Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Big fan of DJI Products - Sadly, Worst Customer Service
12Next >
2558 79 2019-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_L69FVBcuFKU0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 424350 ft
Canada

I am not the type to complain, but this is seriously the worst customer service I have ever received.

I contacted DJI around May 18th 2019 to repair my controller/mavic air. It seems like DJI is dragging this issue out until my warranty expires next week, June 15th 2019.

My Mavic Air has had multiple problems (e.g. telling me I’m in a no fly zone when I am not, beeping controller, unpredictable return to home that had me jump into a lake to save the drone - clipped my finger on the drone when the motors did not shut off even after flipping it upside down).

Online support referred me to my local DJI authorized repair shop, and they returned my drone back to me with the same problem returning two days later. The DJI supervisor told me to send the drone to China. I run an aerial videography business for real estate and weddings, and the random mavic air issues have already cost me several clients, my time/gas, and is wrecking my reputation. Cancelling on weddings booked months in advance in order to send the drone to China (5-7 business days not including shipping time) does not sound like a reasonable solution. The supervisor, Ramone, ensured me that a technician would call me the next day to talk me through my mavic air issues. When I finally got through to him and called him out for not following through with his promise, he said “sir, sorry, I forgot, I have a lot on my plate right now”.

When I asked the supervisor, Ramone, “what kind of customer service does DJI provide when they don’t call back FOUR CONSECUTIVE TIMES after my case has been “set to high priority”, he responded “sir, we don’t have customer service, we have product technical support”. He then informed me that I don’t even have a case because I did not send my drone to China to be looked at (even though I definitely had a case open with the DJI authorized repair shop - how is that possible, you’re telling me they don’t communicate with each other?).

Long story short, my mavic air has not been performing as advertised, and after being a loyal customer with DJI (I purchased the DJI Spark, Osmo Pocket, and Mavic Air), they do not admit to not following through with their promises, and refused to send me an email documenting the promises that they made on the phone. Somehow, even though “I don’t have a case open”, he put on my file internally that if I get the drone back again after sending it to China, and still have issues shortly after my warranty expires, they will send me a new drone. Well, I currently have no proof of that in writing and feel that if I do run into issues again after warranty expires, I will have no evidence of their false promises.

Genuinely the worst customer service - sorry I forgot - they “don’t have customer service”. They got that part right!

I will definitely be giving my business to another drone company in the future if the issue is not resolved in a fair and reasonable manner. When you spend over $1300 CAD on something (without any crashes), you expect the product to work as advertised.
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am terribly sorry for the difficulties and the unpleasant experience with our support. Could you please PM me your phone number and your available email? I will forward your case to the designated team to investigate the details and assist. We will also learn from the case and enhance the coach and keep improving our service. Sincerely apologize for the troubles again.
2019-6-9
Use props
xxemericaxx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1214177 ft
United States

This sounds exactly like what happened to me. DJI has no ownership of their products after sale. Their philosophy, is to blame the customer for the product malfunction, punish them with horrible shipping and processing times as well as fees, and don't even bother to fix the issue.

DJI.. how about you set up a customer call center in America, where I can speak to someone who is American, and not some guy in China who has no idea how customer service in America works. I don't want to ship my stuff, I dont want to wait a DAY to have someone return my call. I don't understand why issues can't be resolved immediately. How difficult is it to pay for overnight shipping or ship me a replacement as soon as I put a ticket in..
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

xxemericaxx Posted at 6-10 17:27
This sounds exactly like what happened to me. DJI has no ownership of their products after sale. Their philosophy, is to blame the customer for the product malfunction, punish them with horrible shipping and processing times as well as fees, and don't even bother to fix the issue.

DJI.. how about you set up a customer call center in America, where I can speak to someone who is American, and not some guy in China who has no idea how customer service in America works. I don't want to ship my stuff, I dont want to wait a DAY to have someone return my call. I don't understand why issues can't be resolved immediately. How difficult is it to pay for overnight shipping or ship me a replacement as soon as I put a ticket in..

Hi xxemericaxx, if the product has malfunction under warranty, we will provide the warranty service. We do not provide the overnight shipping when sending in the device at the moment, but your need will be forwarded to our management to keep optimizing our policy.
The replacement is unable to be sent back in advance without receiving the original device because we need to diagnose the device to locate the problem first, thanks for your understanding.
Please provide us more details of what problem you are having with our product, we'd like to help, thank you.
2019-6-10
Use props
xxemericaxx
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-10 19:56
Hi xxemericaxx, if the product has malfunction under warranty, we will provide the warranty service. We do not provide the overnight shipping when sending in the device at the moment, but your need will be forwarded to our management to keep optimizing our policy.
The replacement is unable to be sent back in advance without receiving the original device because we need to diagnose the device to locate the problem first, thanks for your understanding.
Please provide us more details of what problem you are having with our product, we'd like to help, thank you.

DJI Thor,

If you read through these forums, you will again and again find cases where people have made warranty claims and DJI rejects them as 'pilot error'. I get it, some of it may be pilot error but not 100% of them are, DJI immediately assumes blame to the customer and not its product, rather than doing so, how about you listen to us and act on what we're saying, rather than forwarding this and that to who knows where, how about you take action.  Like i said, talking to someone in China who cannot understand the situation and only 'forward' or 'escalate' cases to another person in China DOES NOT HELP to solve issues.

For anyone reading this, when they tell you they will forward it, its basically like marking it spam, don't expect anything different. This is how this company operates.

DJI stop claiming you have customer service. you do not.

not once did you offer this guy or anyone else in this forum a gift for their trouble.. NOT ONCE. How about.. hey, i'm sorry we suck, here's a $10 DJI credit.. or hey i',m sorry our forwarding requests system goes no where, here's a free prop.

NOTHING.
2019-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Just to clarify, when we receive customer feedback about the service, we will need to investigate the details of the case and confirm what happened. Please accept our sincere apology if we had caused any troubles. We will also learn from specific cases and keep improving our service. Your suggestion will be noted.
If you had encountered any issue with us, please let me know the details, I will do my best to help.
2019-6-11
Use props
xxemericaxx
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor,

There is nothing anyone on DJI is willing to do to help. I've learned that the hardway.

Here's my experience, you tell me how you can help.   NOTE:  I will not accept, I will forward this case to ... as an acceptable answer, I want to know what YOU can do, YOU.

I experienced connection issues on my Mavic 2 Pro after receiving it back from repair, I called your customer service line, they told me to update the firmware, fine. done. The problem is still there, then they told me to put my phone on airplane mode, fine, done. problem still there, then they told me to fly in a different location.. okay now i get it, they don't know what the problem is and they're wasting my time.

There was something obviously wrong with the remote, their suggestion was that I ship it back to the repair facility in California via your shipping label via UPS, well that takes 4 business days from where I am, plus 2-3 days for your repair facility to acknowledge receipt, plus another 2-3 days for repair, plus the added 4 business days to be delivered to be from UPS.
This equates to 3 weeks, I understand you can control how fast your facility handles repairs, and that can vary based on the problem, okay thats ok. However, why should I wait 2 weeks with shipping something that was sent to me broken? In today's world that's simply a waste of time, shipping can easily be expedited to 2days MINIMUM, but DJI refused to take responsibility and get me faster shipping.

Okay?

Next,  I asked how about you send me a new remote, immediately, then I ship you my broken one, this way, i don't care how long it takes to get there and here, my lost flying days is 0. NOPE. DJI does not do that.

Okay?

So tell me, what can you do to help a customer?? You refused to understand my frustration that because DJI sent me a broken remote I cannot safely fly my Mavic 2, and the fix is for me to wait 3 plus weeks for a MAYBE fix, and you will probably tell me that I broke it and charge me a fee, because its not under warranty. You also refused to upgrade my shipping, so we don't waste time when its not necessary, and you refused to do anything that would help me get back to flying my drone faster.

Tell me what can you do to help?

During the whole process i had to wait 24 to 48 hours to hear back from a supervisor, why??? Oh yeah, because all of your folks are in CHINA.. which is 24 hours difference to the US.

Its alot of waiting around, with no resolution. Forwarding this, escalating that, doesn't help.

We need you guys to take charge, issue faster shipping labels IMMEDIATELY, Send new items to replace broken ones IMMEDIATELY, that helps your customer. Do you understand?

2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

xxemericaxx Posted at 6-13 08:47
DJI Thor,

There is nothing anyone on DJI is willing to do to help. I've learned that the hardway.

Hi xxemericaxx, I managed to get your previous case number via your Forum account, we apologize for the troubles with the RC after the repair service, this is not what we expect and would like to do our best to help.
Upon checking the last communication by our higher level team, we cannot provide expedited inbound but we can process expedited outbound shipping if the malfunction is from the product.
Please forgive us the replacement cannot be sent to you in advance without sending in because we need to evaluate the device to locate the problem.
Our supervisor has contacted and explained all these but received no response from you, your request has been escalated again, please note the call back, thank you.
2019-6-14
Use props
xxemericaxx
First Officer
United States

As I explained earlier,

What is the point of your supervisors solution? All you're going to do is tell me that its not part of the warranty, give me a fee and get it back to me 2 weeks later. How does that help? Explain I need to fly everyday. Do you understand that?
2019-6-14
Use props
xxemericaxx
First Officer
United States

All you need to do, is say

"Sir, we're sorry for the inconvenience, we have shipped a new one, here is the tracking number for the new remote, send us the old one when you get the new one"

Our customer services strives to make you, our customer happy.

BUT NO. You can't.
2019-6-14
Use props
fansdcb89e45
New

United States

I completely agree. The customer service is so bad. I have been a DJI supporter since the first Phantom. But getting shipped with issues to China or wherever, you can't speak with anyone, no managers, they refuse to tell you where they are in the world, they see your issue from inside a prisim - for such a large firm with a good product, the service S-U-C-K-S!
2019-6-16
Use props
fansdcb89e45
New

United States

xxemericaxx Posted at 6-10 17:27

100% agree. My Spark went into auto land mode over water. Splash and death. Took off fine with other drones right with me, flight recorder starts over the water, not over the land where I took off, gets a low GPS signal, I hover then try to return. it says it's auto landing, overrides me and splashdown. And somehow I did this? It was nuts!
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fansdcb89e45 Posted at 6-16 15:06
100% agree. My Spark went into auto land mode over water. Splash and death. Took off fine with other drones right with me, flight recorder starts over the water, not over the land where I took off, gets a low GPS signal, I hover then try to return. it says it's auto landing, overrides me and splashdown. And somehow I did this? It was nuts!

Hi there, sorry for your loss and the unpleasant experience with our customer service. Sure we have the manager to communicate with, you can always contact our support team in working hours about your concern and request.
I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the incident was caused due to the improper flight environment.
1. The aircraft was launched from a Restricted Zone; there was no enough GPS signal for the aircraft to recognize its position, and the aircraft worked under Opti mode after taking off;
2. Flight Time T=00:20, Relative Height H=11.1 m, the aircraft received enough GPS and entered into GPS mode and recorded the home point;
3. T=00:29, H=11.1 m, D=1 m, Landing was triggered due to the Restricted Zone;
4. T=00:54, H=-6.2 m, D=6.6 m, the aircraft landed into the water.
Please check the screenshot below of how the aircraft behaves when flying in GEO zones and let us know if you have further questions.
GTScreenshot_20190617_114846.png

2019-6-16
Use props
xxemericaxx
First Officer
United States

fansdcb89e45 Posted at 6-16 15:06

That sounds horrible!

Notice, 'Mindy' completely ignored what is said.
2019-6-17
Use props
xxemericaxx
First Officer
United States

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

For the record, and every future customer reading this.

It is clear as crystal. DJI will ignore you.

"Mindy" has yet to address any of my concerns above. Simply ignore..

2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

I have explained in 8# about your proposal, your case has also been escalated before but received no further response from you. Sorry that I do not have the right to ship you a replacement in advance and then you send in the old RC, what we can do is to escalate your concern to the higher level team and I already did that. I have informed the team to contact you as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.
2019-6-20
Use props
BeamsBox
New
Flight distance : 107362 ft
United States

Unfortunately I did not see this in time.

I agree completely, DJI customer service has been the worst service of my life. Long story short, I will never be buying ANYTHING from this company again. Save yourself the hassle and avoid being ignored by this company. It has been two months. Complete waste of two months of my life. Never again. Ridiculous experience. Ridiculous company. Go elsewhere. thanks
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

BeamsBox Posted at 8-30 18:08
Unfortunately I did not see this in time.

I agree completely, DJI customer service has been the worst service of my life. Long story short, I will never be buying ANYTHING from this company again. Save yourself the hassle and avoid being ignored by this company. It has been two months. Complete waste of two months of my life. Never again. Ridiculous experience. Ridiculous company. Go elsewhere. thanks

Hi BeamsBox, we sincerely apologize if you have any unpleasant experience with our customer service, may we have more details of what happened so that we can help and keep improving our service?
2019-8-30
Use props
jwyoung
lvl.1

I work for a Police Dept. I use the Matrice 210. It has had nothing, but issues since we got it less than a year ago. I have sent it back three times now. Each time I get some BS answer if I get an answer at all. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Vice President (Mario Rebello) of DJI North America. This is the worst customer service I have ever had in my life.
2019-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jwyoung Posted at 9-6 14:01
I work for a Police Dept. I use the Matrice 210. It has had nothing, but issues since we got it less than a year ago. I have sent it back three times now. Each time I get some BS answer if I get an answer at all. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Vice President (Mario Rebello) of DJI North America. This is the worst customer service I have ever had in my life.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I have your previous and current case numbers for better assistance? Thanks in advance!
2019-9-6
Use props
fansa852c819
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30059 ft

Chiming in with another example of horrible customer service, and not my first! I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and a Smart Controller. I used the stock controller once or twice and switched over to the Smart Controller. A week later I pulled the old controller out of the case to put into a new hard case I had bought and the 5D button had fallen out and was in the bottom of the bag. I called the next day and setup a warranty case. It took over a week for them to send a shipping label, and another week later they send an online invoice for $79.24. I was pretty upset as this was a brand-new product and clearly defective, there are no signs of damage and a button had literally fallen off. I called back and a week later they “reviewed” my case and stuck with their original assessment that I had pulled off the 5D button, which is completely untrue. Every problem I’ve had with a DJI product is met with the same automatic blame on the customer and they always refuse service. This is my 4th drone I’ve had and 3rd issue I’ve had with DJI’s service department. I’m a professional photographer and own a lot of gear, honestly I’ve never received such poor customer service from any company, Profoto, Nikon, Canon, Phase One, Apple are miles better when you need help. DJI makes a nice product, but their service is so infuriating and awesful, it doesn’t ever make me want to buy from them again.
2019-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa852c819 Posted at 9-14 08:01
Chiming in with another example of horrible customer service, and not my first! I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and a Smart Controller. I used the stock controller once or twice and switched over to the Smart Controller. A week later I pulled the old controller out of the case to put into a new hard case I had bought and the 5D button had fallen out and was in the bottom of the bag. I called the next day and setup a warranty case. It took over a week for them to send a shipping label, and another week later they send an online invoice for $79.24. I was pretty upset as this was a brand-new product and clearly defective, there are no signs of damage and a button had literally fallen off. I called back and a week later they “reviewed” my case and stuck with their original assessment that I had pulled off the 5D button, which is completely untrue. Every problem I’ve had with a DJI product is met with the same automatic blame on the customer and they always refuse service. This is my 4th drone I’ve had and 3rd issue I’ve had with DJI’s service department. I’m a professional photographer and own a lot of gear, honestly I’ve never received such poor customer service from any company, Profoto, Nikon, Canon, Phase One, Apple are miles better when you need help. DJI makes a nice product, but their service is so infuriating and awesful, it doesn’t ever make me want to buy from them again.

Sorry to read the unpleasant experience. I managed to get your case number via the forum information, and escalated to the management for double check, the team will review and contact you during working time soon.
2019-9-15
Use props
Mirrorslap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30059 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 9-15 01:24
Sorry to read the unpleasant experience. I managed to get your case number via the forum information, and escalated to the management for double check, the team will review and contact you during working time soon.

I appreciate the attentiveness of the social media team; however, I received a call from someone in repairs, and again they have refused to help me with my controller. I'm not really sure why this guy called, he just wasted 20 minutes of my time. His explanations made no sense, the product wasn't damaged by use or abuse. The last repair person told me I pulled the button off, I didn't' do that, as I know how to operate the controller. That person also stated that DJI never makes defective parts, never is a piece of plastic molded incorrectly, never is anything assembled incorrectly, that attitude is the inherent problem with this company, shift the blame on the customer. This current service guy said I damaged it inside, on the board, again this makes no sense. He also said, well you paid for the repair, we can't give you a refund. I'm so over DJI's horrible customer service and attitude, I’ve never dealt with a company that treats customers like this.
2019-9-16
Use props
tc20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222579 ft
Hong Kong

Case: CAS-3788886-H8K6N7

I found this thread from doing a quick search on Google. I'm actually not surprised with all of these claims since I just experienced one of the worst customer service in my life.

I own a Mavic 2 Pro and have been using it casually for just over 8 months, and suddenly the controller dies and doesn't charge at all.

I took it to the DJI service center in Hong Kong and handed it in to them for inspection. Note that before I gave it in, the service staff casually mentioned that if it's 'water damaged' it will not be covered under warranty. I wasn't suspicious of this statement, but I sure am now!

I was completely fine with hearing this in the moment, since I am 100% sure that it was never within 20 meters from water for the last 8 months I've used it. I've also never flown in rain, and the controller has been literally sitting in my room, next to my drone, for at least a week before trying to use it again.

After an hour of inspection, they came back with a picture (honestly, you can't even tell it's my controller) and say that it's water damaged and therefore does not fall under warranty. Immediately I got quoted for a brand new remote which is about US$300.

The service staff said "[I] have two options: leave the controller here, or pay the fee for a new one". I was extremely offended by this since he's basically putting the blame on me. I'm not a technician so I can't tell from pictures on whether or not the insides of the controller is even damaged in any way.

I told the staff that I am not happy with these options and want him to escalate the issue. Throughout my dealings with him, he always came off as slightly rude, or perhaps he is just miserable and hates his job.

The customer service contacted me through email 2 days later and said that I still have to cover the costs for a new remote. That's extremely absurd.

You're basically telling me that your controllers can malfunction and die anytime, anywhere, regardless of weather conditions.

As customers we're paying a good amount of money for these products. I even paid for the Care Refresh plan for extra insurance, and yet I have to cover the costs for a flawed/defective remote controller?

I've been actively promoting your brand and products through social media and friends since owning your drones and gimbals and this is what I get in return? Seriously, you guys can't even own up to a faulty remote controller?

Perhaps I should consider looking into taking proper action against your claims and how you handled my case, for all I know you could have damaged my controller with water in your service room.

Ultimately, based on my emails with your staff, I think your strategy with dealing with complaints is just to blame your customers for any product damages/faults and waste our time with your robotic and repetitive responses, until we eventually just give in to spending even more money towards your company in order to make use of our investments.

Great tactic DJI.

Great products. Extremely disappointing after sales and customer service.
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

tc20 Posted at 11-26 23:24
Case: CAS-3788886-H8K6N7

I found this thread from doing a quick search on Google. I'm actually not surprised with all of these claims since I just experienced one of the worst customer service in my life.

Hi tc20, we apologize for the difficulties with the RC and the unpleasant experience with our support team. Upon checking the case, it has already been escalated to the higher-level team who has explained the actual situation and provided the final resolution.
All the damage assessment is based on the device when we received, there is absolutely no way our staff damaged the product on purpose. Please take the resolution that our Customer Care Team provided into consideration, thanks for your understanding.
2019-11-27
Use props
tc20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222579 ft
Hong Kong

So your products are susceptible to getting water damaged in dry places? It still does not address the underlying problem here.

How can I trust that the new remote I am forced to pay for will not get affected by water in dry areas? I think it's only natural that the person flying will only feel another layer of insecurity when using your products moving forward.
2019-11-27
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

I'm having the same problem. I sent and email to DJI support team. The reply is totally not what I would expect from a technical support team. the queston is why I am not seeing the option to set RTH based on battery level and why is my drone/app not returning the drone after low batt notice/warning pops up after minutes. The answer I got from DJI Technical Support is : As of the moment we don't have that option. We will forward your ideas to the concern team for their further review.

That is a fail safe design already built in the app/Mavic Mini....how is that not an option ?

Someone please help me !
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Dzulkernian747 Posted at 12-10 23:23
I'm having the same problem. I sent and email to DJI support team. The reply is totally not what I would expect from a technical support team. the queston is why I am not seeing the option to set RTH based on battery level and why is my drone/app not returning the drone after low batt notice/warning pops up after minutes. The answer I got from DJI Technical Support is : As of the moment we don't have that option. We will forward your ideas to the concern team for their further review.

That is a fail safe design already built in the app/Mavic Mini....how is that not an option ?

Hi there, we've replied your this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-204060-1-1.html
2019-12-11
Use props
fansa699ed8a
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-9 19:39
I am terribly sorry for the difficulties and the unpleasant experience with our support. Could you please PM me your phone number and your available email? I will forward your case to the designated team to investigate the details and assist. We will also learn from the case and enhance the coach and keep improving our service. Sincerely apologize for the troubles again.

I am in the process of currently dealing with the worst customer service experience of my life! DJI is literally ruining my business, I sent my Inspire 2 in to have the cinecore replaced for $1000, I had both raw licenses. I've had the drone back now for nearly two months without my $1500 license key that I need to use my $900 hard drive. I have called 5 times and sent in my cinecore serial number and a copy of my receipt and they say they're still processing
2019-12-17
Use props
fansa699ed8a
lvl.1

United States

I am in the process of currently dealing with the worst customer service experience of my life! DJI is literally ruining my business, I sent my Inspire 2 in to have the cinecore replaced for $1000, I had both raw licenses. I've had the drone back now for nearly two months without my $1500 license key that I need to use my $900 hard drive. I have called 5 times and sent in my cinecore serial number and a copy of my receipt and they say they're still processing
2019-12-17
Use props
fansa699ed8a
lvl.1

United States

2019-12-17
Use props
fansa699ed8a
lvl.1

United States

2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fansa699ed8a Posted at 12-17 17:33

You have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, I failed to get your case number via your Forum account, may we have the case number and the serial number of of your CineCore for further verification? Thank you in advance.
2019-12-18
Use props
fans93d4849a
lvl.1

Portugal

I have the same problem. My drone got out of control, I sent it to DJI who accused me of pilot error. The drone was under warranty and wanted to charge 150 € for the repair, which I did not accept, as I had no responsibility.
It's a shame for DJI not to honor the warranty. (Sorry for the bad writing). CAS-2685929-J5G7T9
2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fans93d4849a Posted at 12-19 09:38
I have the same problem. My drone got out of control, I sent it to DJI who accused me of pilot error. The drone was under warranty and wanted to charge 150 € for the repair, which I did not accept, as I had no responsibility.
It's a shame for DJI not to honor the warranty. (Sorry for the bad writing). CAS-2685929-J5G7T9

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. As per checking, the crash happened at T=09:11, h=5.8m, d=64.9m, the aircraft crashed when ascending. Please kindly note that the aircraft could not sense or avoid obstacles that are not within the detection range, please fly with caution.
If you have any questions about the data analysis, please kindly let us know the details, we will do our best to help.
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_4yVruiAiWuNR
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2019-6-9 19:39

I’m with the OP.

When I purchased my Phantom 4 Pro a couple years ago I had no problems.

this time I purchased a Mavic2 Pro with smart controller and extra parts that since they were on the same page as the Mavic 2 Pro in my pre cart pick I added the prop guards and extra propellers.

It was shipped on 14 Dec and arrived a few hours from my home in Memphis TN on the 19th of Dec. Had a 21 Dec delivery date.

On the 22 I checked to see what happened since it didn’t arrive by c”end of day”.  It was held in US Customs for missing commercial invoice, missing anti dumping documents as well as other docs.

I spent hours on phone with DJI, more hours on their chat room, I made a video of all of my chat sessions and the back and forth.

Needless to say the drone didn’t make it for my son for Christmas.

It was delivered on 26 Dec. as soon as we received it I attempted to put the guard in and it would not fit. Contacted DJI again and they made me video the problem. I did as requested and sent
1-2 22:53
Use props
djiuser_4yVruiAiWuNR
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_4yVruiAiWuNR Posted at 1-2 22:53
I’m with the OP.

When I purchased my Phantom 4 Pro a couple years ago I had no problems.

The video in an email. Then another string of chats with three different reps and they kept referring me back to DJI USA after sales rep who in turn would send me right back to chat.

That was when it was discovered that the blades didn’t fit. They noticed that on the invoice yet knowing that they asked me to open the boxes to prove they wouldn’t fit.

One rep had the audacity to ask me if I owned a Mavic 1. My reply “look in your system, you know what I have”.

They promised to replace my stuff if I paid return shipping. Well that was what I had been asking for many many hours.

4 Days and more hours wasted I finally received an RMA in email and they said put “refund” on the package. Yet another email to the pathetic customer service generated a reply “it is easier to refund than replace and I can order more parts while I await for the refund”.

Well I did order more parts from Amazon and they all came in and they all fit. No hassles.

So now I am working on my video to share my story
1-2 23:00
Use props
djiuser_4yVruiAiWuNR
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_4yVruiAiWuNR Posted at 1-2 23:00
The video in an email. Then another string of chats with three different reps and they kept referring me back to DJI USA after sales rep who in turn would send me right back to chat.

That was when it was discovered that the blades didn’t fit. They noticed that on the invoice yet knowing that they asked me to open the boxes to prove they wouldn’t fit.

On Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo  and with all of my friends.

They blame me for the problems, all of them even documentation , I can’t make this stuff up.

I would hate to think what happens on “Refresh” claim. oMG, prob take a year to get a refurbished replacement.

My next large purchase for a drone will def not be with DJI, live the Drone(s) but lack of customer service, lack of compassion is a deal breaker at this point.

DJI USA was also a joke, even though a “supervisor” was sup to help me out, I got nowhere but right back in chat room.

I even had a phone call - after my RMA email and the guy calling from China said “ he had a return call request”. It was so stupid, he as well as everyone asked the same questions. Emails asked repeated questions with every dif rep. All they had to do is read the email string.

After not wanting to reexplain my situation I hung up in the rep that called me. Not worth my time .

I sure hope they clean up their act.
1-2 23:07
Use props
djiuser_4yVruiAiWuNR
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-20 03:28
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. As per checking, the crash happened at T=09:11, h=5.8m, d=64.9m, the aircraft crashed when ascending. Please kindly note that the aircraft could not sense or avoid obstacles that are not within the detection range, please fly with caution.
If you have any questions about the data analysis, please kindly let us know the details, we will do our best to help.

How about DJI firmware updates that recalibrate the craft? That happened to me two nights ago while filming my light show.

I noticed the drone had a difficult time hovering. ( I know you see everything we record). I ended up landing and that’s when I got all kinds of warnings. Could not take back off, front, rear sensors not working.

No GPS all types of warnings.

I ended up recalibration the brand new drone and once again it’s flying.

I dread another DJI update. No telling what will happen, maybe it will just take off on its own and fly out of my house.
1-2 23:12
Use props
djiuser_4yVruiAiWuNR
lvl.1

United States

fansa699ed8a Posted at 2019-12-17 17:33

Gotta love the canned replies, the same as chat “I am so sorry”.

I got so tired of hearing that, sorry doesn’t make things better unless they are actually felt by the person being apologizes to.

Results is what makes people feel better - not words that mean nothing but a paycheck to DJI

I will probably get a firmware update making my drone inoperable after all of my trouble. But at least it’s all documented.
1-2 23:16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules