Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Wondering if there are any Power Banks that will work with the Osmo Action? DJI or Third Party. And are verified to be ok.

Or is there specific features to look for? Or not recommended?

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I would think most power banks would work.  I don't recall the input specs if they are listed anywhere but since it did not come with a charger - most banks should work.
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dragonfyr. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who uses a power-bank in charging there DJI Osmo Action.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Osmo Action. Actually, there is a  possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause damage or harm on the DJI Osmo Action and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2019-6-10
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 6-10 16:02
I would think most power banks would work.  I don't recall the input specs if they are listed anywhere but since it did not come with a charger - most banks should work.

I thought that too, but don't want to risk damage, so thought i'd ask here first
2019-6-10
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-10 16:08
Hello and good day Dragonfyr. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who uses a power-bank in charging there DJI Osmo Action.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Osmo Action. Actually, there is a  possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause damage or harm on the DJI Osmo Action and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.

Hi there,

Yes, I thought you might say something like that. Really wish DJI would hurry up with stocking more batteries for the Osmo Action. I'd love to take a day driving up the coast, get some time lapse, videos etc, but I can't with only 1 battery Or... DJI could create a power bank...
2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-10 16:08
Hello and good day Dragonfyr. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who uses a power-bank in charging there DJI Osmo Action.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Osmo Action. Actually, there is a  possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause damage or harm on the DJI Osmo Action and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.

Could you provide the technical specs of what power adapter should be used?  Amp hours, watts or voltage.  Since the camera did not ship with a charger, we kind of have to guess.   This is in the manual but it is vague and  suggests faster time might be possible.  But I guess a battery bank meeting those specs could potentially work?  But, yes SPARE batteries would be very nice at this time.

Thanks.
2019-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 6-10 17:46
Could you provide the technical specs of what power adapter should be used?  Amp hours, watts or voltage.  Since the camera did not ship with a charger, we kind of have to guess.   This is in the manual but it is vague and  suggests faster time might be possible.  But I guess a battery bank meeting those specs could potentially work?  But, yes SPARE batteries would be very nice at this time.

Thanks.[view_image]

"But I guess a battery bank meeting those specs could potentially work?"

I would agree, and mine is working at the moment on 2.1 A output power bank. Battery charge indicator on Mimeo turns green when charging, and clear when power bank disconnected.
With a 2.1 A power bank connection it can supply enough current to operate the device and charge battery if required. This also seems to be the case using the 1A output, although the battery takes longer to charge if camera in use.
2019-6-11
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-11 15:28

I would agree, and mine is working at the moment on 2.1 A output power bank. Battery charge indicator on Mimeo turns green when charging, and clear when power bank disconnected.

Thanks for the confirmation.  
2019-6-11
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 6-11 15:28

I would agree, and mine is working at the moment on 2.1 A output power bank. Battery charge indicator on Mimeo turns green when charging, and clear when power bank disconnected.

Brilliant. Thanks for that
2019-6-12
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tried the other day using the specific Osmo Action USB cable with the DJI Mavic Pro charger, it worked perfectly. No flashing LED's, it just charged it.  So it must have been the third party usb cable that was the problem.

Just thought i'd add that for you's
2019-7-12
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this

https://www.newegg.com/p/2J3-000 ... wE&gclsrc=aw.ds
2019-7-12
Use props
Mwest34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
United States

I use the Wasbi camera grip and power bank , its rated at 5200MAH, I've used it with my Gopro Hero 6, Osmo Pocket, and now my Osmo Action which has taken a permanent seat on this grip I havent had any issue and would highly recommend it.
unnamed (1).jpg
2019-7-12
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

I have only ever used my action with a power banks as the battery that came with it will not hold a charge.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_elWCra2lHrlu
New

Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-6-10 16:08
Hello and good day Dragonfyr. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Members who uses a power-bank in charging there DJI Osmo Action.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Osmo Action. Actually, there is a  possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause damage or harm on the DJI Osmo Action and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
К сожалению фирма DJI выпускает не качественную продукцию.dji osmo action 1 перестала работать от батареи и работает ТОЛЬКО от внешнего питания.
2022-11-26
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

so ,many makes and brands  Anker I use and even car booster ones
2022-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules