Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware reverts to previous EIS build...Third time lucky perhaps
123Next >
6109 96 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 7-5 05:30
Thank you for your assistance DJI Mindy.

My intention will be to return this product for a full refund if no proven firmware resolution is found by 19th July.

I understand your concern, I will push our engineers to analyze the logs and keep you updated soon, appreciate your patience.
2019-7-6
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

A really strange issue, not least as no or very few others have the same issue.
So i can only assume this happen with a very specific set of circumstances.

In the start of the thread my eyes singled out HDR, so maybe it happen if the camera are in HDR mode when you attempt a update ??
Me personally i was not able to do the #1 FW update with the phone, so that one i did with downloading the file and then put the .bin file on the empty memory card.
But the #2 FW update i did using my phone and that was quite uneventful.
And my OA camera perform as most others do, but also i never use HDR, or that is i have made a few recordings with it, but after that i also changed back at once to one of the "normal" modes

Looking forward to see the answer to this mystery, and what is in the next FW update.

PS. i do prefer to update the cameras i work with ( dash and action ) the old way by putting the update FW file on the memory card and then turn on the camera, but this is probably founded in i am one of the worlds biggest smartphone haters that actually have a phone.
So when a camera i work with have wifi and a APP, i really have to force myself to test that, which i of course must do as a tester and confidant of some brands.
2019-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

peiter Posted at 7-6 07:14
A really strange issue, not least as no or very few others have the same issue.
So i can only assume this happen with a very specific set of circumstances.

"PS. i do prefer to update the cameras i work with ( dash and action ) the old way by putting the update FW file on the memory card and then turn on the camera"

That would often be my preferred method as well, less chance of corruption than using wifi, but in saying that error correction should take care of most if not all.

The screenshot in HD mode was just coincidental. The camera itself still works fine but missing any improvements (or otherwise :-)  ) that came with the upgrade. It will be interesting though to see what detail, if any, feedback there is from DJI. Ideally it would be nice to have an opportunity to refresh or roll back the firmware as can be done with their other devices.
2019-7-6
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Yes, they have to add the ability to refresh the firmware even if they don't permit rolling it back.  But preferably they allow both options.
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Aardvark, I have sent you PM, please check, thank you.
2019-7-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-8 19:59

DJI Mindy, thank you for your assistance, I am away from home until the weekend, and will get a chance on Saturday to follow advice given in your PM.

Assuming there are no time restrictions I will provide an update on Saturday or Sunday at latest.
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 7-9 09:24
DJI Mindy, thank you for your assistance, I am away from home until the weekend, and will get a chance on Saturday to follow advice given in your PM.

Assuming there are no time restrictions I will provide an update on Saturday or Sunday at latest.

No worries, please have a try at your most convenience.
2019-7-9
Use props
fansdac4507f
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi, i have the same problem here
My Osmo Action reverting back to EIS and no longer RS showing available.
Is there any solution to this? Is it unit faulty or dji working on it to fix with next firmware update?
Please advise. Thanks
2019-7-12
Use props
fansdac4507f
lvl.1
Indonesia

Here's my unit picture showing, after activating via dji mimo and updated automaticly it was there Rocksteady and now it is no longer available
2019-7-12
Use props
fansdac4507f
lvl.1
Indonesia

fansdac4507f Posted at 7-12 04:46
Here's my unit picture showing, after activating via dji mimo and updated automaticly it was there Rocksteady and now it is no longer available

2019-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-9 19:17

DJI Mindy, I can now confirm that the solution you suggested has worked for my Osmo Action, and it is, at least for now showing correct firmware version & rocksteady.

Thank you again to yourself and your DJI colleagues for resolving this problem for me.
2019-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdac4507f Posted at 7-12 04:34
Is there any solution to this? Is it unit faulty or dji working on it to fix with next firmware update?

Reply directly to DJI Mindys last post to make her aware of your problem, she may be able to offer a solution.

My problem has been resolved for now (the test of time will tell). My Osmo Action is now at latest firmware, and displaying Rocksteady, and the 2 & 5 second start delay timers in photo mode.
2019-7-12
Use props
fansdac4507f
lvl.1
Indonesia

Aardvark Posted at 7-9 09:24
DJI Mindy, thank you for your assistance, I am away from home until the weekend, and will get a chance on Saturday to follow advice given in your PM.

Assuming there are no time restrictions I will provide an update on Saturday or Sunday at latest.

Hi DJI Mindy,
I have the same problem with @Aardvark
Would you mind help me and tell me what to do, i see it works our well with @Aardvark.
Much appreciated
2019-7-12
Use props
fansdac4507f
lvl.1
Indonesia

Aardvark Posted at 7-12 15:57
Reply directly to DJI Mindys last post to make her aware of your problem, she may be able to offer a solution.

My problem has been resolved for now (the test of time will tell). My Osmo Action is now at latest firmware, and displaying Rocksteady, and the 2 & 5 second start delay timers in photo mode.

Hi Aardvark,
Is it possible for you to post here or email me at prarez(at)yahoo(dot)com?
Much appreciated
2019-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-9 19:17

Please see post 53, if you have no objections I could pass on the information you supplied to me ?
2019-7-12
Use props
fansdac4507f
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi DJI Mindy,
I have the same problem with @Aardvark
Would you mind help me and tell me what to do, i see it works our well with @Aardvark.
Much appreciated
2019-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdac4507f Posted at 7-12 16:28
Hi Aardvark,
Is it possible for you to post here or email me at prarez(at)yahoo(dot)com?
Much appreciated

I'll check with DJI Mindy first, the fix I downloaded may have been specific to my device as I passed system log file (in hidden folder on sd) to DJI from my Osmo Action.
2019-7-12
Use props
prarez
lvl.1
Indonesia

Aardvark Posted at 7-12 16:35
I'll check with DJI Mindy first, the fix I downloaded may have been specific to my device as I passed system log file (in hidden folder on sd) to DJI from my Osmo Action.

Thanks Aardvark, i have PM you and DJI Mindy.
Best regards,
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 7-12 15:51
DJI Mindy, I can now confirm that the solution you suggested has worked for my Osmo Action, and it is, at least for now showing correct firmware version & rocksteady.

Thank you again to yourself and your DJI colleagues for resolving this problem for me.

Hi Aardvark, thanks for getting back to us and glad to know it works, I will report back to our engineers. Please keep me updated if there is any other issue, enjoy.
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

prarez Posted at 7-12 16:49
Thanks Aardvark, i have PM you and DJI Mindy.
Best regards,

Hi prarez, PM has been replied, please check, thanks.
2019-7-12
Use props
fansbab406e4
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-12 18:53
Hi prarez, PM has been replied, please check, thanks.

replied, thanks
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I  have sent you the workaround, please follow it and try again, thank you.
2019-7-13
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Nice
2019-7-13
Use props
fansbab406e4
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-13 01:29
I  have sent you the workaround, please follow it and try again, thank you.

It's works...thank you so much, very helpful and prompt response.
Now i can be happy again
Cheers...
2019-7-13
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Did DJI ever explain what the issue was to the "downgrade" to EIS?  Just uniquely blessed?  (g)
2019-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 7-13 10:52
Did DJI ever explain what the issue was to the "downgrade" to EIS?  Just uniquely blessed?  (g)

There was no detail as to the cause, and to be honest I wasn't expecting any feedback in that respect. DJI have always played their cards close to their chest regarding fault detail.
2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbab406e4 Posted at 7-13 06:47
It's works...thank you so much, very helpful and prompt response.
Now i can be happy again
Cheers...

That is great, please keep me updated if there is any other issue, have a good time with Osmo Action.
2019-7-14
Use props
Hamad90e
New
United Arab Emirates

the same issue with @Aardvark
Please Help. Thanks
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hamad90e Posted at 7-16 03:07
the same issue with @Aardvark

Hi Hamad90e, sorry to know you have the same problem, may I have the whole firmware version that displays in your Osmo Action firstly?
2019-7-16
Use props
Hamad90e
New
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-16 03:27
Hi Hamad90e, sorry to know you have the same problem, may I have the whole firmware version that displays in your Osmo Action firstly?

thanks to reply

its : 01.03.00.10(6009)
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hamad90e Posted at 7-16 03:30
thanks to reply

its : 01.03.00.10(6009)

Please check my PM, thank you.
2019-7-16
Use props
Hamad90e
New
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-16 05:03
Please check my PM, thank you.

Really Thank you so much
it worked now and fixed the issue RockSteady come back
I am happy
2019-7-16
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark or others:  When this EIS fallback occurs, do you folks remember if there was the LAG that folks see with RS?  I guess what other features besides the EIS/RS revert back, if any?
2019-7-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 7-16 06:52
Aardvark or others:  When this EIS fallback occurs, do you folks remember if there was the LAG that folks see with RS?  I guess what other features besides the EIS/RS revert back, if any?

I suspect it had reverted back to the initial build, prior to V01.02.00.10 where Rocksteady was introduced, the details can be seen in the release notes:-

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

I would say that any display screen lag was less than that seen on RS, but for my usage I've never found it to be problematic.
2019-7-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 7-16 06:52

"the LAG that folks see with RS?"

I took a photo of the Osmo Action screen while it was recording in 4k @ 60 fps, RS & Dewarp both on, the delay on my camera with latest firmware (V01.03.00.10(6460)) is 0.36 of a second.

I did not do a similar test prior to the fix.

rocksteady.png
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hamad90e Posted at 7-16 05:26
Really Thank you so much
it worked now and fixed the issue RockSteady come back
I am happy

You are welcome, please keep me updated if there is any other problem. Have a good day.
2019-7-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This seems to have happened to my device again. After updating to the latest V01.04.00.10 build my camera seems to have reverted to the V01.03.00.10 functionality.

For example, I no longer see 'RS' displayed on front screen when it is active. I also no longer see the 'underwater white balance' option when choosing custom white balance.

Could somebody please post here the full version number as seen in 'About' on the camera, i.e. V01.04.00.10(xxxx).
2019-7-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-16 19:56
You are welcome, please keep me updated if there is any other problem. Have a good day.

DJI Mindy, please see post number 77, I have sent you a PM with links to log files, please pass these to your engineers for their attention.

Edit:- I now find myself with only a few days left before I lose my option for a full refund. It now looks as though I might have no choice but to do that, given that this might be caused by a hardware fault on my Osmo Action.

My question to DJI is:-

Would this happen to me every time I do a firmware update ?

If so then this is completely unnacceptable.
2019-7-21
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 7-21 00:54
This seems to have happened to my device again. After updating to the latest V01.04.00.10 build my camera seems to have reverted to the V01.03.00.10 functionality.

For example, I no longer see 'RS' displayed on front screen when it is active. I also no longer see the 'underwater white balance' option when choosing custom white balance.

Aardvark, mine shows:   V01.04.00.10(6698)

Thats pretty unlucky you have had the same issue again, you'd think if its a batch issue more people would have reported this, unless its just a edge case combination combination of how you use it - but that's not a users fault !
2019-7-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 7-21 04:20
Aardvark, mine shows:   V01.04.00.10(6698)

Thats pretty unlucky you have had the same issue again, you'd think if its a batch issue more people would have reported this, unless its just a edge case combination combination of how you use it - but that's not a users fault !

Thank you for the info'.

My build was showing 01.04.00.10(6460), so something is going a bit awry, the (6460) should be associated with the V01.03.00.10 build. (After initial update was same as yours V01.04.00.10(6698)).

My camera is functioning @ V01.03.00.10 build at present. So basically it works, but the upgrades revert for some reason. Now if this is tied to my camera because of some hardware incompatibility that has to be 'worked around' every time I do an update, then that is unaceptable. So far myself with my first camera, and now its replacement, and two others it would seem have had the same problem (and work around).
If I hadn't noticed the loss of the functions then I might be none the wiser, as the build was still showing as latest V01.04.00.10.
I suspect it might well be a batch issue, given that I've had two cameras from different local retailers, both with same fault.

In the interim I tried the work around that had been supplied (and worked previously) by DJI.
It must've been a build specific fix, as this time it has left me with the V01.03 functionality, but displaying V99.99.99.99(6460) in 'About'. Any attempt to reload V01.03 or V01.04 is unsuccessful.

I will await feedback from DJI over next day or two, but as all so far points towards this being a device specific problem I will likely have no option than to ask for a refund. Any warranty on a replacement would run from the original purchase date. Although I believe DJI themselves use the activation date as starting point (   probably 'whichever came first' :-(   ).
2019-7-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules