Why is Zenmuse x4s not supported in DJI pilot
4054 13 2019-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Sometimes I wish DJI would get their programmers together and talk to each other about their products. Why is the Zenmuse x4s not supported in DJI pilot but it is in GS Pro? They will say it is because it is no longer sold. That does not mean we are no longer using it as soon as they remove it from sale. Some of us like to keep using the equipment we buy for mega dollars!  It is not a big deal to keep previous cameras in the list of cameras for DJI pilot. Now I have to add it as a custom camera and now I have to scan the internet trying to find all the details which I can't find. Anyone have them?
I wish there was just one mapping product from DJI. Bit annoying to have DJI RTK, DJI GS Pro, DJI Pilot, DJI Terra and all are different. If they mixed them together and made one product it would be awesome!
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day choppedxs. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. Let me please forward this information/thread to the designated DJI department. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-10
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Hi choppedxs,

I was wondering which aircraft were you flying using X4S/DJI Pilot? Matrice series?
2019-6-13
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Yep thats the one. M200 with Klau geomatics ppk unit
2019-6-13
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

It is amazing that X4s is still unsupported in DJI Pilot, while it is still available in GS Pro V2.
2019-7-25
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

It is hilarious  that X4s is still unsupported in DJI Pilot, while there is X7 available for mapping. On the other hand DJI GS Pro V2 is still unavailable for Crystalsky... So, for proper workflow I have to change Crystalsky for Apple iPad...
PS I fly M210 RTK V2 for survey and inspection, and I find X4s very useful. Unfortunately it seems that DJI abandoned X4s same as they abandoned Phantom 4 Pro - to make room for much pricier products that don't work in such universal way...
2019-7-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOP for DJI...
2019-7-25
Use props
JohnJWitcher
New

United States

Thanks for asking
2019-8-7
Use props
ddraun
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-10 11:30
Hello and good day choppedxs. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. Let me please forward this information/thread to the designated DJI department. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.

Hi DJI Stephen!

I am having the same trouble with Inspire 1 (X3) and DJI Pilot. Any suggestion?
Thanks!
2019-10-28
Use props
mn037608\
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12142 ft
United States

Any updates on this one DJI?  Its many months later and in the last 3 weeks just spend a ton of $$s on the 210 RTK V2, failed with the DJI Authorized Dealers recommendation of the EXPENSIVE X7 to then buy the X4S as is recommended by the folks who actually use your products, to then find the same issue as above!  Unsupported, not found in the Pilot App, not supported on the CrystalSky ... DITO, DITO, DITO!  I also need the details to load the X4S as a custom camera and can find no specs that match what is required to be added into the camera details.
2019-10-29
Use props
mn037608\
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12142 ft
United States

OMG!  and we're still dealing with the fact that our products don't register and show correctly?  Can't get the Mavic 2 Enterprise or the Matrice to show up in my profile, but you can populate the Ronin-SC?
2019-10-29
Use props
grant hosticka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

You can input custom camera parameters on DJI PILOT for the X4S by selecting "Custom Camera" from the drop down menu. You would input:

Zenmuse X4S
Photo Size (Width): 5472
Photo Size (Height): 3648
Sensor Size (Width): 13.1mm
Sensor Size (Height): 8.767mm
Focal Length: 8.8mm

You can also utilize GSPro on iPadOS for this use case if you are looking for more advanced mapping options, just select the Zenmuse X4S as your camera.
2020-4-8
Use props
grant hosticka
lvl.4
United States

You can input custom camera parameters on DJI PILOT for the X4S by selecting "Custom Camera" from the drop down menu. You would input:

Zenmuse X4S
Photo Size (Width): 5472
Photo Size (Height): 3648
Sensor Size (Width): 13.1mm
Sensor Size (Height): 8.767mm
Focal Length: 8.8mm

You can also utilize GSPro on iPadOS for this use case if you are looking for more advanced mapping options, just select the Zenmuse X4S as your camera.
2020-4-8
Use props
grant hosticka
lvl.4
United States

Unsure why that posted two times and unable to delete
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules