Anyone know how to use the DRTK2 in stand alone base mode?
2086 5 2019-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

I would like to use the DRTK2 as a stand alone base and although I can get it into stand alone mode using mode button (2 green flashes) and I take it outside and show it the sky for a while I am not getting a file. There is nothing in instruction manual on using it as stand alone so am wondering how I start it and stop it (as when in stand alone mode you dont seem to be able to turn the unit off intill you use the mode button to switch to no flashes then you can shut it down with power button).
Maybe this function does not work yet?
Cheers

2019-6-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes Modes 2 & 3 are pretty undocumented.

You saw this, right?  NEW D-RTK 2 "User Manual"!!!
Doesn't actually answer your question but might help.
2019-6-10
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I think DJI will be adding something to a DJI Go app that can be installed on the phone/tablet that will be able to connect to the Rover (in Mode 3). In Mode 3 you would need a Dongle in the Rover for internet connection, since the phone/tablet would need to connect to the Rover via the WiFi. Now I'm just guessing at this point since as @patiam said the instructions are lacking.
2019-6-10
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Right so it seems for now I should break out my R8s for PPK stuff. I will play the DJI waiting game. Much like the Crystal sky which is finally useful 2 years after its purcahse, the same might be true for the DRTK2!
2019-6-10
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I hope it's not 2 yrs for the Mode 3 setup.
2019-6-11
Use props
micerv
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Is it possible to use the D-RTK2 as a stand alone station to take GCPs (ground control points)? Thank you
2020-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules