lvl.2
Brunei

Mine not detecting new firmware ?
2019-6-10
Use props
fans47e6ba09
lvl.2
Greece

It’s also fixed custom profiles not saving de warp on 2.7 and 4K.
2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

It is not available as a download at this time from the DJI support site.  The older version is still posted.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads

edited to add:  It is now available at the above address for manual installation

2019-6-10
Use props
HDRushmore
lvl.2
Brunei

OK i got it downloaded.. Don't connect your OA to MIMO app yet. Just open the MIMO app then new firmware notification will prompt. After downloading then connect to your OA to install..
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

HDRushmore Posted at 6-10 05:36
Mine not detecting new firmware ?

connect ac101 and check whether mimo will detect.

current mimo detects last connected device(oa or op)'s firmware
2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

That did not go altogether well!   The "download" prompt line in Orange was a very thin line of garbled text on my Samsung Tab A.  I could not read it.  So wound up with videos!!!  On the 4th go around I finally tapped it.  Then it only took about two minutes.

2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day peiter. Thank you for sharing this information regarding the released of the new firmware update 01.03.00.10. If you have any inquiries or concerns with the new firmware that has been released. Please don't hesitate to post it here at DJI Forum for us to assist and help you. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-6-10
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

much faster than 2 minutes here, but my phone wifi can not match the 1 gbit my router are connected to, as i racell the damn phone max out at 300 mbit
At a teoretical full speed the 50 or so MB firmware should only take me 1/3 second to download ( 126 MB/s = 1 gbit )

2019-6-10
Use props
Mr Monio
lvl.4

Ireland

Is the dewarp selection saved now with the new firmware?
2019-6-10
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Dont know i have not gotten around to play with the camera today
Above one claim "It’s also fixed custom profiles not saving de warp on 2.7 and 4K." so at least if you make a favorite profile and save it.
2019-6-10
Use props
netmouse
lvl.2

China

With the new firmware, set dewarp ON in 4K/60p, if you changed to 4K 4:3 (this mode not support dewarp),  although just swipe to "4K 4:3" on the menu, when you changed back to 4K/30p, 60p etc., the dewarp setting restore to "OFF".
2019-6-10
Use props
davesantos
lvl.2
United States

The dewarp auto turning off issue upon saving custom profile and/or quick recording seems to have been fixed and working correctly.

But I wonder why they chose not to mention it in the firmware patch notes.
2019-6-10
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

peiter Posted at 6-10 08:11
Dont know i have not gotten around to play with the camera today
Above one claim "It’s also fixed custom profiles not saving de warp on 2.7 and 4K." so at least if you make a favorite profile and save it.

OK, downloaded the update, and Dewarp is saved as a custom profile, and/or if 4K60P with Dewarp on was your video setting, when you turned the camera off, then turn it on again.

Exquisite.

The Osmo Action is now officially the best Action Camera in the world.
2019-6-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Osmo Action updated flawlessly to V01.03.00.10 using iOS Memo V1.1.6 and iPhone 10s Max
2019-6-10
Use props
Fishfeet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr Monio Posted at 6-10 08:08
Is the dewarp selection saved now with the new firmware?

As far as I can tell, yes.
Based on a 2 minute test only, though.
2019-6-10
Use props
Drones Puppet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 390154 ft
Germany

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 6-10 09:37
OK, downloaded the update, and Dewarp is saved as a custom profile, and/or if 4K60P with Dewarp on was your video setting, when you turned the camera off, then turn it on again.

Exquisite.

Best action cam with delay in screen? for "action"? really???
2019-6-10
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

New firmware's can some times be a little hectic, a good company of course want to fix their product as soon as possible, but you cant just edit the firmware - hit save and post it, normally you go thru a few days of in house testing and maybe some testing with alpha/beta testers like i do with other cameras / brands for a few days or weeks.
And then the thing go out to the general public, some times like a public beta, other times strait to official release.

I have long been over simplifying things when it come to cameras ( Action / dash / CCTV ) if it was easy everyone would do it.

It is pretty cool to help launching a product even if what i do are fairly mundane,,,,,, one of the only joys i have now as a guy on early retirement.

I have seen attempts of fixing 1 problem in a firmware create 2 new ones, but this in general happen with much smaller brands than dji.

2019-6-10
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drones Puppet Posted at 6-10 12:26
Best action cam with delay in screen? for "action"? really???

What out there is better?

I guess if you like the fisheye view in 4K60P on the Hero 7, then maybe not.

I love the linear capability of the Osmo Action in 4K60P in RockSteady.

Nothing else out there can touch it in form factor and action camera wise.

I'll gladly take a slight delay for the pristine EIS linear 4K60P footage.

I mean, if a firmware update can fix it, great, but it's not a show-stopper for me.
2019-6-10
Use props
fans47e6ba09
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I like the fixes and appreciate how quickly DJI have acted given how new the camera is.

Little issue with this firmware, when you turn sounds off you still get a clicking noise every time you press the quick switch button.

2019-6-10
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 6-10 09:37
OK, downloaded the update, and Dewarp is saved as a custom profile, and/or if 4K60P with Dewarp on was your video setting, when you turned the camera off, then turn it on again.

Exquisite.

Great news!
2019-6-11
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638366 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I have just received my osmo action. I was able to activate via the Mimo app. Then it said there is this firmware update available, It has downloaded succesfully, but the camera disconnected from my android phone. I keep trying to reconnect, but no success. I have restarted wifi on the device ot activate again, it worked, but app still says cannot connect (with message to keep the camera on and close to my mobile).
I have restarted, everything, reinstalled the app but nothing. I have been trying to connect the past 3 hours.
2019-6-11
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Have your tried to  put your phone in airplane mode or turned off mobile data ?

Othewise you can DL the firmeare here https://www.dji.com/dk/osmo-action/info#downloads unzuip - put .bin file on emptu memory card - insert card in camera - power on camera and it should then flash the new firmware.''

I ran into the same issue the #1 time i tried to update my camera and so had to go the route above, but the update yesterday i did on the phone and it worked as it should.
2019-6-11
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638366 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

peiter Posted at 6-11 04:20
Have your tried to  put your phone in airplane mode or turned off mobile data ?

Othewise you can DL the firmeare here https://www.dji.com/dk/osmo-action/info#downloads unzuip - put .bin file on emptu memory card - insert card in camera - power on camera and it should then flash the new firmware.''

Thank you. I was able to update this way. But connecting to my phone still does not work. Never mind. I guess there are no additional settings, only direct downloading to phone, I have never used on any of my actioncams before anyways.
2019-6-12
Use props
yelenavik
lvl.2

United States

I am about last firmware 7/17/2019 DJI Osmo action: Installed last firmware , writing optimized sharpness in Cinelike D. One week ago I talked about need make an option in menu for sharpness low-high, like Gopro 7. YI 4k+,many others .But your engeneers instead, made ''optimized sharpness'' ,I watched is decrease sharpness!This is worse than was before! Not good.Need maximum sharpness!
2019-7-19
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

You are right i would also like to be able to choose in between 3 settings low / mid / high, but i sure as hell dont want maximum sharpness, cuz that will look very bad and like a cheap 20 dollar Chinese action camera on a obscure chipset.

PS: I have yet to make any recordings with the new firmware, that will not happen before Tuesday / Wednesday
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules