Firmware reverts to previous EIS build...Third time lucky perhaps
6137 96 2019-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 7-21 00:54
This seems to have happened to my device again. After updating to the latest V01.04.00.10 build my camera seems to have reverted to the V01.03.00.10 functionality.

For example, I no longer see 'RS' displayed on front screen when it is active. I also no longer see the 'underwater white balance' option when choosing custom white balance.

I think you need a poltergeist and not a firmware version but here's what I see:

01.04.00.10(6698)

Oh, boy, I could not figure out how to switch screens to the front screen (manual comes to the rescue).  I guess you have to press/hold the QS button!!   I do see RS in the front screen.
2019-7-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 7-21 06:10
I think you need a poltergeist and not a firmware version but here's what I see:

01.04.00.10(6698)

Or double tap rear screen with two fingers to toggle rear to front screen
2019-7-21
Use props
fansbdd268c4
New

United Kingdom

Hello everyone is it possible that someone can help me because I just got a new dji spark charging hub and when I plug my 1 battery in it flashes 2 green then 1 red and I’m not sure why could someone please help me urgently
2019-7-21
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 7-21 07:46
Or double tap rear screen with two fingers to toggle rear to front screen

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  TWO fingers!  NOT ONE!!!!

Good luck getting the firmware to stick.  Very ODD issue.  I know I read of two or more others who have had the issue.  
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 7-21 01:18
DJI Mindy, please see post number 77, I have sent you a PM with links to log files, please pass these to your engineers for their attention.

Edit:- I now find myself with only a few days left before I lose my option for a full refund. It now looks as though I might have no choice but to do that, given that this might be caused by a hardware fault on my Osmo Action.

Hi Aardvark, sorry to know the issue happened again, I have reported to our engineers for further assistance, I will come back to you as soon as possible.
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbdd268c4 Posted at 7-21 11:18
Hello everyone is it possible that someone can help me because I just got a new dji spark charging hub and when I plug my 1 battery in it flashes 2 green then 1 red and I’m not sure why could someone please help me urgently

Hello there, sorry for the troubles on charging the battery, may we have a short video for further support? Thank you.
2019-7-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbdd268c4 Posted at 7-21 11:18

I would suggest you start a new thread in the Spark section of the forum where you might get a better response.
2019-7-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-22 00:07
Hi Aardvark, sorry to know the issue happened again, I have reported to our engineers for further assistance, I will come back to you as soon as possible.

DJI Mindy, thank you again for your assistance in passing these log files to your engineers.
2019-7-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After much deliberation I've obtained a refund on this faulty unit, the previous 'work around' to update to V01.03 seems to have been just that, other than a permanent fix. Which leads me to believe that as the unit failed again just after latest update (V01.04) that there is in fact some kind of hardware problem with a certain batch of cameras (this was my second unit, after first had failed in exactly the same manner).At this moment in time I will now wait until the Osmo Action has had time to mature a bit before considering buying another.
2019-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-22 07:42
After much deliberation I've obtained a refund on this faulty unit, the previous 'work around' to update to V01.03 seems to have been just that other than a permanent fix. Which leads me to believe that as the unit failed again just after latest update (V01.04) that there is in fact some kind of hardware problem with a certain batch of cameras (this was my second unit, after first had failed in exactly the same manor).
At this moment in time I will now wait until the Osmo Action has had time to mature a bit before considering buying another.

Such bad luck, hopefully when it matures a bit, third time lucky .
2019-7-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-22 14:25
Such bad luck, hopefully when it matures a bit, third time lucky .

I would hope so, with the UK price drop a couple of days ago I was almost tempted to buy another. I might wait at least until V01.04 is the lowest build being supplied on new units from DJI.
2019-7-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After waiting two days for the Osmo Action to mature a bit ;-)  I decided to jump in again after identifying a device locally available that has been manufacture in June 2019, the first two returned units were both April 2019. Hopefully I will have more success with the firmware on this model which I plan to manually download and install via micro SD card (if the activation process allows).

Latest update:-

Off to a good start here. The camera came with V01.03.0.02(6460) preloaded. I saw this after bypassing activation initially after powering up device. The device appears to allow bypassing activation a maximum of five times. Presumably one would then need to activate the device to use it.
So on second power up I activated the device to my DJI account after logging in. As soon as device was activated an automatic update to V01.04.00.10(6698) started. I made no attempt to abort the update, after completion the camera reported 'update success'. So far all appears to be well. I should have a good idea within the next couple of weeks if all is behaving as it should be. If not then it gets the chop.

One hours use tonight trying out various modes has been successful, long may it last.

2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-24 14:27
After waiting two days for the Osmo Action to mature a bit ;-)  I decided to jump in again after identifying a device locally available that has been manufacture in June 2019, the first two returned units were both April 2019. Hopefully I will have more success with the firmware on this model which I plan to manually download and install via micro SD card (if the activation process allows).

“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Third time lucky I hope .
2019-7-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

After waiting two days for the Osmo Action to mature a bit ;-)  I decided to jump in again after identifying a device locally available that has been manufacture in June 2019, the first two returned units were both April 2019. Hopefully I will have more success with the firmware on this model which I plan to manually download and install via micro SD card (if the activation process allows).

Good luck and please keep us posted.
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Aardvark, I still haven't received any suggestion from our engineers, I will keep pushing them, thanks for your patience.
2019-7-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-29 00:29
Hi Aardvark, I still haven't received any suggestion from our engineers, I will keep pushing them, thanks for your patience.

DJI Mindy, thank you for your reply, although there is not the same urgency now as I returned the faulty second unit and purchased a third unit which had been manufactured in June, it came with V01.04.00.02 firmware already installed, and seems to have a newer casing design (extra hole/s in side of case). This unit has been working well over the past few days and hopefully this will continue.

The first two units I'd had which developed problems were both manufactured in April and would have been part of the first batches produced I would think.

However it would be interesting to get meaningful feedback from DJI as to the cause of the problem I had with the first two units. At least confirmation as to whether or not it were a firmware problem which could be rectified without returning units, perhaps a hardware or manufacturing problem which had been identified and resolved ?
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aardvark Posted at 7-29 01:01
DJI Mindy, thank you for your reply, although there is not the same urgency now as I returned the faulty second unit and purchased a third unit which had been manufactured in June, it came with V01.04.00.02 firmware already installed, and seems to have a newer casing design (extra hole/s in side of case). This unit has been working well over the past few days and hopefully this will continue.

The first two units I'd had which developed problems were both manufactured in April and would have been part of the first batches produced I would think.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Action, this is never the experience we want you to have with us, this issue is still rare and our engineers will do their best to locate the problem, not sure what the problem is now, I will keep you updated once I get anything from them.
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules