propellers
2207 14 2014-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joria
New

Malta

Can I use the new propellers on the old motors?
2014-11-12
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

much written on this here! apparently so.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi joria, it's recommended to use the new propeller with new motor and also new ESC.
2014-11-12
Use props
joria
New

Malta

thanks for your reply
2014-11-14
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51998 ft
United States

joria Posted at 2014-11-15 05:00
thanks for your reply

DJI- I have used the the props 9450 on my older version of Vision Plus and I did not encounter any problem. In fact it flew very stable and it ascended and descended quickIy. Is it a must to upgrade the ESC to v2  and the MOTORS to 2312 or is it just a suggestion?.
I am attaching a link so you can see how it flew . In this video I used the new props and I upgraded my transmitter to the new one with dial. Watch this http://youtu.be/No-OgYd9hzg
2014-11-14
Use props
joria
New

Malta

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-15 12:20
DJI- I have used the the props 9450 on my older version of Vision Plus and I did not encounter any ...

thanks for your reply
2014-11-15
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Against contrary belief, the new props on the old motors will actually give you slightly less flying time but will fly fine.
Logic being that the new props achieve a greater down force because of the greater angle which in return puts more load on the motors, therefore the new motors, which are 960kv (40kv more) can handle that additional down force better. Following is a timed test done by Simon with the old P2+old props and the old P2+New props.
2014-11-15
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi guys, it's not a suggestion, 9450 props must use with the new motor and new ESC avoid of burning the ESC. In other word, the new power system should be used together.
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-17 09:23
Hi guys, it's not a suggestion, 9450 props must use with the new motor and new ESC avoid of burning  ...

Just an FYI, that's not what the DJI store shows...

http://store.dji.com/product/self-tightening-propellers

-The new 9450 provides extra thrust and better power efficienc than the 9443

-Compatible with the Phantom 1, Phantom FC40, Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+
2014-11-16
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-17 09:23
Hi guys, it's not a suggestion, 9450 props must use with the new motor and new ESC avoid of burning  ...

Hi Sophie. as per "away-point" mentioned, it's supposed to be compatible with other DJi.

But our main question is, for older machines without the new Motor or ESC, is it recommended to use 9450 or 9443? Because someone has tested with 9450 and the flight time is decreased because it need to fight against the wind. Thus the reason we are asking you.
2014-11-17
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

So, is there any rock solid consensus that the new props should not be used with the old motors and ESCs?

I would like to try a new set, but do not want to do so if it poses a known risk.
2014-11-22
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Not a rock solid consensus by any stretch, but logically, more pitch means more drag for the motors to work against. If the motors were designed with less drag in mind, then it would seem to me that using the newer props on these motors, you'd not only not get the full new props' benefit, but you may well put the motors under more stress than they were intended for.

2014-11-22
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-11-23 08:47
Not a rock solid consensus by any stretch, but logically, more pitch means more drag for the motors  ...

I can see the potential for increased loading, thus overloading the motors or ESCs, but by the same token, we're not talk a huge difference in prop.  Seems just as likely that the more aggressive prop merely means running at a somewhat reduced RPM.   I really don't know.

From what I can find, seems quieter and reduced RPM are the biggest impacts (not talking major performance changes).  The only reason I have any interest in them is for jello/vibration issues.  Seems like lower RPM might help improve camera stability.

2014-11-22
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

This is disheartening. I bought a couple sets of 9450's because the DJi site said they were compatible. I've flown with them once and no problems.... but now I'm reading from a DJI rep that I have to buy new motors/ESC to use them.... what gives here?
2014-11-22
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Well, they are backward compatible, no issues there. But you won't necessarily be able to max out their added value whilst on the previous generation motors.

A Phantom is a finely tuned machine, the culmination of endless testing and a happy medium between dozens of tradeoffs. Change one item and it's bound to cascade down to all the other compromises in the overall equation. In your case, upgrading the motors will get it all parts ideally
matched again. And with that power boost you're looking for.
2014-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules