1 finger vs 2+ finger per stick control.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think I can fly smooth with just thumbs.  I need the pencil type method.
2019-6-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do you know that you don't have to start a new thread every time you have a random thought or take a photo ??
2019-6-9
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-9 04:54
Do you know that you don't have to start a new thread every time you have a random thought or take a photo ??

I do agree!
2019-6-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

2019-6-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-9 05:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk

LOL, very nice
2019-6-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for your insight with regard to this control stick handling method. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool appropriate reaction on #1 !
2019-6-10
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

shut up and go outside...
2019-6-10
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

maybe hes trying build up to captain lol
2019-6-10
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Labroides Posted at 6-9 04:54

Is he trying to break a record or something?
2019-6-10
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 6-10 14:44

turbo poster syndrome...
2019-6-10
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gee based on thread 6# we're all in deep doggie do do Brilliant find by the way.
2019-6-10
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe I'm the only one but this is a forum to discuss all things drones. Whilst I agree the OP is a ... prolific poster ... why not discuss things that randomly come to mind? As far as I know there is no rule stating you can't ... .

So, as for me, two fingers. That's for the sticks ...

2019-6-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 6-10 22:41
Maybe I'm the only one but this is a forum to discuss all things drones. Whilst I agree the OP is a ... prolific poster ... why not discuss things that randomly come to mind? As far as I know there is no rule stating you can't ... .

I say I will use 2 fingers but every time I go fly I don't lol.  Also I need to remember to focus stack.
2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

*DM* Posted at 6-10 22:41
Maybe I'm the only one but this is a forum to discuss all things drones. Whilst I agree the OP is a ... prolific poster ... why not discuss things that randomly come to mind? As far as I know there is no rule stating you can't ... .

Whilst I agree the OP is a ... prolific poster ... why not discuss things that randomly come to mind?

He's not just prolific.
He's prolifically inane, posting nonsense that just shows how little he understands anything.
2019-6-11
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-11 03:29
Whilst I agree the OP is a ... prolific poster ... why not discuss things that randomly come to mind?

He's not just prolific.

Probably to boost points/kudos etc
2019-6-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KEJ Posted at 6-11 05:40
Probably to boost points/kudos etc

Kudos?
Can you get negative kudos?
Every time he posts, he's just showing what a turkey he is.
2019-6-11
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-11 06:47
Kudos?
Can you get negative kudos?
Every time he posts, he's just showing what a turkey he is.

Tell me about it!

I just made a cup of tea, might whack a post up!

2019-6-11
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 6-10 14:44

I think he may be trying to take over the forum  !!!!!!!!!!1
2019-6-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Actually the subject of thumbs vs two finger on sticks is a common thread on all RC Forums I read ... it comes up now and again especially from newcomers.

As for me ? I use both ... if its a slow relaxing flyer like my gliders - I usually put thumb on top of stick and gently guide it around. But if its an out and out aerobatic / fast jobbie - then I prefer 'pinch' the sticks with thumb and forefinger.
2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-27 02:56
Actually the subject of thumbs vs two finger on sticks is a common thread on all RC Forums I read ... it comes up now and again especially from newcomers.

As for me ? I use both ... if its a slow relaxing flyer like my gliders - I usually put thumb on top of stick and gently guide it around. But if its an out and out aerobatic / fast jobbie - then I prefer 'pinch' the sticks with thumb and forefinger.

I've tried the pencil method but it's more difficult.  All that needs to happen is when you don't rest the fingers to a position where it's on a full stick in a direction, because when trying to come out the smoothness will be gone.  Kind of like not adjusting the motorcycle throttle grip so you can come off and brake easy.
2019-6-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Over the years I've got used to palm of hand and last three fingers holding the transmitter (RC) while thumb and forefinger do stick. I hate flying without a neck strap - so that holds the weight.

I actually find the DJI controller (P3) like my budget multi-rotors ... toy like .... compared to a standard RC transmitter. When I tried my pals Mavic - I felt like I was holding a Game Controller ... hated it !!
2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-27 12:01
Over the years I've got used to palm of hand and last three fingers holding the transmitter (RC) while thumb and forefinger do stick. I hate flying without a neck strap - so that holds the weight.

I actually find the DJI controller (P3) like my budget multi-rotors ... toy like .... compared to a standard RC transmitter. When I tried my pals Mavic - I felt like I was holding a Game Controller ... hated it !!

The Mavic 2 controller is hard to finesse because the sticks are so short throw.  With the Phantom, I'm able to have a more cinematic feel and brain to finger feels more natural on the screen.
2019-6-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

On all my 'controllers' - I max the stick length to give better resolution of movement. On my budget drones - because they have short stubby sticks - I lengthen them by adding rods.

Most of the smaller controllers are obviously designed for thumb to sit on top as they have the dished tops ... and is why they are short. Based on Game Controllers.
2019-6-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Extend the sticks and use the thumbs for precision control
2019-6-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

A J Posted at 6-28 00:38
Extend the sticks and use the thumbs for precision control

That's fine ...

Each person has a preference. As I mentioned - I use both styles ... which is dependent on what I am flying.

If I'm flying a hot machine with instant response and extreme manoeuvres - its the 'pinch method ' because small moves of stick even with expo have large effects. But with a slow fly glider or similar - then thumbs are fine as the lack of precision of thumb control is not a problem ... plus often you are moving sticks over wider range.
A DJI product is far away from the likes of 3D ... full on areobatics machines ....
2019-6-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 6-28 01:36
That's fine ...

Each person has a preference. As I mentioned - I use both styles ... which is dependent on what I am flying.

I find extending the sticks to the highest points and using thumbs work best for me for when I need more precision control then lower the sticks when I precision is less important. I guess it all comes down to personal preference.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules