DJI Unveils The RoboMaster S1, An Advanced Educational Robot
21192 184 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 4415 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 5 Points! Each person is 2 times
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

iammrbt Posted at 6-17 11:25
@DJI Panda, I will get a DJI Tattoo if you send me one of those

I hope so
2019-6-25
Use props
Brajoe
lvl.1

Brazil

Replies reward +5 Points

Such an interesting device! I really adore all such things, that can help our children to educate. Really an interesting subject of discussion. I think that the best profession in the nearest future is connected to coding and app development. But I suggest you think twice before you decide to start that career as it is not easy at all. Just read this article https://light-it.net/blog/detailed-overview-building-diabetes-management-app/ as an example of how much issues you can face when you will become any kind of software developer.
2019-6-27
Use props
photokirk
lvl.2

India

Replies reward +5 Points

Really awesome product. I think it can be also used to get low angle wildlife images. Need to get a hands on one.
2019-6-27
Use props
myCLLab
lvl.3
Singapore

Replies reward +5 Points

Look cool! good and creative product and can be program with Scratch 3.0 or Python code. Cheers! DJI!
2019-6-28
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Replies reward +5 Points

WebParrot Posted at 6-13 16:24
Probably because Hong Kong has strict gun laws ;-)

We have tons of BB guns around for purchase without any permission.   I seriously don’t think S1 BB gun can possible out power any of those available in local.
2019-6-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Replies reward +5 Points

Nice one.... never expected DJI to do this kind of stuff.
2019-6-29
Use props
paulbeumer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516690 ft
Netherlands

Replies reward +5 Points

.... speechless... a ready made robotoy that can shoot? Learn kids coding to shoot? What a bright future we have.!  
Wasn't there any other educational purpose ?
Don't know if all coding is being relayed to a central server in China... that would be smart.. collected data could give a nice insight in human (kids) strategies.
2019-6-29
Use props
ArchyTek
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Replies reward +5 Points

paulbeumer Posted at 6-29 06:41
.... speechless... a ready made robotoy that can shoot? Learn kids coding to shoot? What a bright future we have.!  
Wasn't there any other educational purpose ?
Don't know if all coding is being relayed to a central server in China... that would be smart.. collected data could give a nice insight in human (kids) strategies.

My thoughts exactly.
2019-7-1
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

photokirk Posted at 6-27 22:53
Really awesome product. I think it can be also used to get low angle wildlife images. Need to get a hands on one.

That what I was thinking but the only problem is this robot cannot be operated on sand or dirt.  I even tried it on grass and it has a hard time moving.  Hopefully, they can come up with an optional off road wheels.
2019-7-1
Use props
sleepingfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3685922 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Replies reward +5 Points

S1 controller
https://twitter.com/sleepfisher/status/1147341800010473472
2019-7-6
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Replies reward +5 Points

Just received my RoboMaster S1 Kit... This was so much fun to assemble. And I couldn't wait to get into the programming. So far, I am having a riot!!! I could not resist and bought a second to develop collaborative code and play with friends.
2019-7-13
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Replies reward +5 Points

Any info if RoboMaster will ship to eu in future?
2019-7-17
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 7-13 10:36
Just received my RoboMaster S1 Kit... This was so much fun to assemble. And I couldn't wait to get into the programming. So far, I am having a riot!!! I could not resist and bought a second to develop collaborative code and play with friends.

Cool.  I'm still looking for other S1 owners in Southern California.  Hopefully, they'll be shipping more soon.
2019-7-17
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Replies reward +5 Points

I'm so glad DJI is helping children learn programming, this is the future
2019-7-22
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Replies reward +5 Points

Lots of school systems (even in Norway) haven't implemented it yet, it is way overdue
2019-7-22
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Awesome product, I remembered when this launched a while back. I also saw something stating it was not available in the US. Is that still true? Would love to purchase this as a gift. Thanks
2019-7-29
Use props
djiuser_SIMBJLoGQ5s0
New
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

I’d like to know if my Robomaster S1 can receive sound from the app and broadcast it on the robot.  Seems simple and would be AWESOME
2019-8-13
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Replies reward +5 Points

djiuser_SIMBJLoGQ5s0 Posted at 8-13 18:29
I’d like to know if my Robomaster S1 can receive sound from the app and broadcast it on the robot.  Seems simple and would be AWESOME

Not yet, no. But it does seem like this would be a feature that would be added at some point (Most of the plumbing to do this is already there).
2019-8-14
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Really awesome product. I think it can be also used to get low angle wildlife images. Need to get a hands on one.
2019-8-18
Use props
Dr_Fibinotchi
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +5 Points

Just got the sons going.  Actually its a lot more fun than it looks.  Lots more to it than Ive used it so far.  Looking to plug into a group to discuss and chat on programs, settings, and other fun stuff.  Thank you for opening this thread.  Getting mine this coming week...ha.

-C
2019-9-2
Use props
Dr_Fibinotchi
lvl.1

Replies reward +5 Points

I did get the game controller for it and found it helps with better positioning much.  Much better control.  I do wish both sides had a control, but understand that maybe some of the controls for special functions are made to execute from the app on the phone or tablet.  Tried a program out and feel this is thefun part of it.  Not getting killed by my son on it with lazer beam mode.  While it does have PWM output I didnt seen anything for an input of pwm.  I think this would have put it over the top on a whole lot more you can do.  Still it has a lot of learning and fun to it.

-C
2019-9-13
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

Replies reward +5 Points

Rumor has it that I/O capability is coming.  There is a UART available to us via the USB-C connection on the driver board, there is an unused USB-C port on the Intelligent Controller as well.  Unlocking those to us will  allow a bazzillion projects for sensors and comms.

Just keep reading the forums there are lot of small programs and experiments to try, enjoy!
2019-9-13
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft

Replies reward +5 Points

MarkusXL Posted at 9-13 09:53
Rumor has it that I/O capability is coming.  There is a UART available to us via the USB-C connection on the driver board, there is an unused USB-C port on the Intelligent Controller as well.  Unlocking those to us will  allow a bazzillion projects for sensors and comms.

Just keep reading the forums there are lot of small programs and experiments to try, enjoy!

The Motion Control board has a USB Micro connector (it's kind of hard to see the shape through the plastic enclosure).
Besides the extra USB-C connector on the rear of the Intelligent controller, it also has a Micro USB connector next to the CAN Bus port.

I keep hoping DJI allows some sort of UART control of the robot.
2019-9-13
Use props
Exctazy
lvl.1

France

Replies reward +5 Points

I've received it, and that's so coooool. I'm a programmer and i'm having a lot of fun, even if DJI have put some limits to coding (that's sad too)..
2019-11-26
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 9-13 10:46
The Motion Control board has a USB Micro connector (it's kind of hard to see the shape through the plastic enclosure).
Besides the extra USB-C connector on the rear of the Intelligent controller, it also has a Micro USB connector next to the CAN Bus port.
https://cdn.hackaday.io/images/2748961568399928927.jpg[/img]

Wow!  That's good to know.
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules