Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

GetHigh Posted at 7-21 16:36
Just like people "tweak" to get more performance out of their cars, some of us would like to achieve more from our existing Spark. A firmware upgrade is along the same idea. Don't replace the car...improve it.

I think it takes more processing power that the Spark does not have.
2019-7-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GetHigh Posted at 7-21 16:36
Just like people "tweak" to get more performance out of their cars, some of us would like to achieve more from our existing Spark. A firmware upgrade is along the same idea. Don't replace the car...improve it.

I just think if the computer gets overloaded it will drop the drone out of the sky.
2019-7-21
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-21 17:59
I think it takes more processing power that the Spark does not have.

I don't believe that is correct. It takes LESS processing power, to just keep the RAW file. By it giving us a .jpg image, it is processing the RAW file, it has already captured, then modifying it to what it believes is the correct white balance, dynamic range, toning, compressing it, etc.  If it just gives us the RAW file, it is merely giving us everything the sensor captured and letting us use the variables we desire. RAW is an unprocessed images.  It does take more storage room for the files. however as far as still photos, storage capacity is not an issue. Most of us are not shooting that many images in the 15 minutes, to fill a decent sized SD card. Then when we change battery, we can exchange SD cards too.
The above is simplistic as a certain amount of processing is always needed to convert the sensor DATA into anything we can use but RAW is less conversion than jpg.
2019-7-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GetHigh Posted at 7-22 03:40
I don't believe that is correct. It takes LESS processing power, to just keep the RAW file. By it giving us a .jpg image, it is processing the RAW file, it has already captured, then modifying it to what it believes is the correct white balance, dynamic range, toning, compressing it, etc.  If it just gives us the RAW file, it is merely giving us everything the sensor captured and letting us use the variables we desire. RAW is an unprocessed images.  It does take more storage room for the files. however as far as still photos, storage capacity is not an issue. Most of us are not shooting that many images in the 15 minutes, to fill a decent sized SD card. Then when we change battery, we can exchange SD cards too.
The above is simplistic as a certain amount of processing is always needed to convert the sensor DATA into anything we can use but RAW is less conversion than jpg.

I think they should make it allowable then if it can be done.  It's not like the Spark is better than the Mavic 2.  The Spark feels 3x Slower which is bad in the air and the HD feed is unbelievable in comparison.
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules