1795 10 2019-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Has any other fellow Canadians taken the basic pilots exam certificate that was implemented June 01 2019? would love to hear your thoughts.I just completed and passed it however i thought i was taking an exam to fly to outer space, completeley over the top!
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Visual Air. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI Canadian co pilots who already took the said exam ( Canadian Basic Pilot Certificate Exam ). Thank you.
2019-6-9
Use props
vmaidensphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6352 ft
Canada

I did the same today, got 92% and was shocked at why a drone pilot might worry about getting hypoxia?

Seriously it might be the strangest tax grab I've seen in a long time
2019-6-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Took the test in January and passed easily, however I do have a private pilot's licence.  I thought some of the questions were completely off base for drone pilots, like questions about radio communication. Crazy.  Might go for the Advanced test if DJI ever gets its drones approved for flying "over" people as opposed to "near" people.  Spark and Mavic Air with prop guards could be safely flown over people.
2019-6-9
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I agree some of the questions seemed a bit much.  However, when people keep saying some of the questions have nothing to do with flying a drone it must be remembered that this drone licence covers much more than the multi-rotor drones most are flying.   It also covers fixed wing drones of various sizes which of course require questions pertaining to flying those aircraft.

I don't agree it is a money grab as I've heard people say.  It's a program to keep people on the ground, drone pilots, and commercial/private aircraft safe and out of each others airspace.  
I think we will still see the new rules and available study materials evolve over time.
2019-6-10
Use props
vmaidensphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6352 ft
Canada

Far_North Posted at 6-10 07:39
I agree some of the questions seemed a bit much.  However, when people keep saying some of the questions have nothing to do with flying a drone it must be remembered that this drone licence covers much more than the multi-rotor drones most are flying.   It also covers fixed wing drones of various sizes which of course require questions pertaining to flying those aircraft.

I don't agree it is a money grab as I've heard people say.  It's a program to keep people on the ground, drone pilots, and commercial/private aircraft safe and out of each others airspace.  

You do make a good point.

I still think this is a tax grab, any kid who has a drone or anyone who isn't the most studious or capable of using google quickly isn't going to pass it. The questions are all over the map, it needs to be more focused to the actual application. I had 3 different altitude health questions that no one on the ground would ever encounter. So they are pulling questions randomly from a huge pool of what they ask a proper pilot.

If you're at all google savvy you can walk into it blind with no study at all and pass, and you're no more capable of safe flight as you were before you started.

People are going to fail and pay that $10 over and over until they give up and quit flying or fly illegally.

I think the intentions are great, I'm happy to register and be licensed but there needs to be some real education behind it.

Does anyone know if people are being told about the requirement to license and register at point of purchase now?

I
2019-6-10
Use props
Stroodle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2524544 ft
Canada

I spend 1 1/2 hours going over the material a YouTuber had suggested for what is needed - that 1 1/2 just showed the areas to research further. I loved the "Parachute recovery portion"???? I'm a rule follower by nature but for the areas I fly and people I never encounter while flying makes it VERY hard for me to support this money grab.  I realize, as mentioned above, that this covers more than drones but I don't give a crap about that.  It is my DJI product only that I fly - I don't own fixed wing and never will.  If I ever decide to get my aircraft pilots license, I will then go through this, until then I'm flying my drone responsibly and in remote areas. My DJI doesn't even lift off the ground anywhere near my closest airport.  Money grab in my situation.  Really not in support of this attempt at grounding the average rural flyer.  Just my opinion and I know everyone has theirs.
2019-6-10
Use props
knoxster69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210 ft
Canada

I took the test today.  I've been flying drones for about 2 years and had previously familiarized myself with much of the content.  I did not do any extended study at all.  And I passed with 85 %.  Much of it is common sense except for a few aeronautical and radio call stuff that ... well, when my drone has an ATC radio, I'll worry about that then.  

The city of Calgary is about as anti-drone as you can get.  The CPS website basically says you can't even fly your drone in your own backyard!  (And they're not exaggerating, you can't!) I leave the city for my flights and it's a damn shame cause it's a beautiful city.  

The test - I was really stressed about it but it turns out that I had no reason to stress.  Not sure if I'll go for advanced, seems like a headache for very little gain in this city.
2019-6-15
Use props
BiancaMitford
lvl.1

Ukraine

I think this is a rather difficult exam for the pilot, as the profession itself requires full concentration, knowledge, good physical shape, and endurance. I know that in order to become a pilot you need higher education. It is very important. At the university, many are faced with writing thesis. I know how to write quickly and efficiently, you just need to click here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=191225&page=1&extra=#pid2026619 to visit the thesis writing series. Being a professional editor and writer with great knowledge, I also have excessive experience in editing and writing, so I can easily help you. The editor’s many years of experience allow me to help students study better at college and university. I am really interested in helping every student. I hope you successfully pass this pilot test. Write about your results here.
2019-12-9
Use props
BiancaMitford
lvl.1

Ukraine

Good luck!
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_rY2tAfdXnsBz
New

Canada

Hello I just purchased a dji spark . I'm using it to do aerial photography for construction site use . Where do I find a practice test for the pilot licence test.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules