Beginning of End?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too many non Drone products these days. AS we wait and wait for a new Phantom we get the Robomaster. I think DJI is preparing for the end of the Drone.

2019-6-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think its the end of the drones. I think they are tapping every market.
Being the leaders that they are. What better way to reach customers than to offer products of different varieties.
2019-6-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have my doubts about that.
They are expanding.
2019-6-11
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

They are looking for the drone business  substitution, as the limitations and rules, which every second country invents now on, clearly show the future of the drones
2019-6-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

A new beginning with a new product for children, does not mean that it is the end of anything IMO
2019-6-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

dJI rOBOTGIF.gif
DJI EDUCATIION ROB GIF.gif
2019-6-12
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Agree. I think DJI are scaling back drone R&D in the face of increasing legislation around the globe.

Sales of Drones will likely drop.

Ikopta just made an interesting Vlog;

https://youtu.be/w04C9wTqWDY

2019-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Brian are you delusional ?
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drones are a thriving business so I doubt it is the start of the end but we are obviously seeing a focus on other tech from DJI to balance things out a little.
2019-6-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 6-12 00:19
A new beginning with a new product for children, does not mean that it is the end of anything IMO

fully agree....
2019-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-12 03:42
Drones are a thriving business so I doubt it is the start of the end but we are obviously seeing a focus on other tech from DJI to balance things out a little.

DJI may be applying old adage of: Never place all your eggs in one basket.   Along with Hedging their Bets.

Would like to know if DJI gets an Uploaded copy of code that users run on RoboMaster.  Thinking of DJI benefiting from Crowdsourcing and Golden BB effect.
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 6-12 18:58
DJI may be applying old adage of: Never place all your eggs in one basket.   Along with Hedging their Bets.

Would like to know if DJI gets an Uploaded copy of code that users run on RoboMaster.  Thinking of DJI benefiting from Crowdsourcing and Golden BB effect.

It certainly looks that way mate
2019-6-12
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was a little disappointed with the robomaster, with that said, I don’t think we will ever see a new phantom, mavic or inspire. I think  that we will see a entirely new drone with a kick ass hasslehoff camera. DJI has 1500 people working on just development so I think they have more up their sleeve than just the Robomaster....
2019-6-15
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

utter nonsense, honestly lol
2019-6-16
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 6-15 01:40
I was a little disappointed with the robomaster, with that said, I don’t think we will ever see a new phantom, mavic or inspire. I think  that we will see a entirely new drone with a kick ass hasslehoff camera. DJI has 1500 people working on just development so I think they have more up their sleeve than just the Robomaster....

I tend to agree with you there....
2019-6-17
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

DJI is capitalizing and using their current drone technology on other products.  I think it's a good strategy and it's beneficial to both DJI and the consumers.  As I use the RoboMaster indoors, I'm also improving my drone flying/controlling skills.
2019-6-17
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

Diversification. DJI is doing all they can to shape drone legislation, make drones safer, and get the public more comfortable with them. But as new waves of legislation limit the hobby, its hard to tell what capabilities will be allowed even a year from now. DJI is establishing another pivot. And their drones are still second to none at the consumer price point.
2019-7-11
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 6-12 00:19

Be carefull... The RoboMaster S1, under its "toy" skin is nothing but a toy.
It borrows directly from the "big brother" RoboMaster Standard robot.
DJI started the RoboMaster competition league 5 years ago in China and it just took off! The league started gaining popularity in the USofA and DJI is only picking up on the huge momentum real-world First-Person Shooting games have garnered.
Also note that DJI is not dropping drones at all. The Drone is actually one of the robot types allowed into the RoboMaster arena.
2019-7-17
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

I am really enjoying my RS1, it's really making my learning Python very fun.  First robo for me, but I did play with Lego Mindstorms back in the day, and this is way better.   I really hope they open it up to be a true open source "toy".  I would love to swap out the cannon module for a claw / arm module.  It would be great to get the raw video data feed too, as well as the core OS why not!  It's pretty solid!  Runs smooth and quiet over my wood floors, like levitation...  The brushless motors on each wheel seem beefy smooth fast and have some torque.  The gimbal is DJI good - seems very nice.
2019-7-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Strange if at all true given this year of no new drone releases is simply part of the forecasting and projecting that goes on with accruing profits and increasing cash flow as opposed to vacating the sector entirely. Next year will be a slow release year to, maybe DJI comes out with a new Spark and modification to the Mavic Air, but that's all I see. The following year will be Mavic 3, maybe an Inspire 3, even a Phantom 5. But that will be when two years has passed for warranty and useful life of last year's new drones will yield.
2019-7-18
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 7-18 17:54
Strange if at all true given this year of no new drone releases is simply part of the forecasting and projecting that goes on with accruing profits and increasing cash flow as opposed to vacating the sector entirely. Next year will be a slow release year to, maybe DJI comes out with a new Spark and modification to the Mavic Air, but that's all I see. The following year will be Mavic 3, maybe an Inspire 3, even a Phantom 5. But that will be when two years has passed for warranty and useful life of last year's new drones will yield.

Hi David! I just finished building the S1. Running firmware update now.
2019-7-19
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

daev2018 Posted at 7-19 11:06
Hi David! I just finished building the S1. Running firmware update now.

Cool, it's a lot of fun but even better if you have other S1 owners near you so you can battle.
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules