Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controlling NAZA M V2
2781 3 2019-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDalicandro
lvl.1
United States

I've been busy connecting a Raspberry PI B+ to a Naza M V2 controller through PWM signaling.   I should note that the Naza is on a FlameWheel 450.
Things are somewhat working - but I'm running into complexity with the Tri Position Switch settings.

Here's the complexity:

I set the Tri-Position Switch to GPS mode - and I can confirm this with the Naza hooked up to my computer and look at the settings.   Also, the led blinks as it should that it's receiving approximately 3 satellite signals.

With the propellers removed from the Flamewheel - - my problem is the following:
- I test Rudder Right or Rudder Left - - and they only work at nearly full scale on the PWM signal  (pitch change in the motors)
- I test Elevator Up or Elevator Down - - and they don't work at all (no pitch change at all)
- I test Aileron Right or Aileron Left - - and they don't do anything at all (no pitch change at all)
- I test Throttle Up - - and only does something at 10% above mid-stick
- I test Throttle Down - - - and it only sounds like mid-stick

What am I doing wrong about testing the system without propellers (as I want to make sure that the controls work before taking flight).

I should mention that if I put the Tri Position Switch to Manual - - I hear all motors change with any change to any stick (Rudder, Elevator, Aileron, and Throttle).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
2019-6-13
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-14
Use props
JDalicandro
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone have information on the specific signaling being received into the Naza M V2 when in
- GPS mode
- ATTi mode

What I'm trying to enable - is the ability to "walk" the drone.   What do I mean by "walk" - I'd like to be able to create a step size movement that can take the drone from position A to position B (say forward by 5 ft), by putting signal (PWM) into the NAZA for a specific % increase to Elevators (say +10%) for a specific amount of time (say 2 seconds).

My signals are currently setup as follows:
- PWM at 50Hz
- independent signals for Rudder, Elevator, Aileron, and Throttle (range at 1ms to 2ms) or respectively 5%, 7.5%(mid) and 10% of a 50Hz PWM

Thank you for anyone who can offer assistance.
2019-6-14
Use props
Chuan111
lvl.1

Russia

Hi, are you using GPIO to naza connection or using some driver for each channel?
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules