Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 RTK issues with storing images
1101 19 6-12 04:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akmentins
lvl.2

Latvia

Hello!
Has anyone encountered problem with image storing on SD card during the flight? Im using P4 RTK with latest firmware updates.
So there are several scenarios:
1. Start misson, taking photos and everythings OK (and this is not the problem);
2. Start or resume mission, the flight goes on, it shows that SD card is OK, it looks like camera is taking photos on RC screen, but SD capacity is not decreasing and there is no ongoing taken image count;
3. Start or resume mission, the flight goes on, it shows that SD card is OK, it looks like camera is taking photos on RC screen, but SD capacity is decreasing, ongoing taken image count goes up to 12 and stops (SD capacity still decreasing, but in the end only 12 images stored).

I tried different SD cards, on different firmware versions, but the issue is still present. Any clues, maybe its actually some kind of mechanical problem?

6-12 04:23
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Haven't run into this on the P4 RTK or any other DJI AC I've flown. I'm assuming that in addition to swapping SD cards you also tested each to the extent possible in either another AC or some other device.

For #2 do you mean you get no images at all?

In #3 s it overwriting with only the last 12 images kept, or do you get the 1st 12 images and then no more?

6-12 07:58
Use props
akmentins
lvl.2

Latvia

patiam Posted at 6-12 07:58
Haven't run into this on the P4 RTK or any other DJI AC I've flown. I'm assuming that in addition to swapping SD cards you also tested each to the extent possible in either another AC some other device.

For #2 do you mean you get no images at all?

It seems that it has something to do with SD card writing speed, I guess its too low, will try with higher ones.

And yes for #2 no images at all, just empty folder.
#3 first 12 images.
6-12 10:51
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

My bad, I assumed you were using SD cards w/ recommended specs. I should have asked what kind.
6-12 12:19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

akmentins Posted at 6-12 10:51
It seems that it has something to do with SD card writing speed, I guess its too low, will try with higher ones.

And yes for #2 no images at all, just empty folder.

When this happens, it is more usually caused by an SD card that is too slow for the job. Other factors that influence it are the shooting mode you are using (JPEG or RAW) and how long since you last formatted the SD card. The latter is important because DJI create hidden folders on the card and fill them with files that are of no use to you, formatting gets rid of them.
6-12 14:40
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

P4 RTK can't shoot RAW
6-12 19:54
Use props
fans3cf3ca7b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1837 ft
France

Hello
I encounter the same problem of saving photos on the SD card. I tested several SD card the problem is still the same. These SD cards work perfectly on my I2, P4Pro or Mavic 2 Pro.
I realize long mission for surveyor and I realize that this problem appears during the management multi batteries. After changing the battery I run the intermediate mission that was created, at this time we have the impression that the photos are taken (screen gets dark quickly) but the number of photos on the map does not decrease !!!!! !
DJI soon support a correction of this bug? which makes me lose a lot of time seeing makes the realization of multi-battery mission impossible.
Another problem is present on the classification of the photos and the loss of the signal RTK during the mission for no particular reason the photos will be recorded on a file DCIM and not survey (whereas the application does not indicate that I am connected to the RTK )
DJI make something !!!!
6-14 00:15
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

patiam Posted at 6-12 12:19
My bad, I assumed you were using SD cards w/ recommended specs. I should have asked what kind.

Hi
I encountered to something like that when I used SD card with slow read/write speed. When I changed it, no more saw that issue.
6-14 06:42
Use props
akmentins
lvl.2

Latvia

jivago Posted at 6-14 06:42
Hi
I encountered to something like that when I used SD card with slow read/write speed. When I changed it, no more saw that issue.

I changed SD card, using now one with 80 MB/s writing speed, but still with multi battery missions problem still pops up from time to time…
6-26 04:00
Use props
akmentins
lvl.2

Latvia

As you can see in the image, there is some shooting lines missing. Thats because of not storing taken images on SD card… fast one
DJI do something...
6-26 04:04
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

akmentins Posted at 6-26 04:04
[view_image] As you can see in the image, there is some shooting lines missing. Thats because of not storing taken images on SD card… fast one
DJI do something...

i think you may have another issue now, having to do with multi-battery mission behavior not your slow SD card- see this thread:

Phantom 4 RTK wont return to breakpoint

as DJI4Survey notes in  post 34#:

Pressing Pause FIRST, rather than End.   The drone will hover in place, then RTH.

It creates a visible waypoint at the pause location and returns to the spot upon battery change.

Happy multi-battery flying.

6-26 08:00
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9672 ft
Canada

patiam Posted at 6-26 08:00
i think you may have another issue now, having to do with multi-battery mission behavior not your slow SD card- see this thread:

Nailed it!
6-26 14:50
Use props
akmentins
lvl.2

Latvia

patiam Posted at 6-26 08:00

Nope! It returns to the exact point where mission was interrupted (I can see on the RC map), resumes flight, I have controller screen blinking like its taking pictures, but none saved. Some times it even does not create the flight directory on SD card, but sometimes it does and it contains 4 files, but no pictures.
Besides I changed SD card which has much more writing speed than requireed.
6-27 06:41
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

akmentins Posted at 6-27 06:41
Nope! It returns to the exact point where mission was interrupted (I can see on the RC map), resumes flight, I have controller screen blinking like its taking pictures, but none saved. Some times it even does not create the flight directory on SD card, but sometimes it does and it contains 4 files, but no pictures.
Besides I changed SD card which has much more writing speed than requireed.

Hmmm sounds like a different problem indeed....
6-27 11:34
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4

Australia

Hey buddy,

Have you got a SD card with high write speed yet and re-tested?  I have had this problem with other UAVs and it was the card write speed was too slow to keep up with the forward overlap (Fixed wing drones).

Go the highest speed you can afford and I think it will solve the issue.

Cheers,
6-27 14:20
Use props
akmentins
lvl.2

Latvia

DJI4Survey Posted at 6-27 14:20
Hey buddy,

Have you got a SD card with high write speed yet and re-tested?  I have had this problem with other UAVs and it was the card write speed was too slow to keep up with the forward overlap (Fixed wing drones).

Yes, 80 MB/s writing speed does not solve it...
6-28 03:11
Use props
EOandA
lvl.1
United States

I flew a 1000 acre site today and ran into the exact same problem about 3/4 of the way through the project - appears to be taking photos but the count is not going up. Only a handful of photos in the SURVEY directory. I broke this site up into four pieces and only ran into this issue on one 300 acre chunk. I struggled with it for hours and figured I would have to go back and fly it over. When I got back to the office, I did find the images in the DCIM/100MEDIA folder and they do appear to have all the RTK EXIF info, but no rinex files. Trying now to see if they will process successfully.

If it is any help, I just upgraded to the latest firmware right before this job.
6-28 21:21
Use props
akmentins
lvl.2

Latvia

It seems that problem solved with this memory card:
8-1 23:58
Use props
patiam
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's not just about write speed. That's a UHS-1 card. DJI recommends Class 10 / UHS-1 cards for the P4P RTK.

(see pg 8 for English Specs)

If the supposed 80MB/s card you were using before was not at least Class 10 / UHS-1 then that was probably your issue. Glad you got a card that works!
8-2 08:58
Use props
Hurricane323
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

PPKRAW.BIN file showing 0KB. Is that normal?
10-17 21:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules