My drone has gone blind but the camera works.
889 6 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockinit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20577 ft
Thailand

Hello;
I have 2 issues with my Mavic Pro.

About a year ago, I did a required software update and after the update the drone started telling me it is out of video transmission range when it was as close to me as 10 meters. The drone continues to film and it can still send video back to my cell phone monitor but the screen on the monitor freezes at the point it claims to be out of range.
I was using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 that I had flown the drone with for over a year with no problems.
I got a friend to download the DJI app in his Samsung phone and everything worked OK, is this just a situation in which DJI no longer supports the Samsung OS in my tablet?

Yesterday, I downloaded the newest NFZ update and the drone told me I'm in a NFZ, although I am not in a NFZ, even the monitor screen map shows me to be over 300 meters from a NFZ. I used the DJI app to advise DJI of the mapping error but when I returned to the flying screen, it was all black. I took a still shot with it and the still came out OK, so it doesn't appear to be a camera issue.

My local DJI shop said the first problem is a software problem but were unable to provide a solution.

I tried to contact that shop about the black screen issue but they do commercial shoots and the only English speaking tech appears to be on a shoot out in the jungle. (I'm in Thailand.)
Thanks

forDJI.jpg
2019-6-11
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Usually a blank screen is due to a bad cable or connection -- make sure there's no debris inside the jack and try a different cable.

Sometimes the app fails for whatever reason to properly connect to the remote -- unplugging and then replugging-in the cable while the app is running will fix the problem.

It's possible that your tablet has aged out of Go 4's set of supported devices.

Hope this helps some.

2019-6-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

It might be that the tab has become outdated to run the go4 app, as Dji keeps updating this app it gets bigger in size and becomes more demanding to memory/ram of which I suspect your tab only has 2 gig ram which might be the cause as you did mention it worked fine on a friends phone
2019-6-12
Use props
Dean01
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

In the picture on the left you seem to have two cables comming out of the controller (this is wrong as there should only be one USB comming out the bottom of the RC) and neither of the two appear to be going into the Tablet (also wrong - the micro usb end should plug into the tablet the same as in the picture on the right. Having said that both Ex machinia and Surin have pointed out other possible/probable problems.

Summary:
Ensure cables are corrctly plugged in - cable must only be in bottom USB of RC - remove cable from side of RC (tyhis alone could be causing yr issues)
Enusre the cable is not faulty (by trying anouther cable)
Ensure yr device is not out dated  - The functionality of my former Tab A failed a long time ago
2019-6-12
Use props
Rockinit
lvl.1
Thailand

Ex Machina Posted at 6-12 05:17
Usually a blank screen is due to a bad cable or connection -- make sure there's no debris inside the jack and try a different cable.

Sometimes the app fails for whatever reason to properly connect to the remote -- unplugging and then replugging-in the cable while the app is running will fix the problem.

Thanks, I already went through the DJI shop here, they checked everything after I tried to troubleshoot it.

I'm thinking you are probably right about the tablet, but the drone and tablet are the exact same age. (Not that that insures anything.
2019-6-12
Use props
Rockinit
lvl.1
Thailand

Suren Posted at 6-12 07:26
It might be that the tab has become outdated to run the go4 app, as Dji keeps updating this app it gets bigger in size and becomes more demanding to memory/ram of which I suspect your tab only has 2 gig ram which might be the cause as you did mention it worked fine on a friends phone

I suspect you are correct, my friend's phone is much newer and it works. Thanx
2019-6-12
Use props
Rockinit
lvl.1
Thailand

Dean01 Posted at 6-12 08:58
In the picture on the left you seem to have two cables comming out of the controller (this is wrong as there should only be one USB comming out the bottom of the RC) and neither of the two appear to be going into the Tablet (also wrong - the micro usb end should plug into the tablet the same as in the picture on the right. Having said that both Ex machinia and Surin have pointed out other possible/probable problems.

Summary:

Thanks for your suggestions, the picture was just to show the equipment, I've been flying this drone almost 4 years and I do know where the cables go, but of course you are correct in your observation.
The DJI shop here says it's a software problem, they couldn't get it to work with my tablet, either. I guess I'll ask Samsung if I can update to a newer OS and if I can't I'll have to buy a new phone to fly. Thanx!
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules