Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A better OA cage
785 11 2019-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just saw a review of the Ulanzi OA cage. A bit expensive but it seems so much more useful as you can remove the GoPro mount which gives you a 1/4" screw mount. It also allows you to open the Charge/SD port while keeping the OA in the cage and it has 2 cold shoe slot. Being made out of metal has it's pro and con, If you use it in the shade or indoor, it'll probably act as a heatsink but if you use it under the sun, It may act to add more heat. I was thinking about ordering the PgyTech cage since I already have their ND-PL set on order but having a 1/4" mount in the cage without using GoPro accessories is a pretty big plus in my book.  The review video is in Chinese but you can see how it works here at the 6 mins mark

2019-6-11
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for sharing.

Nice looking cage.  Looking at it, I wonder if a bit of dremel work would allow part of the DJI cage to be removed to allow the door to open while in the cage.  I do like the tripod screw mounting hole.  

I guess I will show how out of it I am.  How does one use a flash that's not electronically connected to the camera?  Or is is only a light and not flash?

2019-6-11
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-11 20:36
Thanks for sharing.

Nice looking cage.  Looking at it, I wonder if a bit of dremel work would allow part of the DJI cage to be removed to allow the door to open while in the cage.

I have one of this when I need a little extra lighting support

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-6-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing. I just received my Action cam.
2019-6-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video
2019-6-11
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-12
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I like it.  How would this hold up in sea water?
2019-6-12
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

col4bin Posted at 6-12 04:50

Oh, you think there might be salt water corrosion?  Possible but I guess wash it in fresh first thing.  But also I guess salt and/or grit could jam up the sliding door.  The Pgytech one also uses a sliding door.  

The DJI case which blocks access to the usb port/card, probably better protects the bottom corners of the camera if it were dropped.  

And while I do like the tripod screw hole, removing the "gopro" adapter means not losing the part and the screws.  
2019-6-12
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-12
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-12 05:48
Oh, you think there might be salt water corrosion?  Possible but I guess wash it in fresh first thing.  But also I guess salt and/or grit could jam up the sliding door.  The Pgytech one also uses a sliding door.  

The DJI case which blocks access to the usb port/card, probably better protects the bottom corners of the camera if it were dropped.  

I figured that if I ever need to use the GoPro mount, I'll just slip it back into the stock cage.
2019-6-12
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

col4bin Posted at 6-12 04:50

It's most likely made with anodized aluminum so should be fine with salt water.
2019-6-12
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-12 07:52
I figured that if I ever need to use the GoPro mount, I'll just slip it back into the stock cage.

Simple and probably easier than futzing around with the adapter and screws!   I like it.
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules