programming...   In all these hobbies he achieved quite good result, but never found satisfaction and always moved farther. This thirst for impressions is the most valuable thing  that I love in him. And he always tries to transmit his passion to those who around him, so this way he became a real teacher. Even now, as he is a pensioner, he continue to teach English in the public school in Transnistria, small unrecognized state that appeared on debris of former USSR. He is the first person in his country who provided System of Distance Education in public schools.In his mid-sixtieth he decided to teach his grandson (my son) rollerblading and started to rollerblade himself. For the first glimpse it looked completely insane, but we never doubted about him.
With DJI Spark I filmed my dad rollerbladed in his favourite skatepark in the center of Tiraspol, the capital of Transnistria. You can see it in the video bellow. Hope you enjoy and please click this Upvote button!

Nice story!
2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice story! Your dad is so cool! Thanks for sharing.
2019-6-12
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

I'm sad to say I wont be sharing any pictures or videos using DJI equipment of my Dad. He died 20 odd years ago when computers were only just becoming a household item and digital photography was in even more of it's infancy. But he would have been so interested in the drone technology of today and would have loved flying my Spark. He was a pilot in the second world war and when i got my first computer he was so interested in how my flight simulator worked. He'd constantly be giving me instructions on how to fly, and I'd have to be like "Dad, it's a simulator, it doesn't totally react the same way as your WW2 bomber!"

My dad is pictured on the right when he was about 19 and going through flight school. 1941ish

2019-6-12
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ihachem Posted at 6-12 16:29
I just want to take advantage of this thread and tell my dad that I am really sorry. He always thought I was talented photographer but I failed him. I did not make him proud. I focused more on a job that i thought will bring food to the table and never risked doing what i love. I owe my dad an apology.

Everyone's father will be proud of his children.
2019-6-12
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

RJB1 Posted at 6-12 19:11
I'm sad to say I wont be sharing any pictures or videos using DJI equipment of my Dad. He died 20 odd years ago when computers were only just becoming a household item and digital photography was in even more of it's infancy. But he would have been so interested in the drone technology of today and would have loved flying my Spark. He was a pilot in the second world war and when i got my first computer he was so interested in how my flight simulator worked. He'd constantly be giving me instructions on how to fly, and I'd have to be like "Dad, it's a simulator, it doesn't totally react the same way as your WW2 bomber!"

My dad is pictured on the right when he was about 19 and going through flight school. 1941ish

Story of your dad always will be the favorite for me personally and for many other people there, he won his contest 74 years ago and we don’t need any drone footage to be proud of him. It’s hard to imagine to be a real battle pilot in the real war. It’s more harder to imagine when you realize that these boys and girls were much younger then we now: 18-20 years old. Thank you that you told your story!
2019-6-12
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

Lysak2003 Posted at 6-12 21:29
Story of your dad always will be the favorite for me personally and for many other people there, he won his contest 74 years ago and we don’t need any drone footage to be proud of him. It’s hard to imagine to be a real battle pilot in the real war. It’s more harder to imagine when you realize that these boys and girls were much younger then we now: 18-20 years old. Thank you that you told your story!

Thanks Lysak. My Dad although he never said it, had a pretty good war. He trained in New Zealand then they shipped them to Canada for more training and he was finally shipped to England in about 1944. He only did 6 missions before being shot down. Well technically not shot down but shot up and limped back to the Uk and crash landed. By the time he was fully recuperated the war was over. When I was a kid his navigator who was Australian came to visit us in the UK. We went to an air museum where they had a B-26 like they flew. The curator opened it up especially for us. So my Dad and his navigator sat in the seats telling us story's.  
Sid,  Dads navigator is on the far left, my Dad is second on the right.

Me on the left saluting and Sid and my Dad and my brother.
2019-6-13
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RJB1 Posted at 6-13 00:07
Thanks Lysak. My Dad although he never said it, had a pretty good war. He trained in New Zealand then they shipped them to Canada for more training and he was finally shipped to England in about 1944. He only did 6 missions before being shot down. Well technically not shot down but shot up and limped back to the Uk and crash landed. By the time he was fully recuperated the war was over. When I was a kid his navigator who was Australian came to visit us in the UK. We went to an air museum where they had a B-26 like they flew. The curator opened it up especially for us. So my Dad and his navigator sat in the seats telling us story's.  
Sid,  Dads navigator is on the far left, my Dad is second on the right.
[view_image]

Thank you for sharing - he sounds like a very brave gent and you re right to be proud of him.
2019-6-13
Use props
LorMa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1230830 ft
Italy

So.. this is my first story about my dad.My father is an engineer and has always been interested in everything that could be technological. In my life I followed a similar but more artistic 'path', becoming an architect.
In the course of life the relationship between father and son develops and changes but remains incredibly strong.
A few years ago I bought my first DJI product (the great Phantom 2) and I start to share this new passion with him.
Of course after a few days my new passion has become his too!
We've done hundreds of flights, both piloting that fantastic new game. For Father's Day, a few years ago, I had the idea of combining some videos that he had shot over the months and dedicating them to him.
Thank you for giving me wings to fly.

My father's Eyes an aerial, true story.
This video is dedicated to all fathers and mothers of the world engaged with the fantastic adventure to give wings to sons.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/my-father-s-eyes-an-aerial-story-director-s-cut?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

2019-6-13
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

LorMa Posted at 6-13 06:53
So.. this is my first story about my dad.My father is an engineer and has always been interested in everything that could be technological. In my life I followed a similar but more artistic 'path', becoming an architect.
In the course of life the relationship between father and son develops and changes but remains incredibly strong.
A few years ago I bought my first DJI product (the great Phantom 2) and I start to share this new passion with him.

I feel like amazing doesn't do this video justice, too many people around here use that word for everything, but this was truly amazing both technically and pictorially.
2019-6-13
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LorMa Posted at 6-13 06:53

Very nicely done
2019-6-13
Use props
Dronie1981
lvl.4

Singapore

My Super Dad

Hi all, I am Lucas. I am 5 now. Here is a picture of me and my dad's back. This picture was taken when I was 2, when our family travel to China. My dad is an ideal person of my life. He is my hero and my best friend. He helps me a lot. He is a marketing manager. He is very cool, intelligent and brave. He helps me to solves math questions, gives me advices and more. I love my dad, thank you daddy!
And Happy Father's Day to all others!

Descriptions by my lovely son and written by me
2019-6-15
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Dronie1981 Posted at 6-15 04:35
My Super Dad
[view_image]
Hi all, I am Lucas. I am 5 now. Here is a picture of me and my dad's back. This picture was taken when I was 2, while our family travel to China. My dad is an ideal person of my life. He is my hero and my best friend. He helps me a lot. He is a marketing manager. He is very cool, intelligent and brave. He helps me to solves math questions, gives me advices and more. I love my dad, thank you daddy!

It is the cutest story of all there were written. Say hello and thank you to your son!
2019-6-15
Use props
Mavic 2017
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115748 ft
Czechia

My father... Person who never stops before every life chalange. He always knows what to do in every situation. My father is a doctor in Pilsen (Czech Republic) and I can be happy that I am his son. He is interested in taking gorgeous photos and videos of nature mainly early morning or in the evening when the light and colours are very interesting. Since his young age he has loved cameras but now a common photo equipment is not enough, so before two years we started looking at drones. When Mavic Pro was released he knew it is right for him. I think that Mavic Pro was better choice than GoPro Karma because Mavic is much smaller and more powerful drone. My father is a man with open mind and I hope he will be the same for next years.
20190330_211227.jpg
2019-6-15
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Mavic 2017 Posted at 6-15 08:58
My father... Person who never stops before every life chalange. He always knows what to do in every situation. My father is a doctor in Pilsen (Czech Republic) and I can be happy that I am his son. He is interested in taking gorgeous photos and videos of nature mainly early morning or in the evening when the light and colours are very interesting. Since his young age he has loved cameras but now a common photo equipment is not enough, so before two years we started looking at drones. When Mavic Pro was released he knew it is right for him. I think that Mavic Pro was better choice than GoPro Karma because Mavic is much smaller and more powerful drone. My father is a man with open mind and I hope he will be the same for next years.

Good story! I think your father is proud of you!
2019-6-15
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Can a father and daughter picture count as a entry? I think I don't have an aerial photograph with my father.

Just a simple picture of my daughter sitting on my shoulder. We will never know the love of a parents until we become a parents ourselves. I were very lucky to have a happy family with a lovely daughter. Just like what Reed Markham said, a child looks up at the stars and wonders, great father put a child on his shoulders and helps them to grab the star. A father take on a lot of responsibility and burden so we should appreciate their effort. Happy Father's Day!

2019-6-15
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

My father was killed by the U.S. government long before DJI existed.  He wrote weapons contracts in which his co-workers took to nations in the middle east that had no business buying such missiles.  Then one day my father was found mysteriously at the bottom of a hotel swimming pool.  I will never forget the sacrifices my father made for his family.  I will never forget what the United States did to him after his years of loyalty.  Sorry this isn't a goosebump story.  Not everybody celebrates fathers day.
2019-6-15
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maddox Posted at 6-15 19:43
Can a father and daughter picture count as a entry? I think I don't have an aerial photograph with my father.
[view_image]
Just a simple picture of my daughter sitting on my shoulder. We will never know the love of a parents until we become a parents ourselves. I were very lucky to have a happy family with a lovely daughter. Just like what Reed Markham said, a child looks up at the stars and wonders, great father put a child on his shoulders and helps them to grab the star. A father take on a lot of responsibility and burden so we should appreciate their effort. Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day! Great shot
2019-6-16
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

AJC-W Posted at 6-16 02:06
Happy Father's Day! Great shot

Thank you!
2019-6-16
Use props
Flyslinger2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81732 ft
United States

This is why I strive to best the best father and Grampy ever!
2019-6-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules